Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego USB Sticks

Options
  • 19-06-2009 2:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any one else make them or any other lego versions of household objects?

43-lego_usb_004.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Jonathan wrote: »
    Any one else make them or any other lego versions of household objects?

43-lego_usb_004.JPG

That one you've got there is very long.

I've made about 4 or 5 of these in total (most lost or broken at this stage, some given away as gifts).

Here's one of my earliest incarnations.

It's from the guts of one of them science gallery usbs that were floating about a year or two ago (small enough in terms of capacity).

Shaved out the inside of a 4x2 block and squeezed him in, and then used a cutout 2x2 as a lid.

picture.php?albumid=667&pictureid=3352

picture.php?albumid=667&pictureid=3353

picture.php?albumid=667&pictureid=3354

picture.php?albumid=667&pictureid=3355

The lid wasn't all that secure so I ended up using a flat across the 2x2 and 4x2 to secure it during transit.

I have no idea where it is now, these are old photos, I seem to have misplaced it.

I give you The Lego PC

legoPC23.jpg

I can't decide between making one of them or making one of these

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

This was on digg today :)

F0MOo.jpg

Jonathan wrote: »
    This was on digg today :)

F0MOo.jpg

That's cool, you could carry it around in one of these

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Any one for waffle?

00-lego-eggo-waffle.jpg

• Advertisement

If anyone is considering making a Lego USB but doesn't want to risk damaging their USB stick, the News of the World is giving away free USB sticks on Sunday. More info here.

Advertisement