Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Final nail in the coffin?

Options
  • 06-11-2009 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

I know we are all sick and tired of the Modern Warfare 2 news, but I found this interesting interview today...

http://www.tek-9.org/news/mw2_developer_chat_reveals_more_bad_news-2115.html

Apart from the following:
    - No Mods.
    - No Dedicated Servers.
    - No Console controls.
    - Matchmaking with not knowing who is host.
    - No being able to kick players, be it for behaviour or cheating.

The most astonishing aspect of this entire interview is the fact that the PC game will have a limit of 18 players on a server. Yes, that is right 18, 9v9, players. That is an absolute joke.

I would also like to highlight another interview which shows the sheer hypocrisy of whoever is in charge of design at IW: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/infinitywardinitialmodernwarfare2budgetwasridiculous.shtml

The key statement from that interview is: "If it isn't broken, don't fix it", so would someone at IW care to explain why the multiplayer aspect of CODMW2 is in need of such dramatic changes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

On the bright side, at least the PC version has custom features like mouse support...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Moved to COD forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

its terrible really. But meh I'll just have to cope with it on the 360.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Final nail in the coffin? that was ages ago.

This is more like the final shovel of dirt on the grave.

Advertisement