Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you drink on a night out?

Options
  • 11-12-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

How much do you usually drink on a night out? How drunk would you get?

I would usually have about 6 cans of Tuburg pre-drinking then maybe about 3-4 pints of Heineken and about 2-3 Jager/Ice bombs in the club. Usually get pretty tanked up on a night out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

How much money do I have going out???

If I have 50 In my Pocket I will drink it.

If I have 150, it will be spent on Drink.

So give me a monetary limit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Too much that I won't remember this thread tommorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

20 quid on 10 pints in Dicies.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

[latex]2\pi[/latex] cans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Last night I had out (last week):

6 cans
    1 shot Jagermeister
    9 Pints Heineken
    5 shots Aftershock Red
    and to top it all off:

An entire pitcher of vodka and red bull to myself. :( I don't think I need to explain how that shopping list feels the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

depends.
    sunday night is my main night drinking and i can easily sink 20 pints and a few shirley basseys but if im in work on monday morning ill only have about 10 and wont touch the whiskey. working in a pub doesnt help because i dont have to go home when the shutters come down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Maybe 4 pints. More is a waste of hard earned cash imo.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Last night I had out (last week):

6 cans
    1 shot Jagermeister
    9 Pints Heineken
    5 shots Aftershock Red
    and to top it all off:

An entire pitcher of vodka and red bull to myself. :( I don't think I need to explain how that shopping list feels the next morning.

Grand on the arse not so much on the stomach and throat I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,157 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I drink as much as Im comfortable with drinking. And then whatever a cute girl with big boobs wants to knock down my throat, ill drink that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Depends on how the oul wages look

the other night a friend returned from a long trip.
    we went out witht the intention of a few pints.

2 cans heineken
    8 pints of guinness
    half beamish (was a pint but was nasty so stopped drinking it)
    some morgans and coke. All in all a good night. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Dont know why but seem to be able to drink more at home.
    Went to the pub last night had about 8-10 pints and was pissed,came home spouting ****e,dont know how much i spent but had a very light pocket this morning.
    If i was to go into the city for a night out with herself(very rare these days)fags(only i smoke)drink,food and taxi there and back i would spend 150-200,not really worth it but you have to splash out from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Whatever money I bring out I will definitely spend it all on booze.

Had our class party the last night.

Had 3/4 bottle of Jameson (the 700ml bottle)
    6 more Jamesons in pub
    1 Bulmers
    3 Sex-On-The-Beach
    3 shots of something green
    Possibly one or two other drinks but don't remember.

I was sensible enough to know I had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than usual and sent myself home in a taxi!
    My own fault for mixing all the drinks. Was not healthy!
    In future I will stick to the plain Jameson and Coke. No fancy other crap:cool:

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Confab wrote: »
    Maybe 4 pints. More is a waste of hard earned cash imo.

Couldnt agree more.
    When you wake up feeling like crap and lose a day to drink its just not worth it! I can think of better ways to waste my cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kick-on

have often went ou and had 4/5

last weekend had 9 pints and 1/3 of a bottle of vodka when we got home, i was in bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Lana80

A couple of glasses of wine while getting ready and then about 5/6 vodkas in the pub/club.(would dring more only out dancing-so no hangover)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Bloody hell. I always thought the papers were exaggerating the binge drinking angle, but apparently not.

OP - your "usual" adds up to about 25 units in a single night.
    DarkJager, your total comes to over 40 units in a night.

The suggested "safe" amount is 3-4 units on any given day.

www.drinkaware.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Naggin of Southern Comfort with some red lemonade before going out and about 10 pints while out. Thats on a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

kick-on wrote: »
    have often went ou and had 4/5

last weekend had 9 pints and 1/3 of a bottle of vodka when we got home, i was in bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Im pretty fond of the clear stuff myself,but a 1/3 of a bottle after 9 pints:eek: i tip my hat to you sir/madam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

People tend to binge drink until their mid 20's and after that they cut back. You do get the occasional over-27 moron who spends half their weekly pay on drink but it's uncommon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Too much and alas too little at the same time....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Last time I drank (too long ago - cursed exams :mad:) I had a bottle of wine and 8 pints of guinness. I thoroughly enjoyed the night. However the poo the next day was, well, shameful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Thoie wrote: »
    Bloody hell. I always thought the papers were exaggerating the binge drinking angle, but apparently not.

OP - your "usual" adds up to about 25 units in a single night.
    DarkJager, your total comes to over 40 units in a night.

The suggested "safe" amount is 3-4 units on any given day.

www.drinkaware.ie

So technically, if your body gets rid of roughly 1 unit of alcohol per hour, I really should not be driving until Tuesday morning??? :confused::confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Damn....that unit calculator on the drinkaware website is cool.

Results are not....last "big" night (say 1 or 2 times a year) works out at 52 units and thats just the bits I remember there was probably more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

DarkJager wrote: »
    So technically, if your body gets rid of roughly 1 unit of alcohol per hour, I really should not be driving until Tuesday morning??? :confused::confused::D

Yuh-huh. Throw us over your car keys there, I'll look after the car for you.

Edit: BTW, the safe amount I mentioned there was what's safe for your body - not your driving skills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

going on last nights performance it was

half bottle of wine
    13 pints of heineken.usually wouldnt have this amount, only reason i know the number is because all 3 of us bought 4 rounds and i had another in the club.
    3 vodkas.round each.
    2 tequilas.

that wouldnt be the norm but last night was a big one starting at 5 yesterday evening.
    a normal night in a pub would be 8/9 pints.if i go to a club its that plus shots and a few doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Whatever money I bring out I will definitely spend it all on booze.

Had our class party the last night.

Had 3/4 bottle of Jameson (the 700ml bottle)
    6 more Jamesons in pub
    1 Bulmers
    3 Sex-On-The-Beach
    3 shots of something green
    Possibly one or two other drinks but don't remember.

I was sensible enough to know I had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than usual and sent myself home in a taxi!
    My own fault for mixing all the drinks. Was not healthy!
    In future I will stick to the plain Jameson and Coke. No fancy other crap:cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Excellent. Mate showed me this after the class party. All makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Last night out had

Shoulder of vodka (at home)
    Half a bottle of wine (at friends house)
    1 Jamesons (in pub - FREE!)
    4 pints heinaken (in pub)
    3 vodka and coke (in club)
    1 tequila

I resent the fact that as a female I have a lower recommended alcohol intake. :D

But that said, that was an unusual night...and I wouldn't mix drinks like that. Usually stick to the pints and have 6/7 in pub and a few shots/vodkas in the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

ara come of it folks, there's a lot of **** written here at the mo

If someone can say 12 pints, firstly they're doing fantastically well for even remembering the amount of pints they consumed and secondly, if you remember every other individual drink after that you're a bull****ter...

We all have day long binges where god knows what you're had but making a list of all the drinks the next day is a conversation I haven't seen anyone have seriously since they were a teen.

Any pukes with the previous tall orders??

Advertisement