Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The (double) rapists mother sings outside the court

Options
  • 15-07-2009 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This scumbags mother started singing outside the court and then delcared her son a good man who was innocent! The vid/audio may be on rte later.

A 35-year-old man who raped an 85-year-old woman in her home last summer has been sentenced to 21 years in prison.

Simon McGinley of Latlorcan Court, Monaghan, previously served six years in prison for raping a 13-year-old girl at the centre of the 'C' case.

The girl was babysitting his three children 12 years ago.

Mr Justice George Birmingham said that this case was just about as bad as it gets when you consider the age and frailty of the victim.

Justice Birmingham said it is hard to come to terms with the fact that the same person was capable of raping a 13-year-old girl and an 85-year-old woman.

He said McGinley was treated leniently by the courts for the rape of the child and the structure of the sentence then was designed to offer some light at the end.

By his activity, however, the judge said he had chosen to spurn the opportunity made available to him.

The judge said if McGinley cannot address his drink problem, everyone from very young girls to very old ladies is at risk.

McGinley was sentenced to 21 years in prison, but with remission he will serve less than 16 years and he will be released when he is 50.

from 1998
    Mr Justice Quirke told him he had to pay a heavy penalty for what was a particularly abhorrent rape. Not only had he violated an innocent girl and used violence against her but his action had also led to the death of another child through abortion.

His victim was only 13 years and the effect on her had been devastating. She had endured much, not only from the rape but from what followed as a result. "You have deprived her of some of her childhood and all of her adolescence. You do not seem to appreciate the enormity of what you done."
    Mr Justice Quirke continued: "You are not a demon though some less responsible sections of the media have attempted to demonise you. You are a human being who did a dreadful, evil thing which left this young woman heavily, psychologically scarred for the rest of her life."

The effect on her would probably have followed even if she had consented to have sex with him because she was only a child. The judge said he was sure McGinley should be conscious of that as he had a daughter himself who would soon be 13.

Mr Justice Quirke said he took into account McGinley's previous good character, the fact he was a responsible husband and good provider for his family and that he had pleaded guilty even though that was after a jury had been sworn in

However, his plea had spared his victim having to relive her terrible experience in evidence. He suspended the final four years of sentence on condition McGinley undergo sex offenders treatment in prison. well that worked a treat

And this fella will be lurking again aged 50. Makes you wonder why a minimum sentence wasn't imposed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

wonder what the sentence would have been if the victim was the mother of that bastid judge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I hope the scumbag rapist and the evil wench who spawned him, die screaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

They shouldn't have bothered to show her, she's obviously mentally ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Black Cat, Black Kitten.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

this is the guy !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What did she sing?

mum was a bit funny - really wierd when she started singing (where was simon cowell and louis walsh ???)

have a look at the camera guys face as she starts singing !!! Priceless

watch out for two other stories tomorrow (Tom the Con) and Roisin Harkin (suing claiming whiplash from a bumper car)

What did she sing?

havent a clue...sounded like some cats fighting !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

She's no Susan Boyle

PCPhoto wrote: »
    have a look at the camera guys face as she starts singing !!! Priceless

I dunno, seems more like some covert bewb inspection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭donkey balls

from what i heard of the last word it sounded like a garth brooks song the cnut is 35 he will be out age 56.

what do you do with a person like that he cant/wont be rehabilated he denied all charges against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭TedB

I'm from Monaghan. This scumbag better not show his head around Monaghan Town for the rest of his pathetic life. This really shook town to its knee's - that old woman is a familiar face around the Town.

I hope that mother walks in front of a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

from what i heard of the last word it sounded like a garth brooks song the cnut is 35 he will be out age 56.

what do you do with a person like that he cant/wont be rehabilated he denied all charges against him.

He'll probably get a late-night chat show on RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

The death penalty?
    I still think we should have retained it for serious crime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

If it was a relative of mine,I would do everything within my power and resources to have the f**ker killed. Even if it meant doing it myself.

All repeat rapists should be chemically castrated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

What did she sing?
    havent a clue...sounded like some cats fighting !!!

A "Mariah Carey" or "Beyonce" cover obviously :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I hope he gets a taste of his own medicine in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i dont think he will make out alive to be honest and wont be surprised if there is a few attempts on his life while in there.

it was also reported on the news that the young girl that he abducted and raped years ago was also in court to see him go down i salute her bravery in looking at the cnut that took her innocence/child hood away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I heard the woman on the radio.

She obviously as ill as her bastard son.

• Advertisement

Not many busses where that fooker is going unfortunately..

True, but there is apparently a guy built like a bus there.

very fond of his grandma...

its been proven that even with chemical castration that doesnt stop the urge that paedo's and rapists have...its not about the act ...its about the dominance over their victim.

look at this guy in particular .... he raped a kid (C case) and raped an 86yr old .... his wife aint a looker (no offence intended luv if ya read this) ...... in fairness the wife only wanted to get out of the court afterwards - his mum wanted to talk/sing whatever to get attention and claim her sons innocence....even one of his kids said he didnt do it.

Personally - the system we have is pathetic - families go through the system and still come out and re-offend, longer sentences are the answer ... multiple convictions should result in consecutive sentences and remission should be reduced to 10%, appeals should only be permitted on the basis that new evidence is available.

Criminals dont act like civil humans - so why treat them like a civil human being.... prisons should be a punishment....some criminals have a better life inside - endless supply of drugs, food, bed, tv and people to talk to - connections to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

fyp buddy

its been proven that even with chemical castration that doesnt stop the urge that paedo's and rapists have...its not about the act ...its about the dominance over their victim.

Im pretty sure if you chop off his balls the only thing he wil want to dominate is the remote control for the tv.

The domination you speak of is part of his sexual desire..or so im told.... i wouldnt know..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

there is some truth in that

is this what you meant My name is URL ?
    All repeat rapists should be chemically castrated tied up with piano wire and handed to the victims family

If so ? I totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Repeat rapists? Too late, too late.

Say what you will about the death penalty, but it bloody well prevents re-offence.

i dont think he will make out alive to be honest and wont be surprised if there is a few attempts on his life while in there.

it was also reported on the news that the young girl that he abducted and raped years ago was also in court to see him go down i salute her bravery in looking at the cnut that took her innocence/child hood away.

the star have a pic of her - it will have her face blocked out .... in fairness.... he only did about 5yrs for the rape of her (a young child) .... and for an 86yr old he gets 21yrs (basically out in about 15yrs)

theres no justice in this country !!! repeat offences need longer sentences to deter criminals.

Personal Opinion:
    I've been saying it for years (sterlise them!!!) ... at least that way we stop the social welfare families plaguing society..... less criminals brought into society, less crime comitted and less money spent on social welface families - -- if you investigate the statistics on repeat criminals and social welfare you'll find an interesting trend on how they are linked, generations of families using/abusing the system

snyper wrote: »
    Im pretty sure if you chop off his balls the only thing he wil want to dominate is the remote control for the tv.

The domination you speak of is part of his sexual desire..or so im told.... i wouldnt know..

the domination is the feeling of power over their victims ... basically making them fear for their lives to the point that they will do whatever you wish ...to please you ... their master.

this inate sense of immorality allows these people to continue - and unfortunately our current system doesnt allow victims to get justice.

oh... on a side note: his mum yelled in the court that the victims family should have put their (86yr old) mother in a home and taken care of her...and it would never have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

With a mother like that, no wonder that excuse for a human being is so f*****d up :mad: My blood boiled when I heard the news report. According to the mother, the family of the old woman should've put her into a home. Jaysus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

did you see the black eye the mother had on her left eye, fair play to whoever hit her

Advertisement