Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Tax and Insurance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Disky wrote: »

No, just one. GARDA.

I am so impressed wow! Says it all if you need to use the BOLD CAPS ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

blah, nuts to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Disky

I am so impressed wow! Says it all if you need to use the BOLD CAPS ...

I tell you something, Caroline.

On a Monday night in Coppers, that one word is usually more than enough, what with a bit of macho posing thrown in for good effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

blah, nuts to this!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Very interesting, Caroline.

And what does that involve?

Um, what words don't you understand? Caroline Investigates (you should know what that means, being a Garda and all) fraud (again, you should be very familiar of partaking in this being an esteemed member of the constabularty) on the Internet (you know that term, as you're trolling on it right now!)

The very busy part you may have a problem with, but that's your fault, not ours
    facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Nietzchiean (argh, pick an easier to spell user name!) and I were just saying, rather I said to him, that a short diversion into Laragh on the W200 by the slow group for some tea and cake might not be a bad idea. We will have just conquered most of the climbs so a celebration would be in order.

Big +1.

I have an aversion to going agaist the direction that I am supposed to be going in. Result of a rigid upbringing.
    When we finish Shay Elliott then we should head North, not South to go North.
    If anyone thinks that we are cheating, I would be happy to make up the kms somewhere like maybe Glenmacnass or Luggalla??
    Nice cake and coffee is preferable to queueing with hundreds for mouldy ham and cheese sangidges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

laragh is only 2/3 km from where the roads diverge, wouldn't take much to pop in for some cake and finish the full route?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

On a Monday night in Coppers, that one word is usually more than enough, what with a bit of macho posing thrown in for good effect.

I don't believe you, not that it matters remotely. But I nonetheless demand a Custard Test.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Come on OP, say something funny and actually make us laugh.

DANCE, MONKEY, DANCE

Um, what words don't you understand? Caroline Investigates (you should know what that means, being a Garda and all) fraud (again, you should be very familiar of partaking in this being an esteemed member of the constabularty) on the Internet (you know that term, as you're trolling on it right now!)

The very busy part you may have a problem with, but that's your fault, not ours

euphemism.

"Nightclub security staff" beat the heads off drunken revellers.

"Parking attendants" hand out a €60 fine when you ticket is one minute out.

"Family Planning" clinics murder the unborn.

• Advertisement

laragh is only 2/3 km from where the roads diverge, wouldn't take much to pop in for some cake and finish the full route?

We could call in tomorrow, get takeaway cake, and eat it at our leisure....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

el tonto wrote: »
    Come on OP, say something funny and actually make us laugh.

DANCE, MONKEY, DANCE

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/865433/dancing_monkeys/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I tell you something, Caroline.

I really didn't want this thread to come to this ... but have you tried these penis enhancers pills? you might feel better if your try them, at least in your head, I would hate to think one poor garda is sad about his state of his endowment as much as you seems to be.
    See people, things like these makes peopel angry and insecure ...

I really didn't want this thread to come to this ... but have you tried these penis enhancers pills? you might feel better if your try them, at least in your head, I would hate to think one poor garda is sad about his state of his endowment as much as you seems to be.
    See people, things like these makes peopel angry and insecure ...

Caroline, aren't all Garda insecure little prats in it for the power trip?

Why would I be any diffetent.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The OP's manhood? Ah now, that's below the belt....

...it really is below his belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I'm still trying to get to grips with a lot of the stuff surrounding cycling, but is cake the mid-spin snack of choice?

I've tended to go for ice-creams (99s) -once I'm good enough to come out on a boards spin will it be a horrible faux pas to pass on the cake in favour of something like a biscuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Jawgap wrote: »
    I'm still trying to get to grips with a lot of the stuff surrounding cycling, but is cake the mid-spin snack of choice?

I've tended to go for ice-creams (99s) -once I'm good enough to come out on a boards spin will it be a horrible faux pas to pass on the cake in favour of something like a biscuit?

Cake or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

It was fun for the first couple of pages but he (or she, you'd never know) is on my ignore list now.

The child hitler was my favourite moment. What was everyone else's favourite moment?

unionman wrote: »
    It was fun for the first couple of pages but he (or she, you'd never know) is on my ignore list now.

The child hitler was my favourite moment. What was everyone else's favourite moment?

Your baby portrait was nice.... you've not changed much :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Got this very exclusive email , thought the OP might be interested

"Our 0nline Pharmacy is the place to find many PrescriptionDrugs without a priorPrescription.We use FedEx shipping to ensure that you will receive your order promptly.

Our benefits:

* No prior RX is required
    * Free 0nline medical consultation by a licensed U.S. physician
    * No embarassment
    * No waiting rooms to increase your chances of getting sick
    * All medications are FDA approved
    * No appointments, order your needed pills anytime, anywhere

Ordering is easy at our 0nline Pharmacy!

1. Choose your medication dosage and quantity.
    2. Fill up your name & the address to ship to.
    3. You order will go out within 24-48 hours.

http://kwxw.dsipoij.cn
    http://kofc.dsipoij.cn"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

There would have been a fave moment, but I am too scared after seeing Mr Bean in nappies.

I feel defiled . . . and not in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

The guys on the Segways - wouldn't you just love to see the ERU storming down O'Connell Street on them - where would they put the blue lights?

I liked the double fail

unionman wrote: »
    What was everyone else's favourite moment?

When the OP said he was entertaining people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

niceonetom wrote: »
    ah yeah - no problems at all.

edit :
    have you decided what you're doing on sunday?

sorry niceonetom I never saw your edit. work and the courier's* have conspired against me for Sun. Wont even get a single pedal rev in over the weekend.

*Courier never delivered my new (ish) crankshaft and B/B. that dry chain sound yis heard from my bike last Sun was not a dry chain and was not dry jockey wheels (though thats not gonna stop me buying new bling bling ones) BUT was in fact my BB crying goodbye dear world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I'd be annoyed if I had to pay tax and insurance for a pushbike. I honestly can't afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

*Edit: Just noticed the monkeys are palping fixies. So anyone worried about riding fixed can be reassured that a monkey can do it.

** Edit 2: Also brakeless. Stupid monkeys. The collision at the end could probably have been avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭crazydingo

I am a GARDA.

Does anyone here actually believe he is a Garda? While I have a very limited amount of faith in them already, I cannot believe that any Garda would have this little amount of decorum, and I seriously doubt they would be throwing around their position like this.

Little Disky, I hope you get the help you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

I liked the double fail also, and the talk of cake

Advertisement