Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittant dns problem (eircom)

Options
  • 03-09-2009 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

my broadband has been very poor over the last two days and i am having intermittant dns issues, i have also noticed that during the day my phone line becomes inactive(cant make calls out) for several hours or until i turn off the modem. i have done all the trouble shooting suggested in the stickies(unplugged everything and tried without filters etc) to no avail.

anyone else had similar issues recently? i am not inclined to ring eircom as their broadband support will probably claim it is an issue for their telephone support and vice versa, and i have decided to switch to another provider for phone and broadband.

i am now going to change to open dns which will probably sort the broadband issue but i wonder is there any similar fix for the phone issue?

(can a mod merge this with the other recent eircom thread please)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

"(eircom)" <-- there's your problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

change your DNS to 208.67.222.222

once you do this you will never have a DNS problem again, which is 99% of eircoms problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yep the open dns has worked well, now to sort out my calls but i think i will switch to vodafone anyway so not interested in waiting hours on the phone for eircom to tell me they cant do anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭gerrymadden1

mukki wrote: »
    change your DNS to 208.67.222.222

once you do this you will never have a DNS problem again, which is 99% of eircoms problems

How??? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement