Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Burdocks Dundrum - Free Fish & Chips

• 09-08-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Leo Burdocks are opening in Dundrum tomorrow.

Free fish & chips all day, nice :P

Ill be down there for lunch, I'd say its gonna be jammers, fish and chips, yum:) a nice way to start the week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

What's the catch? Or just one of these opening offers?

Does it include sausages, battered sausages, drinks etc which they also sell? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Random wrote: »
    What's the catch?

Probably cod. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Random wrote: »
    What's the catch? Or just one of these opening offers?

Does it include sausages, battered sausages, drinks etc which they also sell? :)

No catch, just the grand opening. Yeah includes sausages, battered sausages, drinks, fish, pies and chips.

I think its from 12pm onwards. Finally a decent chip shop in Dundrum, the portions are feckin huge, you could feed 2-3 people with one portion of chips.

Hope they do delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

savage, where did you hear about it?

It's on a poster on their window, also asked one of the guys who was in there at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm starving right now and just round the corner. Is it just the proper opening tomorrow or are they open now? (You had said you were in the shop).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Whereabouts is it in relation to the shopping centre?

on dundrum main street, beside the post office. if you walk past the taxi rank outside the dundrum cinema walk straight down the road and through the cross road and its on your left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

Based on other posts, it seems to be down in the village opposite Dundrum House

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm starving right now and just round the corner. Is it just the proper opening tomorrow or are they open now? (You had said you were in the shop).

Wasn't open, there were staff in there, was just chatting to them.

Not open until 2 Moro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

akadesign wrote: »
    Finally a decent chip shop in Dundrum

They're better than most, but charge it accordingly.
    I've been given undercooked fish (plaice) twice in Abbey St, so I'm not overly complementary of them.
    akadesign wrote: »
    Hope they do delivery.

None of the other Leo Burdocks in Fishamble street, Rathmines or Liffey St do deliveries so I wouldn't build up your hopes.

it says they deliver northside and southside on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

hmm would it be worth chancing after work at about half 5?

They're better than most, but charge it accordingly.

Yeah but you can't fault the portions, you pay the same everywhere else and get half the amount.

Beshoff's charge the same price and you normally just get a scoop full of chips, the fish fills the rest of the box :rolleyes:

I don't see anyone else giving away free food, fair play to the lads especially in these recessionary times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

probably a relatively small amount of freebies, and very small portions, not worth making a journey especially imo

Nope, full portions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

@CreepingDeath
    Some of them do deliverys according to this (PDF 1.9MB).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

None of the other Leo Burdocks in Fishamble street, Rathmines or Liffey St do deliveries so I wouldn't build up your hopes.

Rathmines DO actually deliver. Just not during the summer months. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Gonna pop down after work. broke and sick so free food is a welcome plus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

any one been to take them up on there offer? is it worth heading down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah would be definitely interested in heading down if anyone could give us info on portion size,queue size etc. anyone whos been down get posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Was down just after 12pm. Q'd for just over 5 mins, you just order what you want, drink n all, you get full portions (I got cod, chips + coke). Theres a few boxes on the desk as they're taking donations for the Vincent de Paul (there's no minimum donation, totally up to yourself). I saw getting deliveries of minerals so as not to run out so if you're anywhere near the area then its definitly worth heading down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

nice that they are collecting donations for a worthwhile charity, and one days takings would probably be a drop in the ocean anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 garyo

Thanks for the heads up, defiantly head down, queue wasn't to bad, about 5 mins but everything ready to go so no waiting.

Their giving away full portions, and there's plently.

As above their fundraising for St. Vincent de Paul, fair play to them, free grub and promoting a worth while cause in the process. There's some boxes on the counter, so give as little or as much as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

yup went down at id say a busy time.. 15 minutes waiting.. deffo worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

anyone know if this will be running until the end of the day? i was gonna pick up my dinner there after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 d_dools

Hal1 wrote: »
    Probably cod. :pac:

brillinat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 garyo

quarryman wrote: »
    anyone know if this will be running until the end of the day? i was gonna pick up my dinner there after work.

Yeah apparently its the entire day, until they run out of stock of coarse. I'd say from the looks of things you'll be okay if you go before 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Any one been down yet? Is the place packed??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Any one been down yet? Is the place packed??
    did you ready any of the last few posts??:confused:

Advertisement