Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swivel Recliner and Footstool - Black - €89 delivered [BargainStore]

• 08-07-2009 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Ordered this the other day.. but forgot to post about it!

Been looking for a recliner chair and cheapest I could find was €150 in Homebase / Dunnes Stores. Haven't recieved it yet so can't comment on the quality / comfort but will let ye know when I do.

It was €150 when I looked at it last week so it's a good drop from a RRP of €240 to €79. Misprice possibly.. as the other recliner chair (brown) is €150. Price indicated in title includes delivery of a tenner.

303-0451_L.jpg
    Buy it @ BargainStore.ie
    Stylish chair upholstered in bicast dark brown faux leather.
    Flexible swivel and recline action to maximize relaxation.
    Modern beech effect cross-style base on chair and footstool. Ideal for everyday home use.
    Colour: Black

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have the very similar Dunnes version of this for feeding the baba (wipes off easy!) and it does what is says on the tin.

€89 delivered is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers Dades.

Looking forward to it.. don't know if it's the same one as the one from Dunnes. But girlfriend thought it looked very similar, especially the cross effect base.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Also looks the same as the one they sold in Aldi.

Very, very comfy - the perfect movie chair!

Will be advising the parents - as they have been jealous of mine since I got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

How good are that shop to deal with online?

psicic wrote: »
    Also looks the same as the one they sold in Aldi.

Very, very comfy - the perfect movie chair!

Will be advising the parents - as they have been jealous of mine since I got it!
    Bought it for my computer room.. but also planning on putting the 360 in there so could be ideal alright!
    cronos wrote: »
    How good are that shop to deal with online?
    No clue.. they charged me for the chair on Monday. They said they'd notify me of despatch but haven't recieved anything yet. They're affiliated with Buy4Now. I think their founders have / had something to do with Littlewoods (boo... hiss!) and ChristmasHampers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

basquille wrote: »
    It was €150 when I looked at it last week so it's a good drop from a RRP of €240 to €79. Misprice possibly.. as the other recliner chair (brown) is €150. Price indicated in title includes delivery of a tenner.

Let us know how it goes. Brown one is a different model by the looks of it with a RRP of €299 so doubt its a misprint

Now it's €150.00 anyways.

Looks like it was a misprice.

Now it's €150.00 anyways.

Looks like it was a misprice.

Well hope it goes through for you anyway. Was going to wait and see how you got on with it. Should have just chanced it!

I'd expect them to cancel it except my laser card was charged last Monday.. so the whole "completion of contract" debacle might rear it's head.

I'd expect them to cancel it except my laser card was charged last Monday.. so the whole "completion of contract" debacle might rear it's head.

If this doesn't work out you might end up having to use real life shops you'll have been let down by that many places online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Any word on your chair out of interest?

cronos wrote: »
    Any word on your chair out of interest?
    Nah.. expect them to cancel it but I'd be chuffed if they honoured. I honestly thought for the most part it was a genuine price as even their little 'Save' graphic said 'Save Over €100' (whereas it now says 'Save Up To €90').

I ordered it last Sunday, card was charged on Monday.

No word of despatch.. I imagine they're sourcing it from a supplier elsewhere. Hence the reason for the delay in despatch.

PS - if the people from BargainStore.ie are reading, I did give ye a plug.. that must be worth something! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

This looks like a good price as well, €150 for a massage recliner chair: http://www.bargainstore.ie/massage-chair--cream/106-0094pd.aspx

Well.. the chair arrived!

Delivery guy left it outside parent's garage on the verge of it raining... so had to dash up, get it into the car (wasn't easy into my 5 door Polo) and drive it home!

Just back.. phew! :D

PS - kudos BargainStore for honouring what I reckon was probably a misprice.. but who knows? Anyone else order it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Good for you, basquille.

I'm jealous btw - I used to play the 360 in my recliner before my blue 'games room' turned into a pink nursery!

Dades wrote: »
    I'm jealous btw - I used to play the 360 in my recliner before my blue 'games room' turned into a pink nursery!
    Can't the baby sleep in the recliner?! :D

.. christ, I'd make a terrible parent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Well.. the chair arrived!

Delivery guy left it outside parent's garage on the verge of it raining... so had to dash up, get it into the car (wasn't easy into my 5 door Polo) and drive it home!

Just back.. phew! :D

PS - kudos BargainStore for honouring what I reckon was probably a misprice.. but who knows? Anyone else order it?

Yip ordered it at the lower price and its gone through my laser - really looking fwd to its arrival! Was it hard to put together? I hope they dont just dump it outside out apt block!!

ams wrote: »
    Yip ordered it at the lower price and its gone through my laser - really looking fwd to its arrival!
    Good for you ams.
    ams wrote: »
    Was it hard to put together? I hope they dont just dump it outside out apt block!!
    Not hard to put together at all really.. took maybe 20 - 30 minutes and that was taking my time.

But a warning - it is quite weighty!

Let me know what you think of it.. was playing Xbox on it over weekend and it really is great - comfy but not overly soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Nice one - glad to hear you liked it. :)

Advertisement