Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can they do us all a favour and shoot this piece of ****

Options
  • 21-05-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

from breaking news http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eykfkfqlkfey/rss2/
    Teen jailed for cyclist robbery
    21/05/2009 - 13:01:49

A Dublin teenager who was part of a gang that tried to rob a cyclist after hitting him over the head with the lock for his bike has been given four years' detention for this and other offences.

The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also jumped into the car of a woman who had been delivering takeaways and knocked her to the ground with the vehicle's door before he drove over her leg.

He had also been involved in the robbery of a man who was set upon by a group of five after he got off the Luas. The man was bitten on the hand when he tried to hold onto the mobile phone the gang demanded from him.

Four days later he robbed another man on the Luas after he and two other youths sat down beside the victim and pulled at the headphones of his MP3 player. They then attacked and punched him before they chased after him and stole his stereo.

The teenager pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to attempted robbery, two charges of robbery, the unlawful taking of a vehicle and reckless endangerment on dates between December 11, 2007 and August 11, 2008. His 20 previous convictions included theft, threats to kill and drug offences.

Judge Frank O'Donnell noted from victim impact reports that the cyclist needed 14 stitches to his head and the woman was left in severe pain although no bones were broken in her leg. Another victim had two badly swollen eyes.

He accepted evidence from the boy's mother that he had been diagnosed with attention deficient disorder and was sent to a detention school at the age of 12 when he first started going out of control.

Judge O'Donnell said that a probation report before the court indicated that the boy did not want to become a habitual offender but was assessed as being at "a high risk of re-offending".

"Your behaviour reflects a man criminalised from a young age," Judge O'Donnell said before he noted that in the past when the teenager had been in the community he had failed to co-operate with the probation service. He suspended the last year of the sentence on strict conditions

I reading about scumbags like this. They are the lowest form of life and should just be shot. He is costing the taxpayer money left, right and centre.

I just hate scrotes like this
    :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It was one of my best mates they attacked. Filthy scummy ****ers.. drowning is the solution for them. He was lucky he was not killed the way they hit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Ah yes, attention deficit disorder..otherwise known as 'Bad parenting'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

swingking wrote: »

That ADD bullshít is some cop out, in my day if we were caught acting like whelps we got a dose of the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I would like to kick that guy square in the nuts...repeatedly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

markok84 wrote: »
    That ADD bullshít is some cop out, in my day if we were caught acting like whelps we got a dose of the switch.

+1

What a load of boll***s with the ADD excuse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Ah hang on? Shoot the guy? Jesus, what you want to do is calm down, then think of how to make him REALLY suffer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

Puddleduck wrote: »

i dont agree on that fully now, there are kids out there with this disorder, but they be perfectly fine with the right guidance (not meaning drug them up) what i do think is that parents use this excuse a little too easaly to my liking.

whenever a kid goes nuts its ADD or ADHD....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Why don't you all leave him alone. He comes from a very poor background. He was pressured into it by his peers. He was at home on the night in question reading the collected works of Alfred Lord Tennyson when his friends forcibly removed him and made him be a scumbag against his will. He is very sorry. HASN'T HE BEEN PUNISHED ENOUGH

• Registered Users Posts: 33,142 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ah yes, automatically labeling every case of a ADHD as "bad parenting" - otherwise known as "blind ignorance".

I agree though in this case - putting it down on a legal defense is a bull**** excuse.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Ah yes, automatically labeling every case of a ADHD as "bad parenting" - otherwise known as "blind ignorance".

I agree though in this case - putting it down on a legal defense is a bull**** excuse.

Yes, every case. Except I posted it here. In realation to this thread...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

This kinda shit really pisses me off. No doubt he will continue to do this because he is a f*cking scumbag with scumbag parents and he knows he will get away with stuff like this.
    We really need some sort of vigilante on the Luas to beat some sense into these knackers who think they are above the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Bring back industrial schools is what I say!

Too soon?

Yes, every case. Except I posted it here. In realation to this thread...

you're not making yourself very clear. Are you saying every case in court (in which case your first post is a bit misleading) or every case, full stop (in whcih case you're ignorant).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

He accepted evidence from the boy's mother that he had been diagnosed with attention deficient disorder and was sent to a detention school at the age of 12 when he first started going out of control.
    Really!? I didn't know side effects included assault and robbery! ADD me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Ah hang on? Shoot the guy? Jesus, what you want to do is calm down, then think of how to make him REALLY suffer!

They could use him as live pratice for the army sniper.. or as an example of how not to step on a live mine......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    you're not making yourself very clear. Are you saying every case in court (in which case your first post is a bit misleading) or every case, full stop (in whcih case you're ignorant).

I took it as meaning this case specifically. Maybe you're the ignorant one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

They should bring back hanging!

Hanging is too good for them..........etc.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

markok84 wrote: »

There is some truth to it with a small number of children. But I agree that every brat who gets into trouble these days has ADD. Every little bit of bad behaviour that comes before the courts comes with some ridiculous sob story. I'd be embarrassed as a barrister inventing some of these things. The judges must be sick to their stomachs with it. Why can't somebody go to court and say "yeah, I acted like a scumbag, there's no excuse, I apologise".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Why don't you all leave him alone. He comes from a very poor background. He was pressured into it by his peers. He was at home on the night in question reading the collected works of Alfred Lord Tennyson when his friends forcibly removed him and made him be a scumbag against his will. He is very sorry. HASN'T HE BEEN PUNISHED ENOUGH
    Hear, hear! I think the poor fellow should be compensated massively at our expense for his suffering. His dignified restraint in the face of adversity is an inspiration to us all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

They should take all those criminals and feed them to the rapists and pedophiles. You'd curb the appetite of those sex offenders and you'd be giving an appropriate punishment that may actually prevent the scumbags from offending again.

Bird + Bird < Stone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

swingking wrote: »
    from breaking news http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eykfkfqlkfey/rss2/

I reading about scumbags like this. They are the lowest form of life and should just be shot. He is costing the taxpayer money left, right and centre.

Ah he's just a kid :)

I took it as meaning this case specifically. Maybe you're the ignorant one.

Nope, defintiely misleading. And I have ADHD and I'm very sensitive about it thank you very much sob sob sob....

The sentence just wasnt long enough really. Some of those crimes deserve 4 years on their own imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

swingking wrote:
    Can they do us all a favour and shoot this piece of ****
    Who is "they"?

Why dont you shoot him yourself?

Thats the trouble with people today, so lazy, expect everyone else to do things for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Furious_Daz

Repeat offenders should be given long sentences as well being castrated. It works in calming down hyperactive dogs so why not hyperactive assholes? It also has the added effect of ensuring they never get to reproduce and bring up another generation of scum.

I would love if the moderators gave permission for a thread for bad judges, a sort of name and shame of those Judges, who give out ridiculous sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

CiaranC wrote: »
    Who is "they"?

meaning the justice system. Disgraceful sentencing for such horrible crimes. He'll be out in no time and back on the streets again. These sorts of people should be eliminated from the gene pool altogether:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Repeat offenders should be given long sentences as well being castrated. It works in calming down hyperactive dogs so why not hyperactive assholes? It also has the added effect of ensuring they never get to reproduce and bring up another generation of scum.

This is possibly the best idea ive ever heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Wagon wrote: »
    Really!? I didn't know side effects included assault and robbery! ADD me hole.

Add your hole to what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Furious_Daz

greenfly wrote: »
    This is possibly the best idea ive ever heard!

I was thinking something along the lines of a three strikes system. As in "three strikes and they're off..."

Advertisement