Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IP Gym

Options
  • 11-06-2009 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭

I dont have time to start a proper thread. But i would really like to see some References somewhere, i mean i don't recall one bad sentiment in the IP thread... what is this about
    The Fitness forum at boards can be found here. I get at least one email a day that has some reference to this forum…some days it is far more than just the one. I thought I would answer some of the questions I usually get in the hope that I won’t get any more of those types of emails in the future.
    Firstly, the Fitness forum there is pretty much like forums everywhere…in that is dominated by a far from silent minority. Now that isn’t a problem in itself. In the past I browsed a large number of fitness forums and commented on next to none of them but at certain times…I commented A LOT. So I have been a contributor and a lurker at different times. What you have to keep in mind though when reading forums is that sometimes the contributors to these forums…lose some perspective…for instance you can have a thread with maybe 10 people contributing….with maybe 30 actual posts and yet it could have 2000+ views. I’ve seen threads where one person is expressing an opinion….4 people are saying that the one person expressing their opinion is wrong and all the naysayers are agreeing and concurring with each other and thinking that they are totally ’schooling’ this particular poster and yet every OTHER person with a brain in their head that is reading the post realising the one person is right and the other 4 are morons….and yet they’d say absolutely nothing. Of course the opposite can also be the case. All I am getting at is that the people making the most ‘noise’ in a forum aren’t always the ‘winners’ and that might isn’t always right.
    Secondly, maybe my opinion is skewed or maybe I just haven’t seen enough of it to have seen the better side of it…but it also seems to be one of the most negative sites I’ve ever seen…more criticism than encouragement….more dissent than commonality. I think that is pretty strange…but something that I’ve gotten used to here in Ireland. I’m ‘into’ sport…as you can see from the blog…I work with a lot of different sports and I enjoy them all. I am ‘into’ fitness and am always happy to see people doing something….doing anything….rather than nothing. It doesn’t seem to be the case there. I actually had a meeting with someone today who is a ‘regular’ on this particular board and who knows a number of other ‘regular’ posters there. He was telling me about the fact that many of them had expressed the opinion to him that they really hope Informed Performance fails…this is seriously what they are hoping for…what sort of people are they is all I could think at the time. I thought this was astounding but when I had time to think about it later I realised that I shouldn’t be too surprised. These opinions pretty much sums up the attitude of many of the members of the not so silent minority on that forum. I have actually started checking out again of late and it seems actually a little sad but each to their own I suppose.
    Thirdly, I get asked via email often where the animosity there towards me comes from. I’m sure I am wrong but from memory it goes something like this. I was encouraged by several people to post there…eventually I did…I expressed my opinion…the silent minority there weren’t happy about me diving in and pissing in their little pool where they were the big fishes and so they banned me…apparently…I’m no longer banned…well that is the story that the mods there are sticking to…I assure you though….I’m still banned….I know this because I can’t log in…that is a dead give away.
    Go and have a look at the site for yourself…amongst all the garbage there is actually some reasonably good stuff there. You can go and search for the threads that I posted in…I don’t think I said anything disrespectful or incorrect…mainly because I don’t think telling someone they are an idiot is disrespectful if it happens to be the truth.
    Any way…that’s the whole story…so please…no more emails about boards.ie…they have their own little thing going on over there and they seem quite happy about it and I am more than happy to let them be. I just hope that I can be perhaps disappoint many of them by making a positive contribution to Informed Performance’s success.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Was he banned for not using paragraphs?

Who is he anyway, and what the hell is IP Gym?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

im sitting here installing a new ESM for our IP networks and you post this IP gym and i automatically think....mmm a gym i can ping...how cool....it was at that stage i realised how sad i was.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lol that is very sad drifter.

Tbh I would like to see more gyms in Ireland like what they have planned, I think most people here would. Course its all chinese whispers so I don't really know/care if anyone wants him to fail or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

He's STILL going on about that??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

The funny thing is he isn't even really Australian, he has never even been there. He is from Ballymun and only puts on that accent to make it sound like he knows what he is talking about (which he doesn't :D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

It's all true.

The original (and some say best) Informed Performance Gym thread was heavily edited and had a lot of posts deleted off it. Suffice to say I wasn't very happy with the petty nature of some of the comments and thinly veiled implications that didn't survive the edit. But I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and leave those few small minded people to themselves.

MagicMarker, he is Will Heffernan and he and I are opening Informed Performance Gym (IPG) in Glasnevin in the next few weeks. There's more info on all that in our blogs but if you're not bothered reading that then all you need to know is that kevpants is a big fan (he reads my blog for example) and has volunteered to be the first to try out our new boxing ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I vaguely remember seeing the Informed Performance thread after there was a ton of post deleted now that you mention it. Can i just re-iterate that whoever the **** thought i was questioning Ropers qualifications or whatever the **** got the complete wrong end of the stick, as i said quite long indedly in a PM to Roper last week. I also have said on the few occasions where i've actually givin advice that it was from my own opinion or qualified by saying its probably not worth reading into anyway! I HAVE NEVER proclaimed to know more than a dog on the street never mind anyone in any part of the fitness field...

any time i've asked about background or qualifications its because we all have to start somewhere, and who better to emulate than successful coaches that are doing what you'd love to be able to do, you are not born an S and C coach or a P/T its something to be aquired and something id strive to do, but im not going to apologise for asking genuine questions that didn't hold an ounce of malice.

i dunno where all this ****te came from, I PERSONALLY have never seen anything bad posted here about WH or IP and i wouldnt like to see it either ( as i said to Roper i think everything they're at is wicked a huge leap forward), however this bickering and constant ribbing is retarded, get over it.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Roper wrote: »
    It's all true.

The original (and some say best) Informed Performance Gym thread was heavily edited and had a lot of posts deleted off it. Suffice to say I wasn't very happy with the petty nature of some of the comments and thinly veiled implications that didn't survive the edit. But I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and leave those few small minded people to themselves.

MagicMarker, he is Will Heffernan and he and I are opening Informed Performance Gym (IPG) in Glasnevin in the next few weeks. There's more info on all that in our blogs but if you're not bothered reading that then all you need to know is that kevpants is a big fan (he reads my blog for example) and has volunteered to be the first to try out our new boxing ring.

The one thing I would be concerned about as an athlete training in your place with yourself and Will coaching me would be I would never really know where I stood in your eyes. I think you both might have to learn to stop with the airs and graces and say what you really think, it's important for the athletes progression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Any press is good press

:pac:

For the record i'll be training there or what i call training anyway. Im sure Barry would describe it as something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Mickk wrote: »
    The one thing I would be concerned about as an athlete training in your place with yourself and Will coaching me would be I would never really know where I stood in your eyes. I think you both might have to learn to stop with the airs and graces and say what you really think, it's important for the athletes progression.
    I've been undergoing some therapy to try to express my true feelings. One of these days I'll get around to telling you I hate you.

ItsalllbhjhjL, I never got any pm so I'm going to still assume you're a knob.

Killme00, wait until you see your new programme.

• Advertisement

Killme00, wait until you see your new programme.

Ive done nothing but eat for this week and it feels great. Im looking forward to the pain and the Jitz.

Roll on Saturday night btw. Hopefully Informed Cobra Kai get off to a winning start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Handbags at 20 paces, ladies!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I've been undergoing some therapy to try to express my true feelings. One of these days I'll get around to telling you I hate you.

Sometimes you deliver these posts and there just perfect..:D
    ItsalllbhjhjL, I never got any pm so I'm going to still assume you're a knob.

Can i put that in my sig? :p:p only messing L

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think it's fair to say that's a nasty little post from Will right there. I spend a lot of my (very limited) free time trying to make this a decent forum and comments like this really f*ck me off (since I'm assuming I'm part of the not so silent minority that he refers to). I'm open to criticism, but I'm not open to bull**** abuse and that was one stinky pile of bull**** abuse.

I'm gonna do a piece by piece on this one, and I generally don't like doing that, because I think you can pick anything apart if you do it piece by piece, but there are several parts to his post that I think should be addressed.
    He was telling me about the fact that many of them had expressed the opinion to him that they really hope Informed Performance fails

I call bullshit. Name names. Who the hell wants a business to fail? "many of them". How many? etc. etc.

Sounds like chinese whispers / bullsh*t to me tbh.
    …this is seriously what they are hoping for…what sort of people are they

Whoever "they" are, if in fact "they" exist, I think it's fair to say that "they" represent a tiny minority and not the "many" that you repeatedly say.
    I thought this was astounding but when I had time to think about it later I realised that I shouldn’t be too surprised. These opinions pretty much sums up the attitude of many of the members of the not so silent minority on that forum.

What the f*ck kind of statement is that? Nice job tarring everyone with the same brush. I wished you well in your venture, as did everyone else in that thread (in the end, after I'd put in a lot of effort, late at night, to clean up the bickering). I don't know who the hell you are. All I've ever heard is "boo hoo, Will is banned, boards are assholes". What? If you're banned (and I seriously doubt it) it's for a good reason.
    Thirdly, I get asked via email often where the animosity there towards me comes from.

I'll give you a clue: Tarring everyone with the same brush in posts like that. Making nasty little statements about people like me who have never done anything wrong to you. Wrongly implying that I'm some big fish that didn't want you in my pool. That'll get you some animosity in your direction.
    I’m sure I am wrong but from memory it goes something like this. I was encouraged by several people to post there…eventually I did…I expressed my opinion…the silent minority there weren’t happy about me diving in and pissing in their little pool where they were the big fishes and so they banned me…apparently…I’m no longer banned…well that is the story that the mods there are sticking to…I assure you though….I’m still banned….I know this because I can’t log in…that is a dead give away.

FITNESS FORUM MODS CANNOT SITE BAN YOU. If you can't login, it's because you've forgotten your username or password tbh. Occam's razor right there. If you WERE banned from fitness it wasn't for pissing in any pools. Statements like that are just looking for an argument.

Even after your nasty little assertions, I really hope IPG goes well. As a fighter I think gyms like it could really help lift the standard of fighting fitness here in Ireland.

Of several acceptable explanations for a phenomenon, the simplest is preferable

Also, pissing in pools is bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Without knowing WH's background too much, his little spiel about why boards hate him sounds like bull****. Because by and large that's what Roper does on a regular basis, and we love him for it. Boards.ie was a lot less fun during his recent two week holiday.

Roper, whatever his views on us here are, you should get him to lay off it for the sake of the gym. Whether his grievances are justified or not, its not going to generate a lot of good will for the business if he is constantly griping about boards. While there may well be idiots who wish you ill will, many of us wish the venture well, and wish you well, but could easily be put off by posts like that. If i lived convenient to it, i would like to give your MMA classes a shot. I reckon you would be a good coach. However I know i wouldn't like to train under him, he sounds like he has a real chip on his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I like it here.
    I think coming on here, reading logs and threads, has inspired me to train more.

I think I'm probably learning more about fitness and I probably would never have heard about starting strength if it wasn't for >Fitness.

Just thought you guys could do with a heads up in light of this......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Miracle upon miracles...my username and password just magically worked. Obviously every other single time I tried I was just doing something wrong....until today of course when it magically worked. Apparently I was never banned after all.

I'll work backwards....just because I'm a trouble maker.
    Khannie wrote: »
    Even after your nasty little assertions, I really hope IPG goes well. As a fighter I think gyms like it could really help lift the standard of fighting fitness here in Ireland.

That's nice of you to be so positive.
    FITNESS FORUM MODS CANNOT SITE BAN YOU. If you can't login, it's because you've forgotten your username or password tbh. Occam's razor right there. If you WERE banned from fitness it wasn't for pissing in any pools. Statements like that are just looking for an argument.

If it looks like a ban and smells like a ban and feels like a ban...I'm pretty sure it's a ban. Obviously I am completely mistaken and was just repeatedly entering the wrong username and password....people here are right...obviously I am an idiot.
    I'll give you a clue: Tarring everyone with the same brush in posts like that. Making nasty little statements about people like me who have never done anything wrong to you. Wrongly implying that I'm some big fish that didn't want you in my pool. That'll get you some animosity in your direction.

You do realise that you don't have to automatically include yourself in that group don't you...maybe you just have a guilty conscious?
    I think it's fair to say that's a nasty little post from Will right there. I spend a lot of my (very limited) free time trying to make this a decent forum and comments like this really f*ck me off (since I'm assuming I'm part of the not so silent minority that he refers to). I'm open to criticism, but I'm not open to bull**** abuse and that was one stinky pile of bull**** abuse.

Abuse? Is that what my post was? I'm pretty sure that it is fine for me to express my opinion even if it isn't full of love and praise? I read what I said again.

That boards and forums are dominated by a not so silent minority? Is that wrong?

That the information can be good or bad and that the people making the most noise aren't always the ones that are correct? Is that wrong?

I said that there was a lot of negativity on this site...do you want me to post examples? Maybe the mods just repost all those posts that Hanley and the likes made in Barry's thread on the gym...people can judge for themselves that way whether I am just making it all up?

I think I made it pretty clear in my post that I don't read the site extensively...I made it clear that what I had seen was mainly negativity and criticism...that has been my experience here. Am I wrong about my own opinion...is that what you are telling me?
    I'm gonna do a piece by piece on this one, and I generally don't like doing that, because I think you can pick anything apart if you do it piece by piece, but there are several parts to his post that I think should be addressed.

I am a big fan of the piece by piece thing as well.
    I call bullshit. Name names. Who the hell wants a business to fail? "many of them". How many? etc. etc.

That pretty much sounds like you are calling me a liar?

You are right in a way though because I shouldn't have used the word 'many' I should have said 'three' as for naming names...people email me all the time...that's how I keep up with all the 'breaking news' here on boards. I assume that you expect any correspondence that you send me for example to remain private? If people want to 'come out' here on boards that's for them to decide...I won't be 'outing' anyone. Like I said people can make up there own minds I suppose.
    Sounds like chinese whispers / bullsh*t to me tbh.

Whoever "they" are, if in fact "they" exist, I think it's fair to say that "they" represent a tiny minority and not the "many" that you repeatedly say.

This still sounds like you are calling me a liar? It is obviously yet again something else I am wrong about.

They surely do represent a tiny minority of the tiny minority I would absolutely agree with that.
    What the f*ck kind of statement is that? Nice job tarring everyone with the same brush. I wished you well in your venture, as did everyone else in that thread (in the end, after I'd put in a lot of effort, late at night, to clean up the bickering).

Are you serious? All those posts that you deleted in that thread were all by people 'wishing us well'? I didn't realise that everyone was so positive and supportive that you had to delete their posts just because they were going overboard wishing us well and making other threads look bad.
    I don't know who the hell you are.
    Don't feel bad...no one does...I am an enigma.
    All I've ever heard is "boo hoo, Will is banned, boards are assholes".

That's right...my whole blog is basically about the injustice of boards and it consumes my every waking hour. Also, I don't think 'boards are assholes' as many...and my many...I mean more than three of the people I train are all lurkers and or contributors on boards.

If you read my post...which I am not sure you really did...I did tell people to check out this forum because there was some good stuff here amongst the garbage....which I also think is a fair comment.

So in short...I don't think anything I said was really out of order....maybe overly dramatic....but if you ever saw my facebook page you would know that I was a little on the 'flamboyant' side as a child and perhaps I have a little bit of that still in me.
    If you're banned (and I seriously doubt it) it's for a good reason.

I'm sure it was...I've often had to ban myself from my own site for being out of order....the only reason that I have a sneaking suspicion that I was banned was because one of you fellow moderators said it, told me it and told others that I was....like I said...if it smells like a ban...it was probably a ban.

Alright! Now we're getting places.

No, I wasn't calling you a liar. What I said was that it was bull**** / chinese whispers. That does not mean that you're bull****ting, just that you heard bull**** or misinterpreted it in some way. I believe that you believe it. I just don't believe that it's the case or the original meaning has been lost in the 10 layers of translation between the original and what you said. In fact, rumours like that can start with something like "I'll be those boards heads hope they fail" and 10 translations later it becomes "everyone on boards hopes IPG fails!!!!" (for clarity I'm not saying you said that, it is only for illustration). We've all seen it work like that before.

Honestly, you were not site banned that I'm aware. I'll check with the smods (who have the power to site ban you, since the fitness forum mods do not).

So...welcome back. Please contribute. Good luck with the venture. I saw the video of the building shell on the facebook page there last week (think I commented on Barrys profile). Looks like a super place.

Maybe the mods just repost all those posts that Hanley and the likes made in Barry's thread on the gym...people can judge for themselves that way whether I am just making it all up?

I'd love to see them too. I'm PRETTY sure I wouldn't say that I hope any one would fail in any business venture.

And Will, if we were both in school I'd say all the hate, insults and threats to "wipe my name off the record boards" that people keep telling me about on your blog was a sign that you SERIOUSLY loved me.

• Advertisement

Alright! Now we're getting places.

No, I wasn't calling you a liar. What I said was that it was bull**** / chinese whispers. That does not mean that you're bull****ting, just that you heard bull**** or misinterpreted it in some way. I believe that you believe it. I just don't believe that it's the case or the original meaning has been lost in the 10 layers of translation between the original and what you said. In fact, rumours like that can start with something like "I'll be those boards heads hope they fail" and 10 translations later it becomes "everyone on boards hopes IPG fails!!!!" (for clarity I'm not saying you said that, it is only for illustration). We've all seen it work like that before.

Honestly, you were not site banned that I'm aware. I'll check with the smods (who have the power to site ban you, since the fitness forum mods do not).

So...welcome back. Please contribute. Good luck with the venture. I saw the video of the building shell on the facebook page there last week (think I commented on Barrys profile). Looks like a super place.

Oh now you are just making me feel bad.

Look...I am happy to leave boards to the boards...it is nice to be able to respond when people say stuff about me or the gym that isn't true.

Like I said. I stand by what I said. It's my blog. I was stating what my experience was and I think I'm entitled to that...so I'll leave you all to it.

Hanley wrote: »
    I'd love to see them too. I'm PRETTY sure I wouldn't say that I hope any one would fail in any business venture.

I have no problem with that at all. I never got to see the thread pre-clean up and was just emailed 'highlights' so not completely sure of the entire context. I don't have any problem with people posting whatever they like.
    And Will, if we were both in school I'd say all the hate, insults and threats to "wipe my name off the record boards" that people keep telling me about on your blog was a sign that you SERIOUSLY loved me.
    1. I am not sure what school has to do with it?
    2. That wasn't a threat...that's absolutely what I am going to try and do. I'm not sure what people expect me to say...maybe your mate Kev can jump in because I think I dealt with this question to his satisfaction on my blog.
    3. No, I don't love you...that would be gay....not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can I just say all the toys being thrown out of the pram is hilarious.

Can I just say all the toys being thrown out of the pram is hilarious.

I would never throw my toys out.....my bottle...yes....my toys..not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I don't know you and to be perfectly honest, I don't really care who you are. To me, you're another poster on boards.
    Miracle upon miracles...my username and password just magically worked. Obviously every other single time I tried I was just doing something wrong....until today of course when it magically worked. Apparently I was never banned after all.
    I can see all your details and you have never been banned. I'd suggest here you take a look at your 'Caps Lock' button in future before having a go at our mods.

If it looks like a ban and smells like a ban and feels like a ban...I'm pretty sure it's a ban. Obviously I am completely mistaken and was just repeatedly entering the wrong username and password....people here are right...obviously I am an idiot.
    See my previous point.
    Abuse? Is that what my post was? I'm pretty sure that it is fine for me to express my opinion even if it isn't full of love and praise? I read what I said again.
    You can express your opinion here, that's what discussion fora are for. However, when that opinion becomes so forceful that it can appear abusive, we will act.
    I said that there was a lot of negativity on this site...do you want me to post examples? Maybe the mods just repost all those posts that Hanley and the likes made in Barry's thread on the gym...people can judge for themselves that way whether I am just making it all up?
    Rather than re-post what you feel is negativity, why not report the posts?

That pretty much sounds like you are calling me a liar?
    He didn't.
    I'm sure it was...I've often had to ban myself from my own site for being out of order....the only reason that I have a sneaking suspicion that I was banned was because one of you fellow moderators said it, told me it and told others that I was....like I said...if it smells like a ban...it was probably a ban.
    Just to re-iterate here because you don't seem to be getting the message. You have never been banned.

I have no problem with that at all. I never got to see the thread pre-clean up and was just emailed 'highlights' so not completely sure of the entire context.

Not really fair to go slagging off people when you don't know the context of the posts so eh? And since it's probably safe to assume the people sending you the "highlights" are friends of yours, they're not going to be un-biased nuggest are they?
    2. That wasn't a threat...that's absolutely what I am going to try and do. I'm not sure what people expect me to say...maybe your mate Kev can jump in because I think I dealt with this question to his satisfaction on my blog.

Shouldn't be too hard tbh.. records are there to be broken, and I think I'll still manage to sleep at night if someone takes me 245kg national squat record. If it's even there still. You might be too late.

I haven't read your blog, so I owuldn't know. I've seen "highlights" tho.

smashey wrote: »
    I don't know you and to be perfectly honest, I don't really care who you are. To me, you're another poster on boards.
    That's pretty cold...I thought everyone cared about everyone here :)?
    I can see all your details and you have never been banned. I'd suggest here you take a look at your 'Caps Lock' button in future before having a go at our mods.
    I might have to check that with one of your mods G'em because she made reference on my blog to me being banned? Maybe the CIA has been hacking the boards database....because a lot of people seemed to be under the impression that I was banned...I think Dragan or Dragon another of the mods made reference to it as well? It was probably all just in my imagination? I'm sure if you are wrong you'll be back to here to admit it and apologise.
    See my previous point.
    See my previous point.
    You can express your opinion here, that's what discussion fora are for. However, when that opinion becomes so forceful that it can appear abusive, we will act.
    I think this is one of those 'mod' issues...I sort of found that posters could be forceful towards me and that I just couldn't be forceful back...but I know full well that it's your game and you want to red card me that is your right...and by 'your' I mean boards.
    Rather than re-post what you feel is negativity, why not report the posts?
    It's fine...I will do that then. I am only going to post in threads specifically about the gym or myself anyway and apparently there are nothing but well wishers here so I'm certain I have nothing to worry about.
    He didn't.
    That was an 'in-joke' between that mod and myself...I think he probably got it.
    Just to re-iterate here because you don't seem to be getting the message. You have never been banned.
    Obviously the collective unconscious is wrong...I'm ok with that as well...it must have just been my mistake.

Not really fair to go slagging off people when you don't know the context of the posts so eh?
    Probably about the same as slagging off someone you know nothing about and have never met?
    And since it's probably safe to assume the people sending you the "highlights" are friends of yours, they're not going to be un-biased nuggest are they?
    Most of them are just people who dislike you actually...not that I have a problem with that....as you may have guessed...there are a few people out there that don't like me either...I know that's hard to believe but it's true.

Like I said...I'd be only too happy to see the comments you made in context to see for myself if you were one of the many 'well wishers' that Khannie was talking about.
    Shouldn't be too hard tbh.. records are there to be broken, and I think I'll still manage to sleep at night if someone takes me 245kg national squat record. If it's even there still. You might be too late.
    I was thinking about the junior RAW Drug Free Records actually...as a starting point. I saw the 'Fitness Forum' records as well...I might have a crack at some of those myself...see how close I can get to stardom.
    I haven't read your blog, so I owuldn't know.
    Don't worry...no one does except my Mum.
    I've seen "highlights" tho.
    I hope they were unbiased.

I never got to see the thread pre-clean up and was just emailed 'highlights' so not completely sure of the entire context.

It wasn't actually that bad IMO. I mostly cleaned it up because the spat had nothing to do with the original thread (and it was getting out of hand a bit). If I have time later I'll have a look back over it.

So you're free to stand by your post. I think it's way way way overly harsh and tars me and others with an unfair brush. My guess: I think you've come on here, probably mostly agree with that, but don't want to back down.

Has boards got asshats? Sure. Is there some secret stonecutters meeting where people are having a laugh behind your back and secretly banning and unbanning you....

2007_03_16_stonecutters.jpg

............Maybe. ;)

• Advertisement

Like I said...I'd be only too happy to see the comments you made in context to see for myself if you were one of the many 'well wishers' that Khannie was talking about.

Like I said, I think everyone was wishing you both well in the thread in the end. Hanley certainly did. Here's the post.

The whole thread (less deleted posts) is available here.
    I saw the 'Fitness Forum' records as well...I might have a crack at some of those myself...see how close I can get to stardom.

Not before me. I've about a 50% chance of a fight in 3 weeks. If I don't have it, I'm going in there to smack you all upside the head on those records.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement