Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

This sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Just an incredible drive. Only had 4 yards the entire half before Gore's TD catch

Officially bricking it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Happy with the Giants today, solid first game. Defense was intense the running game was effective and the young receivers made plays. Manning look alot better aswell apart from the one bad throw for the interception.

Bring on the Cowboys next sunday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Christ almighty. I had predicted the first TWELVE games right and then the cards come up short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

in what must be an upset victory, the 49s win at Arizona

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Max Power1 wrote: »
    in what must be an upset victory, the 49s win at Arizona

The boards prediction comp and there was twelve green spaces. Can we change our picks or what ? Wanted to change my pick of Oakland to the Bolts for tomorrow night, and the picks were locked.

Mcnabb meant to have a broken rib. After watching Kolb today I hope vick is up to speed come week three.

Defense won that game plain and simple which is more remarkable considering we only had 21 rushing yards. They kept Fitz and Boldin in check during the first half, and never really let them explode on them. They pressured Warner really well, and Justin Smith got in on some really key sacks

I just hope that even though it's obvious Raye is commmitted to the run that he can find better ways to set it up than what he did in this game. I can't see many coaches in the NFL being threatened with such a limited game plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Shaky start for Cutler, I like Five's coverage, far less breaks than Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Rex Cuter....:(

Shaky start

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Have to love that somehow a 2007 World Cup Irish rugby jersey found it's way into the Lambau field!!!!

• Advertisement

Knox on my fantasy bench and I need 5 points to win from Des Clark, If i started knox I would have won :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Cutler gone to bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

thats a good first half for the packers! 20/1 bet for the superbowl and 10/1 for the championship.. hopefully can get kep building on and no injuries!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

lads this packer defense is unreal ,capers is really doing a great job of getting to the qb and stuffing the run. There top pick raji isnt even playing aswell :)

I just hope Rex, I mean Jay doesn't throw another INT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

I need Rodgers to explode to win in fantasy

Cutler to Hester, just like my dreams :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

I need Rodgers to explode to win in fantasy

Me too thanks to drew brees!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

What an ending.
    Oh what a sweet sweet victory.

Overall positives. Dom Capers. He has totally transformed the defence of last season. I think they blitzed more today then the whole of last season. Much more aggressive and in your face. It really rattled Cutler and the 3-4 will still be bedding in so can only get better.
    Grant looked good in patches.
    Rodgers to Jennings :pac:

Negatives: ugh, o-line and offence in general. Ogunleye destroyed Barbre in the first half and really put Rodgers off. It really killed any rhythm we got going. That needs to be addressed but if it is then I really think the Packers can have a strong year.

All in all, a most satisfactory start.

Depressing...

• Advertisement

Shaky start for Cutler, I like Five's coverage, far less breaks than Sky

Have to disagree, the studio is too dark for a programme at 2am. They talk over the US commentators. I'd prefer an ad break than to listen to those idiots! Give me Kevin Cadle anyday! (from a first time viewer of NFL of 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

lads this packer defense is unreal ,capers is really doing a great job of getting to the qb and stuffing the run. There top pick raji isnt even playing aswell :)

Is he hurt or just can't crack the starting lineup?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I really enjoyed Gay Cuddler crashing and burning last nite. He is a tosser extraordinaire.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Is he hurt or just can't crack the starting lineup?.
    By the looks of this piece, he was injured in preseason and now isnt in the starting line-up. Thats got to be a dissapointment for Raji, he was one of the drafted players projected as a lock to start this season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8128a49b&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Gay Cuddler crashing and burning last nite. He is a tosser extraordinaire.

Got to agree - when the Bears signed him they said they had a signed a winner. Of what ? Strong arm and no brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I watched three games yesterday. Firstly the Vikings and Browns. I was hugely impressed by the Vikings in the second half, I'm wondering though if their OL is up to it, Favre got sacked too many times last night and it wasn't like he had loads of time on all them plays, he did play well though. AP is just unreal and the main reason I decided to watch this game. When I did my season projections Brett was retired, now I really think the Vikings are going to be hard to stop.
    On the Browns, their defence did a mighty job in the first half. I think they could be decent enough on defence, but unfortunately Brady Quinn is not the answer at QB. He can throw some nice balls but he does stink too often. Their ground game is decent but they really need a QB who they can trust and allow them to spread Ds so they can get the best from their running game.

The I watched the Giants/Redskins. Eli looked a lot sharper than I've seen him for some time, Skins were exceptional against the run so they were depending on him quite a lot. Hakeen Nicks looks the business but he got injured and it will be a huge loss for them if he is out for a couple of games. Steve Smith seems to be the no.2 WR right now and he did a very good job last night, Kevin Boss made a couple of critical receptions also.
    On the Skins, they couldn't get their running game going last night. Campbell looked like he was having a stinker too, but based on the very end of the game when they went to the hurry up and he looked good, I'm wondering if the Giants defence is just that good. Campbell had loads of time on many occasions but seemed unable to find an open receiver. It seemed he was holding on to the ball just too long, but that hurry up at the end of the game when he found guys quickly makes me think that the coverage by the Giants D was the cause of his problems.
    One more thing, as good as Eli looked last night they still struggled to convert their possession into scores. At the end of the day their win was a defensive win.

Finally I watched the Bears/Packers. What a game, very, very tight affair. Defense on top on both sides of the ball. I'm still not convinced by Aaron Rodgers, he seems to hold on to the ball too long too often, the guy has a serious arm but he needs to get rid of it when their is nothing on. Ryan Grant was the differnce maker last night. He got the Packers out of trouble many times. The twin threat of the Jennings and Driver was also important. People keep saying that Donald is finished but he just keeps producing.

People are dishing Cutler here, my personal opinion is that the Bears are not ready yet. They looked confused at times, a running team trying to become a passing offense. They never got their running game going, Matt Forte was under 60 yards, not sure excactly of his figures but his yards per carry was very low last night. Thats down to the Packers D and they were immense last night.

Overall out of all the teams I watched I really only seen one impressive Offensive team and that was the Vikings. I seen a lot of good defensive performances with the Giants leading the way, followed by the Packers and then the Vikings. In two of those games the Defense won the game.

Delhomme must have had the worst consecutive two-game performance of all time even worse after him signing an extension in the Summer. He should be happy to be playing on the road the next two games and having the bye in week 4. If they're able to win both of them, he might have a chance to stick around.

Urlacher is out for the season apparently. What a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

good win for rex ryans Ravens...oops i mean Jets.They played very like last years Ravens,delighted.

• Advertisement

pats to thump the bills, 7th rounder playing left tackle? No way!

Raiders to edge it against SD... ok i might be a bit biased :p, but i can actually see the raiders winning a tight one, if they pound the rock with bush/mcfadden, and Russel doesnt screw up!

Advertisement