Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedor Emelianenko will fight brock for free !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I smell a publicity stunt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭cletus

That article cuts both ways. If Fedor want to do it for the sake of competition, sign to the UFC. I'm sure Dana'd take him on free of charge :DDD. (By the way, I'm a huge Fedor fan, and I think Dana can be a dick)

Jerry Millen is starting to take on the "Dana" persona

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Quite the auld flaw in Millen's logic here

Ah Millen, he truly is a leech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cletus wrote: »
    That article cuts both ways. If Fedor want to do it for the sake of competition, sign to the UFC. I'm sure Dana'd take him on free of charge :DDD.

He obviously didn't think of this when making his statement. All Dana White has to do is offer the fight for free, Fedor and co will of course refuse so the UFC comes out looking better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    He obviously didn't think of this when making his statement. All Dana White has to do is offer the fight for free, Fedor and co will of course refuse so the UFC comes out looking better.
    While this is true, he did say something smart, He said they could come to his training camp, meaning no money, no tv deals nothing, just a fight. Do you really think Dana White would have this fight and not want the publicity and money it'd generate? This way Fedor comes off as not doing it for the money imo

While this is true, he did say something smart, He said they could come to his training camp, meaning no money, no tv deals nothing, just a fight. Do you really think Dana White would have this fight and not want the publicity and money it'd generate? This way Fedor comes off as not doing it for the money imo

True, Millen knows that Dana would never allow Brock to take the fight as offered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

T-K-O wrote: »

Great gif. That would definitely shut Dana up for a long time if that happened to Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭leonkickboxing

T-K-O wrote: »

good one thanks....lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

a mate said to me today,

"Why doesn't Dana offer Fedor the Brock fight as a co-promo on the basis that the winner gets his own way, as in if Fedor loses - he becomes a UFC fighter locked in for the standard 3 fights, if he wins - he gets the heavyweight crown AND Dana has to offer him the option of 3 more co-promotions ?"

would need some tuning in the fine deatail but I think it's a brilliant idea and would add massive interest to the fight

any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

soretoe wrote: »
    a mate said to me today,

"Why doesn't Dana offer Fedor the Brock fight as a co-promo on the basis that the winner gets his own way, as in if Fedor loses - he becomes a UFC fighter locked in for the standard 3 fights, if he wins - he gets the heavyweight crown AND Dana has to offer him the option of 3 more co-promotions ?"

would need some tuning in the fine deatail but I think it's a brilliant idea and would add massive interest to the fight

any thoughts?
    Never going to happen. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

ah sure we know that

soretoe wrote: »
    a mate said to me today,

any thoughts?

Co-promotion means for that fight 50/50 profit spilt between promotions. That arrangement means that it doesnt make financial sense to copromote as Fedor isnt that big of a draw and wont attract any great number buyers that wouldnt be buying any old UFC promoted Brock fight anyway. Under the arrangement your friend is proposing UFC would probably make more money with a Al-Turk vs. Brock fight. Thats all before you talk about the issues with dealing with Fedor's management.

For those reasons Im out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cletus wrote: »
    True, Millen knows that Dana would never allow Brock to take the fight as offered

LOL, you say it as if it was a legit imate offer.
    do you honest think that if Brock turnned up, that Fedors management would allow it to go ahead.

"If you ever see Fedor (in the UFC), if that ever happens, it's going to be a very fair deal."
    This is nonsense too, Fedor was offer a ridiculously good deal by Dana and he (or his management) declined.

Mellor wrote: »
    LOL, you say it as if it was a legit imate offer.
    do you honest think that if Brock turnned up, that Fedors management would allow it to go ahead.

I dont think for one second that its a legit offer, in fact my first post in the the thread was that as a statement it cut both ways, however, even though everybody realises its not actually an invitation to Stary Olask (sp?), its beaing discusseed hypothetically, hence my post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

this offer is a crock of ****

U'd imagine there should be some compromise both the parties can find

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

Mellor wrote: »
    This is nonsense too, Fedor was offer a ridiculously good deal by Dana and he (or his management) declined.

Those are dana's words. For me, 80% of what he says is pure bull****, specially when he talks about fighters and contracts.

And as hason mc says, if Strikeforce/CBS can work out a deal happily, Why UFC can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

juanjo wrote: »
    Those are dana's words. For me, 80% of what he says is pure bull****, specially when he talks about fighters and contracts.

And as hason mc says, if Strikeforce/CBS can work out a deal happily, Why UFC can't?

Simple, by helping promote rival promotions there making there own promotion smaller and leaving themselves open to the same happening over and over in the future-i do believe in time they will jus be 1 MMA show amongst many though but they might aswell stay on top for as long as possible..

Lots of UFC fans dont even know anything of MMA outside of it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Brock would never wear a Daffy Duck shirt:

222aj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

... with matching daffy duck jeans!

But hell, he can wear whatever he wants, he is the one who used to steal chuck norris lunch money.

Advertisement