Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Music.

Options
  • 24-05-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

What you think will be key to study?

What you think of the set songs and works, choice songs and works?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 evansmiley

i'd say you should have a good knowledge of what happens in the set works, and the forms, keys and features of the songs. Also it really helps if you practice the dictation question a few times.I dont think our set songs are that hard but learning off all the info about the wiliam tell overture and watermusic is a bit of a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rkelly174

evansmiley wrote: »
    i'd say you should have a good knowledge of what happens in the set works, and the forms, keys and features of the songs. Also it really helps if you practice the dictation question a few times.I dont think our set songs are that hard but learning off all the info about the wiliam tell overture and watermusic is a bit of a pain

Ya set works are abit hard alright. Dictations are difficult when trying to get the melody but the rhythm is pretty easy.

just as a matter of interest did you research the general study question or just learn something off? i learned something off and its the same question that comes up every year so our teacher gave us a subject to learn rather than a spending a week or two on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 evansmiley

we did a mixture of both research and learning things off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

i finished the juniour cert last year . loved music . dictatation is something u either get or u dont simple as i wouldnt think there is any point in practicing it . the set works are annoying but the questions arent too difficult if u know wat they sound like . hope u do ok its really not bad i got an A the composition is the one to get your marks in !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ILoveParamore

Songs are really good, i like most of em and the works are amazing...some of my favourite works i got to study, like william tell overture. My teacher picked great songs and works for choice songs and works.

This year is the year for G.F Handel so possibly water music this year?
    Any one have any idea of what section in Irish music will come up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

I primarily read the book and learned it or sometihng

Advertisement