Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philosophy, political science, economics and sociology?

Options
  • 21-11-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

So I'm in 6th year and currently looking into PPES and was wondering if anyone could give me info on the course/subjects/teachers etc.
    Also I'm not doing economics-will this be a problem for 1st year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

All the modules in 1st year start as 'An intoduction to...', so I doubt not doing economics would matter.

Points are around 510 as far as I know, with most likely no chance of second round.

Why do you want to know about teachers?

I don't do the course, I was just looking into doing it, so that's why I know what little I do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

The teachers/lecturers for subjects tend to vary a bit between years. I did the same economics module as PPES people without having done LC economics and it was fine, but then again I did like economics a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I think we need an 'Enquire about your TCD course here' thread to stop pre-freshers clogging up mai internetz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

I don't know much about the course itself but I do know that not doing economics won't be a problem because you do 'Introduction to economics' in first year which basically teaches you from scratch and is very doable and actually quite interesting.

Advertisement