Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BWE: You Book IT!...Discussion thread - Writers needed!

Options
  • 16-08-2009 4:44pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had an idea for a thread quite a while back but held off on suggesting it until now.Okay the premise is quite simple but for it to be successful it will need quite a few posters to become contributors and if that happens should result in a good read for all once or twice a week.

People are always complaining about the often non-sensical booking in the WWE (and TNA for that matter) well this is your chance to show them how it should be done.

I will get a list of names of people willing to contribute to the BWE (Boards Wrestling Entertainment) which will be our take on the WWE. Those people will make up our creative team. Each week then one member of the creative team (going on a rotational basis) will be made head writer for one of our shows and get to book what should happen that week.

This will be done in a similar style to that of the Evaluation thread from the Draft threads (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055549539&page=2) but each writer can do their own shows like in the linked thread in whatever style they wish.

The first show would carry on from exactly where the WWE is at right now so if this was to get a decent amount of interest the first boards booked show you could get to read and compare to the real thing would probably be the post Summerslam Raw. However from that moment on it would be a continuation game in as much as whoever is the head writer/booker of the following Raw would carry on from the BWE Raw and not the real thing. Therefore our product could go in a very different and argueably better direction.

There will be very little limitations placed on you as head writer/booker of your show but we would most likely keep it in line with reality as regards injuries etc, so if a Wrestler gets injured in real life it will be your challenge as booker to write him/her out of the show and get them to drop their belt if neccesary.

Other details can be worked out later like if we have to set a limit on how many new/returning wrestlers a writer can introduce in a show or if they have to consult other writers in perhaps a discussion thread about drafting wrestlers between brands etc.

----

it could be good fun to do / read every week and could make for an interesting comparison to the real thing too aswell as seing what cliffhangers people write into their shows for a fellow boardsie to have to follow up on the next week.

However to be viable would need a good few contributors as although you may not need to go into great detail even a format similar to what we get in spoilers would be okay for your show it would mean a good bit of work from those willing to be involved if we dont get a few willing to do so.

so anyone interested in giving this a try or wanna make any suggestions for it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Count me in! Though between the 26th of August and 7 Sept, I'm out of action due to honeymooning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

geeky wrote: »
    Count me in! Though between the 26th of August and 7 Sept, I'm out of action due to honeymooning.

good man! and congrats on the wedding, ill try to arrange it so that your show isnt during that forthnight. It shouldent be too hard either as depending on how many people we have in this it will only be one or two people going each week anyway, if we get over a certain amount of people taking part itl be bothe SD & Raw if not just one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Sure, I'll give it a whack. Could be fun.

Suggestion wise I'd say that if it builds to a big card and you have 4 weeks, give each writer the power to make no more than 2 matches each in advance, and then the rest have to work with those matches in mind and then add their own two. You should end up with an 8 match card at the end. Then maybe a collaborative effort with all the writers booking their 2 matches or the best writer of the month booking the whole thing, or just the next guy on the rotation.

Sure, I'll give it a whack. Could be fun.

Suggestion wise I'd say that if it builds to a big card and you have 4 weeks, give each writer the power to make no more than 2 matches each in advance, and then the rest have to work with those matches in mind and then add their own two. You should end up with an 8 match card at the end. Then maybe a collaborative effort with all the writers booking their 2 matches or the best writer of the month booking the whole thing, or just the next guy on the rotation.

good man thats 3 so far (including myself).

and you bring up a good point with booking in respect to building to a PPV and your suggestion of say each show in build up to it getting to announce 2 matches makes sense and could work with obviously the bigger feuds being announced in the earlier weeks shows. Ill wait on decisions on things like this till we have more contributors signed up who can give input on these things but id say such a system would be likely.

Considering such things may need to be discussed next weeks Raw might be a bit early to start but we will play it by ear and whenever we are ready start at the next one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sounds interesting

I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how many are interested. I'm not sure how good I would be at it so I will have a think and see if i'd like to take part.

But its a very good idea and will make for some good reading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

As reigning and defending Draft champion I feel it only right that I should give this a rattle BH bah. Count me in.:pac:

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Sounds interesting

I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how many are interested. I'm not sure how good I would be at it so I will have a think and see if i'd like to take part.

But its a very good idea and will make for some good reading.

cheers man

like i said though it wouldent be that difficult tbh as we arent expecting everyone to be expert bookers or anything and like i said it could be as short as a typical spoiler write up if you wanted (maybe if your not too confident about taking part) or as long as a Lance Storm type write up.

actually are any other people who thanked the OP interested in taking part? or like DM did you just think its a good idea which could make good reading for you.

edit: that a bai Flahavaj making it 4 in so far, a solid addition to the BWE creative team going on your past experience here

A go on, count me in.

Anything that is good for the Boards PW Community is something I want to be a part of.

A go on, count me in.

Anything that is good for the Boards PW Community is something I want to be a part of.

good man thats 5 already! at this rate id say we will be doing both SD & Raw each week as tbh if we only get another 5 people to do this we will only each have to do 1 show every month maximum (not including PPVs). I may sticky the thread for the actual write ups when it gets started and at that point turn this into a discussion thread were we can talk about each new show produced and compare it to the product being put out by the WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I think this is a great idea. Unfortunately I would not have the time to contribute, but good luck to those of you who do. Will make interesting reading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Count me in!
    May not be great at it but I'll give it a go!

I think this is a great idea. Unfortunately I would not have the time to contribute, but good luck to those of you who do. Will make interesting reading.

cheers man, pity i can imagine youd be a good contributer.

btw suggestions are always welcome from non contributors on how it could be run etc and sure if you do follow the thread and can think of an awesome twist for example you could always pm your idea to one of the people next in line to book a show (not that they would be obliged to do it of course as they would have their own ideas too).
    curry this wrote:
    Count me in!
    May not be great at it but I'll give it a go!

good man, thats officially 6 members signed up to the BWE creative team now!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Never thought i would be working in partnership with my rival from the Draft :) Count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Now this should be excellent, fair play BH, great idea! I would put myself forward for it but I'm up to my ass in college stuff for the next month or so (deferred exams, huzzah indeed) so will have to pass, but I would definitely be interested in joining the creative team at some stage if someone extra is needed at some stage :)

Never thought i would be working in partnership with my rival from the Draft :) Count me in

haha almost forgot about it, well Bischoff did work for Vince afterall ;) glad to have you on board
    orestes wrote: »
    Now this should be excellent, fair play BH, great idea! I would put myself forward for it but I'm up to my ass in college stuff for the next month or so (deferred exams, huzzah indeed) so will have to pass, but I would definitely be interested in joining the creative team at some stage if someone extra is needed at some stage :)

tbh thats the reason i held off on suggesting the idea myself until now as the course im doing only has another week left in it now and im sure we could find room for you down the line, sure if we get enough people interested now we could add you to the list and i could just make sure you were near the bottom of the list of people to have a go at booking a show so that it would be over a month before youd be called upon.

7 people signed up now with Furious Red signed up and of course the more the merrier as the more contributers we get the bigger in-built audience we will have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Well, as ATH Co Champion, I feel it would be a dis service not to put my name forward for this.

Might I suggest .... if you were to get enough people involved, you could split the contributors down the middle, and have one team work on Raw, and one on Smackdown. Giving a competitive element to procedings?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cactus Col wrote: »
    Well, as ATH Co Champion, I feel it would be a dis service not to put my name forward for this.

Might I suggest .... if you were to get enough people involved, you could split the contributors down the middle, and have one team work on Raw, and one on Smackdown. Giving a competitive element to procedings?

Good point, I will put my name forward as well.

not a bad idea and i might broach the subject if we get enough although that could mean people being put on brands that they would prefer not to be booking which ideally i would like to avoid. But should we have an even mix of people wanting to book Raw/SD then it'd be perfect i guess.
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Good point, I will put my name forward as well.

good stuff that means that...
    Current BWE(Boards Wrestling Entertainment) Creative team
    Bounty Hunter
    Rjd2
    Cactus Col
    Furious-Red
    Currythis
    DM-ICE
    Flahavaj
    The Cannibal
    Geeky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

This should be interesting. I wont take part due to lack of time/being god awful at booking (see draft). What I might do if you need it is be the smarky twit who tries to pick holes in everything and says how pretend booking was better in my day :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Afraid I'm gonna have to pull out. Got all excited and threw my name in the hat before I knew if I could do it. Sorry.

• Advertisement

Afraid I'm gonna have to pull out. Got all excited and threw my name in the hat before I knew if I could do it. Sorry.

no worries man, ideally id still like to get a few more people interested as it would lighten the load for all involved although it wont actually be that much as with the amount involved atm it will only be 1 post a month needed which can be as short as the spoilers you often see posted or as long as some of the draft thread ppvs posts (linked in OP).

so anyone else interested give us a shout here, as ill be looking to get this going soon enough because if needed we can always add people to the BWE (Boards Wrestling Entertainment) Creative team as we go as they see how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

gwan i'll join in, the return to college is looming and something like this would keep me from studying!! :)

Gerard.C wrote: »
    gwan i'll join in, the return to college is looming and something like this would keep me from studying!! :)
    good man
    Current BWE(Boards Wrestling Entertainment) Creative team
    Bounty Hunter
    Rjd2
    Gerard.C
    Furious-Red
    Currythis
    DM-ICE
    Flahavaj
    The Cannibal
    Geeky

so with 9 atm we do have about 1 different poster covering each Raw/SD and 1 to do the PPV they would build to (if its a PPV after 4 weeks which it isnt always anymore)

I would think that we will start sometime next week so that there has been 1 post SS Raw (our first show will be a Raw) but ours will be up before the next Raw. That way we will have something to base it off (the post SS Raw) so that ours is more comparible to the real WWE.

ill post up an order of posters and when they have been drawn to do a show in the next day or two also. This list can be added to obviously if more people join the creative team and can be alterd if people are unable to do a certain week and give a heads up. Even though I will be doing it randomly (who does what show etc) I will offer that if the person that gets drawn to do the first show doesent notice they have been so and therefore cant get a proper post up before next monday night, I will have a short something done up to fill the void, but I wont do this usually as people will have weeks of notice of where they are in the order and therefore time to notify others if they cant do it. I will also every so often do a new draw if we end up with an even number of posters so as to avoid certain posters alwyas having to do the 2nd SD of the month for example and allow for variety.

^these are all ideas though and despite maybe making myself defacto BWE promoter if anyone has any ideas on how this could be run im all ears.

okay heres the order which has been randomly (except geeky who couldnt do one of the first few weeks) drawn for who will book what show when:
    1. Furious-Red
    2. The Cannibal
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. DM-ICE
    5. Flahavaj
    6. Gerard.C
    7. Currythis
    8. Geeky
    9. Rjd2
    10. Shaneomac

So Furious-Red is up first, I posted this now so that if you are watching Raw tonight you can do so with what you will book to follow it in mind. Once you have submitted your BWE Raw (ideally before the next Raw so that we have then got something to compare it to) the cannibal will be up and it will be his turn to book BWA's Smackdown which he will be able to do after the spoilers are released on tuesday night (it should probably be out before the spoilers for the following week so that again people can compare them)

remember if anyone else wants to do bjoin this your more than welcome just so so in this thread.

This thread will soon become the discussion thread also after the 1st BWE show is put up, which i will put into a seperate thread, so that all the shows can be read one after another.

Holy Moly! Do I have to come up with a smackdown show, I'm scared now, Smackdown is awesome!

This should be fun to be a part of, I look forward to working with you all:cool:.

BWE - Coming soon.............

Holy Moly! Do I have to come up with a smackdown show, I'm scared now, Smackdown is awesome!

This should be fun to be a part of, I look forward to working with you all:cool:.

BWE - Coming soon.............

yup from the looks of things your on the SD creative team for atleast the 1st month but you dont neccesarily have to look at it as a negative, o no i have to compete with that kinda thing but perhaps more of a, sweet look at the great basis/wrestlers ive got to work with.

yup from the looks of things your on the SD creative team for atleast the 1st month but you dont neccesarily have to look at it as a negative, o no i have to compete with that kinda thing but perhaps more of a, sweet look at the great basis/wrestlers ive got to work with.

You right, I have to think positive.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So just so i get this right. After i watch Raw i have to book what i think will happen next week?

So just so i get this right. After i watch Raw i have to book what i think will happen next week?

What you think should happen next week using this weeks RAW as a foundation. Not what you think Vince and the wwe creative would book but what you would like to see, next week someone else will follow on from your BWE Raw rather than wwe raw.

I think I have that right........

• Advertisement

What you think should happen next week using this weeks RAW as a foundation. Not what you think Vince and the wwe creative would book but what you would like to see, next week someone else will follow on from your BWE Raw rather than wwe raw.

I think I have that right........

yep this weeks Raw will just be a starting point, you can book anything you want to happen in the following show once it follows on from what is already happening. How much better will your ideas be than what WWE will actually do, now that will be interesting to see. Then the next week I carry on from your version of Raw not from what the WWE do next week, so i wonder what youll give me to work with... then what ill leave Flahavaj to work with after my show, and so on

Advertisement