Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOW IS THE TIME, FOR ALL GOOD MEN AND WOMEN, TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY!

Options
  • 27-09-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

NOW IS THE TIME, FOR ALL GOOD MEN AND WOMEN, TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY

Dear all,

Within the next week, we have coming, the most important vote of
    our lives. I will outline my main concerns in relation to this 2nd referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.

GUARANTEES: Our so-called 'guarantees' are not written into the bill to amend the Constitution. Denmark's stronger protocols
    after their Maastricht no vote have since been overruled and nullified
    by the European Court of Justice, so our 'Guarantees' are literally not worth the paper they're written on, as many people have been at pains to point out.

Article 48: The self-amending clause or escalator clause. Allows the
    EU to escalate it's power into new areas WITHOUT coming back to the
    People for a vote on any changes. So what we have in fact is a treaty
    that is not set in stone, unlike our own constitution. It is a
    flexible treaty, free to be amended by the EU elite as they wish. This
    leaves our country and the other individual member states extremely
    vulnerable! Would you sign a contract on a deal with someone who could
    legally adjust that contract to favour themselves AFTER you'd signed
    It?

Article 2 ECFR: Under Lisbon, The European Charter of Fundamental
    Rights AND the European Charter of Human Rights become legally
    binding. Both of those charters are intertwined and will merge.
    Article 2 ECFR "Nobody shall be condemned to death, everybody has a
    right to life".
    Article 2 protocol 6 of the ECHR that will merge with the ECFR, "A state may make provision for the death penalty in times of war or imminent threat of war". There you have a 'backdoor' whereby the main article can be diluted or negated entirely, and this is typical of the deception we will find upon study of the treaty and it's additional charters. Who's to say we are under threat of war, could we trust Tony Blair, who led his nation into war under false pretences and who is in the running to be SELECTED, not elected, as the president of the EU? What then for our rights under Article 2 protocol 6 of the CFR?
    Another clause allows for lethal force to be used in times of rioting or upheaval.

Mindful of the points above, would you feel that you will be better protected as a citizen under the Lisbon treaty, or under our own constitution which has stood us well for many years?

As was stated by our own Charlie McCreevy: 95% of Europeans would vote
    No to this treaty if given the chance. We the people of this country
    are their voices, and we owe it to them to make the right decision on
    Oct. 2nd.

Hasn't the EU been good for Ireland? We gave the EU 200 Billion Euro worth of our fishing stock. The fishing industry has been decimated as
    A result. Now the farming industry is under attack, our farmers are
    being forced, because of EU law, to sell milk cheaper than cost price,
    while at the same time becoming increasingly crippled by the weight of
    EU bureaucracy. With this pattern in mind, would you trust the EU with
    the Irish economy?

I'm all for co-operation with our European neighbours, I just don't want them telling us what to do. I am for co-operation, not domination!

EU Tip-Toe Totalitarianism: Have you noticed how with each
    successive EU treaty it has gradually moved from economic integration
    into political integration? Watch how civil liberties globally are
    being incrementally eroded due to this 'War on Terror" fraud and
    now via phony environmentalism. Visit my web-site for more on this.

Is it democracy to keep coming back to the people with the same treaty that we've already voted on? Is it democracy to refuse the majority of citizens in the member states a referendum on something so crucially important to their futures and the futures of their children's children? Was it democracy for other states to ratify the treaty, against the wishes of the vast majority of their own people, even though We the People of Ireland had already voted this treaty down?

With Lisbon's population based voting system, it'll mean that when Turkey joins, by 2020, it’ll be the most powerful country in the EU. Think about the economic, social and military consequences of that happening...

Where is this progressing towards? The agenda is World Government, a scientific dictatorship run by an unelected elite, which is clearly outlined in the books written by them and their insiders, books they don't count on the general population reading.

Simply put, this is about more and more POWER going into fewer and fewer hands. And nobody needs to be reminded that if Power Corrupts then Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely!

This progression needs to be stopped dead in its tracks, and we can help
    Railroad it by voting NO on the 2nd of October.

What we have in fact been witnessing with each successive treaty, is Incremental Covert Colonisation, the gradual erosion of our National Sovereignty and dismantling of our Constitution. With this Lisbon treaty, EU law will completely super-cede our own laws.

800 years of Tyranny, 100 years of constant uprisings and finally, in 1922,
    We gained our independence. Would you be comfortable throwing this all away?

Where we currently stand, we can still co-operate with our European neighbours, without being dominated by them. This will not be possible after a majority yes vote on 2nd Oct.

There is no question of Ireland being sidelined or pushed out of the
    EU or the euro-currency if we stand by our No to Lisbon. As Ireland's EU Commissioner Charlie McCreevy said last December: "There is no provision in the existing treaties to isolate anybody. There is no provision to throw out anybody, unless unanimously all the existing members of the club agreed to throw you out. And I doubt, now or in the future, any Irish Government is going to unanimously agree to throw themselves out."

Let's all be on the right side of history...

God bless,

Jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Moondust

Totally 100% behind you
    Our biggest problem now is many people who voted No before are not voting this time. Purly for the reason that they think the whole voting system is a farce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Thanks Jim! Great post. Just wondering about this:
    Where is this progressing towards? The agenda is World Government, a scientific dictatorship run by an unelected elite, which is clearly outlined in the books written by them and their insiders, books they don't count on the general population reading.

It was a fairly big mistake on their behalf to publish their evil ideas in books hoping that we wouldn't read it. I'm not sure these guys will make a great fist of the World Government if they are capable of making such basic errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭whizgremlin

Thumbs up here also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭RCIRL

100% behind you Jim and fair play for putting your face out and expressing your opinion.

The Government is leading us to believe by voting yes we will be at the heart of Europe and our crisis will be solved, that is not fair because we are already in the heart of Europe and in the middle of a crisis. Our Government is taking advantage of our present situation to influence a yes vote.

The Lisbon treaty has been around before under a different name and rejected by other Europeans. Since then the treaty has been altered and renamed which by doing so has made it past those Europeans who first rejected it.

Our decision on the 2nd of October 2009 will effect the millions of lives throughout Europe for many years to come depending on the decision this I believe is unfair.

The treaty has been turned down by us due to concerns over key areas, these key areas are still of concern, the contents of the treaty have not been changed to suit our concerns. To make changes to the treaty, the treaty has to be passed by all the member states. Those member states will get a chance to vote again, and those who rejected it the first time will be given a chance to do so again. The only guarantee we have been given is Brian Cowens guarantee to Europe to stick with the treaty and all its contents.

We will not be removed from Europe and Europe will continue to grow. By voting no we will slow the process down and allow Europe's growth to be monitored and not rushed to suit those who will benefit most from Europe's growth.

I believe a No vote will actually help the economy, many Europeans will visit Ireland to show their heart felt appreciation for allowing the process to be slowed down.

Please take the time to inform yourself before you make a decision.

This is a very important referendum, one of the most important.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jim Corr wrote: »
    GUARANTEES: Our so-called 'guarantees' are not written into the bill to amend the Constitution. Denmark's stronger protocols
    by the European Court of Justice, so our 'Guarantees' are literally not worth the paper they're written on, as many people have been at pains to point out.

Hi Jim,

Any word on when Denmark will be joining us in monetary union?

Regards.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Hasn't the EU been good for Ireland? We gave the EU 200 Billion Euro worth of our fishing stock.

Jim do you have a source for that figure and how it was put together please?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

It's depressing to me to read Jim Corr's original post, but even more so to see the positive responses of others. I no longer live in Ireland but was at home when the original Lisbon vote was cast two years ago. I was shocked at the outcome, I really don't think Irish people understood how radical a position a no vote on this treaty is. By rejecting it we are basically saying that we do not want Europe to operate efficiently or rationally, and that we now consider the EU to be a mechanism that is acting in bad faith and not in the interests of the Irish State. Given the actual contents of the treaty, that's absolutely crazy.

The most resonant catchphrase of the no vote crowd was "if you don't know, vote no". So basically you're appealing to people's ignorance? People like this Corr character then go on to spout all sorts of rhetorical claptrap about impending "New World Orders" and Orwellian nightmares. Has anyone here even checked out his website? Significant sections of it are devoted to his theories that September 11th was some sort of inside job and that the truth of what occurred is being obscured, etc. etc.

September 11th is something I know quite a bit about. I'm a New Yorker and I worked briefly on the 95th floor of Tower 2, my ex-girlfriend was also in the building when the plane hit (she got out, thank God) and I was also less than two hundred yards away from Tower 7 (a focus of much 9/11 conspiracy nonsense) when it collapsed. People like Corr with their cheap assed paranoid fantasies about what happened that day made me sick. While I couldn't stand George Bush and think that he and Condi Rice should have been vilified for not taking intelligence warnings of a possible attack more seriuosly, to state that it was some sort of inside job or that there was something suspicious about the manner in which the buildings collapsed has been repeatedly shown to be pure nonsense.

In light of that I think it's fair to characterize Corr's theories (which aren't his own but come from the likes of Alex Jones, an outright loon) as paranoid drivel.

It really is very disappointing and depressing to see that analysis of this treaty has descended to this level. Fear mongering and outright untruths such as this are little better than the "death panel" tactics being used by right wing republican here in the US to stop health care reform being passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Thanks Jim! Great post. Just wondering about this:

It was a fairly big mistake on their behalf to publish their evil ideas in books hoping that we wouldn't read it. I'm not sure these guys will make a great fist of the World Government if they are capable of making such basic errors.

On this Jim is spot on...

"We shall have world government whether or not you like it, by conquest or consent." Statement by Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) member James Warburg to The Senate Foreign Relations Committee on February 17th, l950
    "Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had mens views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the Field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." Woodrow Wilson,The New Freedom (1913)
    "The New World Order will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down...but in the end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece will accomplish much more than the old fashioned frontal assault." CFR member Richard Gardner, writing in the April l974 issue of the CFRs journal, Foreign Affairs.
    "We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries." David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991.
    "In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single, global authority. National sovereignty wasnt such a great idea after all." Strobe Talbot, President Clintons Deputy Secretary of State, as quoted in Time, July 20th, l992.
    "Let me control a peoples currency and I care not who makes their laws..." Meyer Nathaniel Rothchild in a speech to a gathering of world bankers February 12, 1912.

"By the end of this decade (2000 AD) we will live under the first One World Government that has ever existed in the society of nations ... a government with absolute authority to decide the basic issues of human survival. One world government is inevitable." Pope John Paul II quoted by Malachi Martin in the book "The Keys of This Blood"
    "We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order." David Rockefeller

"The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining supercapitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control.... Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent." Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976, killed in the Korean Airlines 747 that was shot down by the Soviets
    Their are countless more. Just google it.

On everything else I believe Jim is also spot on. I for one will be voting NO yet again and hope the majority will do the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Closing this.

Maybe another of the mods wants to re-open it, but to my mind it adds nothing and consists of a lot of crazy talk (800 years oppression - by the EU?, world super-government, etc).

This forum is about Lisbon Treaty Answers, whereas the OP in this thread just consists of a slightly unhinged rant.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I concur.

However in the interests of fairness, I've moved it to the EU forum and reopened it for discussion.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I've deleted three posts of drivel from this thread. If I have to delete any more, the posters will face bans.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Denmark's stronger protocols
    by the European Court of Justice...
    Have you got a source for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

NOW IS THE TIME, FOR ALL GOOD MEN AND WOMEN, TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY
    ***************CUT*******************

Jim
    Is this the real Jim Corr of The Corrs?

Red coloured name and only 1 post suggests that something is different but the post itself I wholly disagree with it.

Conspiracy theories are nonsensical drivel, World government will never happen, 6 billion can not be ruled by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Also fully behind ya Jim, good post! Glad to see some people are waking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Without being harsh, this all sounds like mindless drivel from a loon with no real understanding of any of the issues at hand and distorting ones to suit one particular side. The same few arguments keep getting put forward and when proven incorrect it seems that just ignoring their inaccuracy and just shouting it louder will get it across better.

With the amount of conspiracy loons being pulled out of the woodwork you wonder how long Europe will even want Ireland apart of it, we must appear like an island of nutjobs at this rate.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry for the confusion with the red name, it just means that we have verified his identity and put him in the "campaigner" usergroup, which unfortunately was based on the Com Rep usergroup and inherited their name. Previously we had deleted his post on the basis that we thought someone was impersonating him, this time we have verified this is Jim Corr.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

DeVore wrote: »
    Sorry for the confusion with the red name, it just means that we have verified his identity and put him in the "campaigner" usergroup, which unfortunately was based on the Com Rep usergroup and inherited their name. Previously we had deleted his post on the basis that we thought someone was impersonating him, this time we have verified this is Jim Corr.

DeV.

So will he answer the question posed to him by members?

or will he just disappear like rest of them and avoid real questions?

some serious and numerous unreferenced lies in one single OP post

/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

DeV.

Personally, I'd delete it either way, even though, to be honest, I think Jim has put together a great ad for the Yes side. As a general rule, a single blog-style post like this, with no apparent intention of actually engaging in debate, is not acceptable. This one is still open because it arrived here with a number of posts already, but the 'debate' it's generating is exactly in line with why there's a policy of deleting this sort of thing.

This thread to take a couple of aspirins, and if there's no improvement by tomorrow, it will be put to sleep.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Winters wrote: »
    Without being harsh, this all sounds like mindless drivel from a loon with no real understanding of any of the issues at hand and distorting ones to suit one particular side. The same few arguments keep getting put forward and when proven incorrect it seems that just ignoring their inaccuracy and just shouting it louder will get it across better.

With the amount of conspiracy loons being pulled out of the woodwork you wonder how long Europe will even want Ireland apart of it, we must appear like an island of nutjobs at this rate.

True. I'm waiting for the microchips in our brains and New World Order paronia to make an appearance.

So, what are these No campaigners going to do if this passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

DeV.

So now we allow/encourage campaigners to come on here and soapbox? Eh, that's specifically prohibited by the charter. It's your call etc, but a little notice maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

True. I'm waiting for the microchips in our brains and New World Order paronia to make an appearance.

So, what are these No campaigners going to do if this passes?

why wait

3:18 in

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I thought the lisbon treaty questions forum was for communication (soapboxing) between the campaign and the posters and the EU forum discussion of the issues among posters?

Thats how I read the announcement a few days back. But if its being moved into the EU forum thats fine, but I doubt we will hear back about those fishing figures though :( I really would like to find out where they come from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

It's been done, Jim. It's been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

I used to work in a music store in Galway that bought far too many copies of the 2nd Corrs album as part of some deal with the distributor.

Because of this the senior management of the stores ordered us to play the album non-stop for 3 days in an effort to sell the album. It was like some kinda living hell and for that reason I'm going to vote yes!

Even if it entitles Europe to enslave us like some sort of purple monkey dishwasher sex slave it'll be worth it just to piss him off!

Give the man a chance, he posted it at 23:10 last night, its now 07:45.

There are questions to be answered yes, but people sleep too.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Do not delete this thread. Its content is doing more good for the 'YES' vote than any 'NO' poster attempting to pluck the heartstrings with misinformation on the quays.

What next? Thread started by Oliver Stone? Anthony Summers? David Icke maybe?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Scofflaw wrote: »
    I think Jim has put together a great ad for the Yes side.

Couldn't agree more.
    Reading that scare mongering rant really convinces you that you would be mad if you voted no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.
    Reading that scare mongering rant really convinces you that you would be mad if you voted no.

YAWN.
    ok then "beruthiel" back yourself up and quote what mistakes he made, i'm just curious as to what your correctivness will be of his post. one thing though i don't know how much substance that 200 billion of our fishing stock idea has ? i'd sure like to get an answer on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Jaysus Jim, do you not realise that people like you posting No recommendations actually harms your side?

Fine by me though, keep doing what you are doing. Gives us all a good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

zenno wrote: »
    YAWN.
    ok then "beruthiel" back yourself up and quote what mistakes he made, i'm just curious as to what your correctivness will be of his post. one thing though i don't know how much substance that 200 billion of our fishing stock idea has ? i'd sure like to get an answer on that one.

The actual figures have been posted here a bazillion times (actually maybe five or six times, but did you see what I did there?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement