Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical civilisation?

Options
  • 01-07-2009 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

How do people find this course? Is it worth doing in Trinity over any other college?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gamma23

its worth going to trinity over anywhere else for the sake of it!

(dont really know about that course though actually)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Kimmy-XxX

I do it in trinity and it's brilliant. Just got a first in it in my exams. Really interesting, relatively manageable and all the staff in the classics department are great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭enry

Kimmy-XxX wrote: »
    I do it in trinity and it's brilliant. Just got a first in it in my exams. Really interesting, relatively manageable and all the staff in the classics department are great :D

Great you found it interesting now go and get a job with it.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 trinity0809

enry wrote: »
    Great you found it interesting now go and get a job with it.:eek:

If you find it interesting, you should do it. If you enjoy it you'll do well at it. Also, because Ireland is still living on cloud 9 with free fees, it's not going to bankrupt you.

Realistically speaking an undergrad is an undergrad in the arts/humanities sphere these days. You're better doing it at a recognised university like Trinity and doing well.

This muppet still seems to think that an undergrad is enough to get you a job these days. Ha. Time for a wakeup call. I wish him the best of luck when he tries to launch himself into the real world.

Do what you enjoy, do it well and get involved in lots of other things whilst at college. That's the kind of thing lots of employers are interested in these days.

"do what you enjoy, do it well and get involved" what kind of idiot are you.

One other thing trinity90210 (sorry muppet) I’d be impressed with your comments if I was under the belief that you had a third of my education of were every actually ever in the real world.

• Advertisement

Take a pill feisty. I'm simply saying, as qualified as you may think you are, you've no right to discourage young people from studying something that they may find interesting at University.

One other thing 'enry'. The hilarious (if not somewhat disturbing) thing about forums, is that no one really knows who anyone else is. Making an absolute statement like "I’d be impressed with your comments if I was under the belief that you had a third of my education of were every actually ever in the real world" - will actually make you look like a total fool. Particuarly when your wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭TedB

Take a pill feisty. I'm simply saying, as qualified as you may think you are, you've no right to discourage young people from studying something that they may find interesting at University.

One other thing 'enry'. The hilarious (if not somewhat disturbing) thing about forums, is that no one really knows who anyone else is. Making an absolute statement like "I’d be impressed with your comments if I was under the belief that you had a third of my education of were every actually ever in the real world" - will actually make you look like a total fool. Particuarly when your wrong.

No offence, but you don't grip me as the type of person who has ever 'worked' before. But I could be wrong. Which leads me to question how you can 'know' what employers look for 'these days'...

No offence taken. And yes I've worked and currently am working full time in a graduates job. How do you think I afford college?

And this entire conversation boils down pretty simply. This conversation is getting pretty daft if you ask me. I just want to conclude it by saying, don't knock what people study at college. If they want to do it, and they enjoy it, then no one has the right to make snide comments.

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

i just finished three years of class civ, it was fun. im glad its over.
    if youre into that kinda thing its deadly, and as for how it is over other colleges i cant tell you-i wasnt at them. but its a recognised university which is always going to stand in your favour.
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement