Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself - 09/10

Options
  • 13-08-2009 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭

This idea and layout for this thread is shamelessly stolen from the TCD forum. :pac:
    Just thought it would be good to have an introduction thread here too, for all the existing regulars and the incoming first years.

So the basic layout is:

Name:
    Year/Course:

But I guess people can add other bits of information if they want.

So here's me:

Name: Brendan
    Year/Course: Going into 3rd Year Maths & Physics
    Societies/Clubs/interests: PhySoc Social Secretary and may also be writing for the UCC Express (nothing definite yet though). I'm also a regular on FUCC (though under a different pseudonym!) May get involved with a few other things aswell; I've been too shy/lazy to do it before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Ahem...

Name: Tom
    Year/course: Going into 1st year Arts (undecided on the subjects but I'd like to do maths and psychology) (I'd like to be a teacher)
    societies, intersts etc.: I didn't have a proper read of all the clubs and societies yet in UCC but I'll definately join something. I even thought about making a darts club/team. I'll have to wait and see :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Name: Luke
    Year/Course: 2nd Year Arts.
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Not a member of any society or club. Nothing there takes my fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Name Caoimhe
    Year/Course Going into final arts, joint honours in English and History of Art (yeah baby, dole central!)
    Age Twenteen
    Clubs, Societies, Interests I'm a member of Capriccio and the Film Society (which I highly reccomend joining for the free movies every week), but I've been sinfully inactive in extra-curricular stuff-learn from my mistakes younguns)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Name Megan
    Year/Course Going into 3rd year Computer Science
    Age 21
    Clubs, Societies, Interests Not a member of any but Film soc and Comedy soc are great, as is Photography.
    Oh I'm on FUCC too, with a pretty similar username :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

@ReacherCreature Didn't realize there were other Clonmellians on boards! :)

Name: Sarah
    Year/Course: Going into 1st year Arts. I'm hoping to do English and German in coming years so I can become a librarian.
    Clubs, Societies, Interests: I think I might join NetSoc. Playing guitar would be my main interest. I play rhythm guitar in a metal band at the moment actually.

So yeah, a guitar-playing wannabe librarian...any questions? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭deisedude

Name: Declan
    Year/Course: Going in to 3rd year commerce but i'll be doing 3rd year in the states
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Not a member of any club or society at the moment. Was in Macra in first year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Name: Rebecca (but you can call me ted)
    Year/Course: Going into 2nd Arts doing English and History (see myself as a pretty kickass teacher or tramp on the street, whatever...! :pac:)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: joined macra last year, but never really went. Interested in old man pipes. think they are sweet and someday i would love to get my hands on one!:D if anyone has any contacts, please, drop me a line.

@ReacherCreature Didn't realize there were other Clonmellians on boards! :)

How'd you know I'm from Clonmel? :)

How'd you know I'm from Clonmel? :)

might have something to do with your sig...

what subjects do you do??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Skapoot

Year/Course: 1st year Arts (Chinese and Psychology)

Age:20 right now. Unfortunately 21 as soon as course begins :'( I'm a gettin' crusty.

Societies/Clubs/interests:Surfing Club and Choir.

I am also a Clonmellion btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Knife, typically of u to unshamelessly rob an idea from someone else :D:D:D

Name: Elaine
    Year/Course: Going into second year of B.Ed Sports Studies and PE
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Sports - coaching Cork primary development camogie team!PLaying anything really. Couildn't get involved in college teams last year due to a bad injury, so this year will be different! GAA and soccer hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Name: Sam
    Year/Course: Going into 3rd year Early Childhood Studies
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Meh, never got around to joining any of them. Missed the boat on the College life aspect of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I am: Whoever you want me to be baaby
    Year/Course: Hmmm. I've been around in some shape or form for quite a while
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Anything that isn't YFG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Name: Luke
    Year/Course: 2nd Year Pharmacy
    Societies/Clubs/interests: UCC Atheists

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Name:Aidan
    Year/Course:BIS going into second year. (Assuming I pass my repeats)(which I should :pac:)
    Age:I'll be 20 before I get go back, but for the moment I'm only 19.
    Societies/Clubs/interests:Went to kickboxing for a bit last year, but just kind of ..stopped after christmas. Prob go back to that, good craic. Wanna try and find an interesting soc too though. Just in case im not up for gettin kicked and stuff.

might have something to do with your sig...

what subjects do you do??

Ooops, forgot about that. Gonna do History and probably Greek & Roman. Not 100% sure on the latter subject though.
    I am also a Clonmellion btw

There's a good load of Clonmel people down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Name: James
    Year/Course: Going into 1st year Pharmacy
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Black belt in Shotokan Karate, Play on the Wing for Douglas RFC, running and jogging rain or shine! and oh yah Im a Fine Gaeler who knows Simon Coveney fairly well so Im joining YFG.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Herp16

name:Seamus
    year:1st year earth and enviromental science?
    interests:play rugby for douglas RFC as well haha...gym...eating...sleeping...drinking etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

name: Heather
    year:Going into my third year of math science, so long as the repeats go well
    age:21, Knife would know, he went to my birthday party and all. I got a card and everything
    interests: Next term I'm joining netsoc and I may be involved in some of the physics committee stuff (not sure yet) and I too am one of those FUCCers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Not a member of any society or club. Nothing there takes my fancy.

Really? Nothing? Theres over 80 societies and a club for almost every sport imaginable.

What club or society would you suggest that would take your fancy?
    I think I might join NetSoc.

Good choice :cool: Check out netsoc.ucc.ie come the start of term

Name: Damien
    Year/Course: Final year Computer Science
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Auditor of NetSoc last year and still hanging round this year. Mainly though this year i'm an officer on the Societies Guild, which is the committee that regulates all UCC Societies

• Advertisement

Really? Nothing? Theres over 80 societies and a club for almost every sport imaginable.

What club or society would you suggest that would take your fancy?

Well my number one interest would be American Football, there's a team in UCC but I'm commited to playing with a team that's in my hometown, Clonmel. I've other interests too obviously but there isn't much I'd be interested there.

But hey, new term who knows? Film Soc sounds appealing enough I think, you can't beat a free movie I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rowtowin

Name: Emma
    Year/Course: 1st Year accounting
    Societies/Clubs/interests: rowed for the last 3yrs but i want to try something new, maybe rock-climbing or kayaking ?!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rowtowin

Im going into ucc next month and i won't be 18 until march!
    I hope it wont be much more of a pain than it already is!
    Anyone who was in the same position as me, how did it work out for you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭deisedude

rowtowin wrote: »
    Im going into ucc next month and i won't be 18 until march!
    I hope it wont be much more of a pain than it already is!
    Anyone who was in the same position as me, how did it work out for you? :confused:

One of my friends was in the same position as you. He turned 18 in March of first year. I wont lie it'll be a pain on a night out as you have to be 18 to get into all clubs. That said plenty of girls get away with going into clubs with somebody elses ID that looks like them. Of course i'm not condoning that (cough, cough);) There will be plenty house parties in college so you will be grand. From an academic perspective there shouldnt be any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Name:Craig
    Year/Course:2nd year BIS
    Societies/Clubs/interests:I joined a bunch of them but never bothered going last year.May turn up to them this year.NetSoc and FilmSoc are the 2 I'd be most inclined to go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tonywanda

Name: Tony
    Year/Course:
    1st year Psychiatric Nursing
    Societies/Clubs/interests:
    Settling down and giving the program a go, I've worked, traveled, and done a lot of things a young person should do, now gonna settle down and focus on this degree thingy!Did actually attend the UCC DJ society,(if thats still goin!) in 2003, even though I wasn't a student!!Anything that applies to meeting people who want to share similar experiences in nursing would be great!i.e. Down the pub!!!

Ooops, forgot about that. Gonna do History and probably Greek & Roman. Not 100% sure on the latter subject though.

see you in history! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Name:Richard
    Year/Course:1st Year Comp Science Hopefully
    Societies/Clubs/interests:Photogrpahy,Cylcling,Outdoor stuff which i want to get more into,Rugby

Hello all :)

Also any links to a list of societies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Also any links to a list of societies?

Here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flash88

Name:Al
    Year/Course:1st Year BIS
    Societies/Clubs/interests:Football,Cricket,Art,Games Workshop.

Advertisement