Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Open Workout, free this time

Options
  • 05-01-2010 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

Okay so I've had a good few pms and a few replys to the old thread asking if we're going to do the open workout thing again. We are, but a bit more on your terms.

Basically, it's more or less nothing to us to invite people along as we do a team workout every Saturday morning, so it's just a matter of scaling the workout to match as many people as possible's needs.

Thing is, since we've had interest in it, we'd like the interested parties to show up :), so if people tell us what Saturday morning would be best for them to come in and do the workout for the craic, then we'll do it on that date. We can't do it this Saturday morning as we have a GAA team coming in but consider any Saturday after that fair game.

PS, anyone wondering what I'm on about, here's the link to the charity event http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055770419&highlight=charity+workout

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Is this going ahead? I'm tied up most of jan, but i really want a shot of the prowler so i can puke in your gym...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

If there's enough interest, yes it will go ahead. If only one person wants to do it, it will probably go ahead too cos we're there anyway :)

Suggest a date

**** it, when ever its on, im there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

ragg wrote: »
    I really want a shot of the prowler so i can puke in your gym...

+1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cas_k

I'm well up for this. Have read through the previous posts and can't find much details though. What time do you meet, is it some kind of boot camp style class whereabouts are ye?????

• Advertisement

If you click the links below in my signature, you'll find out pretty much everything about us. If you've any questions not covered on the site, ask them here and I'll answer.

I'm not 100% sure what a "boot camp" session is. Is that where you learn about firearms, map reading and stuff? If so, no, that's not what it is. What it is is a team type workout where you go against another team of people to see who can either complete the workout in the shortest time or reps in the time allotted. It's a fun thing we used to do for our fighters only but now we have it for everyone in the gym as the more involved, the more fun it is.

One of the best things about it is that everyone on the team just does the best they can. There'll always be a superman or woman who can do more but even the least fit person can still contribute to the team effort.

Like I said, ask away with any questions, I'm happy to answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I'll be away for a while, but any weekend in febuary suits me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

A cold sweat arched across my brow upon reading this thread...

I don't know if I'll be available any Saturday over the next 2 months or so (painting, renovating, baby prepping & moving into a new house) but I'm planning on switching to a conditioning focus for springtime so if you're open to hangers on around that time I'll be back.

If I go to this one it's just an excuse for me to puke again and you to laugh again because I'm really making no effort on cardio at the moment.

How Grim is the Prowler? i read about it on will blog and it looked pretty harsh seing people dropping like that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

How Grim is the Prowler? i read about it on will blog and it looked pretty harsh seing people dropping like that :eek:

Click the thread Roper linked to above for my account. I got the worst dose of prowler flue that day but it's not uncommon.

• Advertisement

Yeah, ive read about prowler flu before - it seems to be fairly common - i let you know how much i puke after this session. Just hope Roper gets me my own personal bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah, ive read about prowler flu before - it seems to be fairly common
    I was looking at homemade prowlers the other day, found this

prowler-flu2.jpg

Saturday February 13th then? I'll set it in stone if that's the date everyone can make.

You guys are making this sound considerably more grim than it actually is. I have great fun at these workouts. Why so serious?

Rubadub, that pic is now my desktop. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

A lil' bump. Is Saturday 13th the date this will be on then?

And what did you do to our Karen? :eek: :D

g'em wrote: »
    A lil' bump. Is Saturday 13th the date this will be on then?
    Yeah okay. I'll confirm it closer to the date as sometimes I don't know where I'm going to be until I'm there at weekends but that looks clear.
    And what did you do to our Karen? :eek: :D
    Armbar! Terrible stroke of luck for her, catching a clean and just had a freak occurence. She was supposed to come in and see us this week but I believe she's going out of her mind at home so I expect she'll be in squatting soon. Will's going to do her rehab for her so you might say she fell on her feet a bit!

Not to come across all feelingsy but we miss her presence in the gym. She's a really naturally good coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Roper wrote: »
    Not to come across all feelingsy but we miss her presence in the gym. She's a really naturally good coach.

+ alot

Killme00 wrote: »
    + alot

Would you miss me as much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Roper wrote: »
    Yeah okay. I'll confirm it closer to the date as sometimes I don't know where I'm going to be until I'm there at weekends but that looks clear.
    Cool, I'm going to try and make it to this. I'll be trying to drag Karen along for moral support too :D
    Roper wrote:
    Armbar! Terrible stroke of luck for her, catching a clean and just had a freak occurence. She was supposed to come in and see us this week but I believe she's going out of her mind at home so I expect she'll be in squatting soon. Will's going to do her rehab for her so you might say she fell on her feet a bit!
    Well if she's going do go and break a bone she may as well do it when she has so many resources available to get her back to scratch quicker than the average punter :D

She was down with us during the week doing some front squats and stretching, she'll be back on form in no time. It really was bad luck, and so soon after doing her first comp!
    Roper wrote:
    She's got the touch, for sure. I think she's got a great career ahead of her, so personable and great craic, she gets on with everyone effortlessly. We all miss her too tbh.

So anyway, what kind of things is this morning going to entail? btw I also want to pick your brain on something, but I haven't come up with the right questions yet so I'll just leave it hanging mysteriously until I see you.

It's not half as interesting as I'm making it sound unfortunately :o

Advertisement