Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Superstar of the Week - Week 2 - Bryan Danielson *CONTAINS NXT SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Here is his match with Chavo, somebody was kind enough to stick it on youtube. Its a good match as you would expect. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Excellent find. Nice little match as well. Like a Dragon match on fast forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

I cant wait for him to be back in WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He had a very good match with Low Ki/Kaval in FCW the other week according to reports, that should make youtube soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

any news of his tv debut for WWE yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Good man. Excellent little match, if not a small bit rushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

When they start bringing in the talent for NXT can they bring that British commentator with them? Much better to Bland I and Bland II they have on ECW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Savage little match. They must have wreslted 20 times and its invariably brilliant yet always different as well.

Is that a little tan developing on young Dragon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    Is that a little tan developing on young Dragon?

It actually is! Doesn't look completely wierd either. Also his entrance music there is absolutely epic, like something they'd use in 90's All Japan. He needs to keep it forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

His name was changed to Daniel Bryan this week apparently.

^ That is the case according to wiki anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

chordtype wrote: »
    His name was changed to Daniel Bryan this week apparently.

Sounds about right..:eek:

Am watching PWG 1oo at the moment. Good show. There is a match between Dragon and Kenny Omega, which I was expecting a classic.

I was kind of right, in that it was the most classically ridiculous comedy match you are likely to see. Thats not to say it isn't fun, I laughed out loud a few times, but cringed in equal measure.

Not sure did I laugh or cringle at the following bit

On way or other, it showed yet another bow to Danielsons considerable suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What the hell are they doing with this guy? What angle could they possibly have to book him to lose every match? He is clearly the best wrestler on NXT - but they have him losing to scrubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I reckon he'll win NXT, having never won a match, and will choose to face Miz for the US title. Miz will underestimate him, due to his record, but Danielson will still beat him, and in his first victory, win the US Title. Thats just me though

I also think he will face Miz for the US title and win

His record doesn't bother me anyway. This is the best case scenario as they can put Danielson over without having him squash the whole NXT roster.
    He'l win the title from Miz at the PPV and the build will start from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

My guess is to make a victory over Miz all the sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,969 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

His record doesn't bother me anyway. This is the best case scenario as they can put Danielson over without having him squash the whole NXT roster.
    He'l win the title from Miz at the PPV and the build will start from there.

all well and good for people familiar with Danielson and know he is better than what is being shown.

However, people he is new to are simply see a small guy get beat every weak, and cleanly last two weeks. If you didn't know about him, if he was just another Heath Slater to us all, would we have an anywhere near decent opinion of him? Would we be reckoning that he is good enough? I don't think so. It is his rep keeping him going at the moment imo - and it is a rep he may not have with the majority of the NXT viewers. If he does end up winning NXT like this, and facing Miz in the PPV, I'd be worried that he will have a poor following by the time it happens - we are months away from a conclusion to NXT (so on the flipside there is time for things to change)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i think his jobbing nature is just to see if the crowd latches on to him anyway, without being technically shoved down our throats. Plus it's a more interesting statistic (and an endearing one) than something like 3-2.

He's also been up against Pros and been in tags but really wins/losses count for nothing!

I'm surprised he's already being pushed as #1! But i'm happy as he deserves it.

I dont mind if he dont win Nxt (he should as he is the best there) but as long as he is moved to Raw or SD preferbly SD for me to feud with Punk, Rey, Edge, Morrison or Jericho :D

Miz hasnt defended the US title in a while since he is tag champ also so hopefully soon he drops it to Bryan - i'd like to see Bryan V Miz for the US title in a submission match at Extreme Rules tongue.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't mind him losing.

But I don't understand why he keeps losing as he makes mistakes. If he has 10 years experience he should be making less mistakes than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i think they are setting up miz v bryan nicely i dont mind the losing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Some of Bryans Posts on WWE Universe page, good reads (sorry if any are reposts!): http://fans.wwe.com/danielbryan/?pref_tab=my_site
    As for my gear, Josh Mathews alluded to there being a story behind it… and there is. As you may have seen in some of the videos on NXT, I was originally trained by Shawn Michaels in 1999. In 2000, however, WWE signed me to a developmental deal and sent me to Memphis, Tennessee where I met William Regal, then wearing the maroon gear that had been his trademark. Regardless of how you feel about him, William Regal is an excellent in ring technician and is passionate about wrestling… he’s also a great mentor and teacher, which is why I alluded to wanting him as my WWE Pro rather than The Miz. He spent quite a bit of time with me, teaching me the ins and outs of the submissions, essentially giving me for free what it took him years to learn. After he got called back up to tv and I was let go from my developmental deal, we stayed in touch. He helped me get booked in Europe for the first time, leading to me going over there consistently for the last 7 years, making great friends in the process. He would also ask for tapes/dvds of my matches and give me helpful, honest critiques to help improve my game. In 2003 he got a nasty stomach virus (I think) while touring India which kept him out of action for quite a while. When he was finally cleared by the doctors, he asked me to come out to Atlanta to help him get ready for his return to the ring. We spent a week just wrestling, with him continuously teaching me new techniques in what was probably one of the most fun weeks of my life. At the end he told me that he had some new gear made, but he was switching up his wardrobe so he’d never have a chance to use them. He gave me his brand new trunks, knee pads and boots, all very nice, and all maroon. I’ve worn maroon ever since. Its my way of showing respect to a man without whom I wouldn’t be where I am today.
    My interview this week on NXT sucked. I know it did. It didn’t help that Matt Stryker interrupted me, but its not like I was going to light the world on fire anyways. When he said “passion,” the idea that ran through my head was this: Explain the Daniel Bryan Manliness Meter. Describe one thing I’ve done that was really manly (in 2007 I detached my retina in a match and then continued fight for another ten minutes). Say that not only was that manly but it shows the passion I have. My closing line was going to be “Passion is what got me here, and passion will take me home.” It’s a line I’ve heard somewhere else, but I can’t remember where. Alas, I never got there and I didn’t feel like I had enough time after the interruption, so I just went for a cheap crowd reaction. And I DO love England! As a side note, I saw Vickie Guerrero later in the evening and she said “You sucked tonight.” Nothing to boost the old confidence like constructive criticism
    I’m as sad as everyone else that Shawn Michaels’s career is over, but I was glad I could be there to witness it live. Shawn trained me, and I wrestled my first match in his promotion, the TWA. His wife Rebecca helped me get my first passport, and his mother even talked to my mom before I moved down to San Antonio to reassure her I would be taken care of. It felt fitting to watch his final match live, and I don’t know if there’s ever been a better retirement match … If there is, I’ve never seen it. I was able to speak with him briefly Sunday night, and he told me that it was my time now and if I ever needed anything to just let him know. Words cannot express my gratitude for the great training he gave me, and for his support. I’m sure he will miss wrestling, but wrestling will miss him even more.

- As far as NXT goes, I was excited to be ranked #1 in the Pro’s poll, but I also know I have a long way to go to get to where I need to be and to silence my critics. I know I’m not what WWE usually looks for in a superstar. It’s quite obvious by Michael Cole’s commentary that he doesn’t think I have what it takes and I know there are even more people in the back who think the same thing. They doubt my mic skills and they doubt whether the WWE Universe can get behind someone who looks as plain as I do… but none of them doubt my in ring ability. I may not be what the WWE looks for when they’re recruiting, but most of the people they recruit don’t have the passion for this business that people like Shawn Michaels have. I do, and I’ve proven it over the last 10 years. I will outwork, outsmart and outclass 99.9% of the muscleheads and pretty boys that they think have the right "look."

Looks like Daniel Bryan is gone from WWE and NXT but he's been replaced by some guy called Bryan Danielson.. Who's he??:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

So he was losing so much because of his name? Huh, beats any reason I got.

• Advertisement

I doubt he was ever gonna win the thing but at least now it's somewhat of a fresh start i guess? But seriously how the fu*k is the one man **** band still there?

Advertisement