Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Season 6 to start on RTE on Feb. 4th 2010

Options
  • 13-01-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi

According to Digiguide RTE 2 is to start broadcasting the sixth and final season of Lost on Thursday February 4th at 9pm until 10:50pm.

This is less than 48 hours after broadcast in USA. So presumably it will show before Sky.

Good news! Not long to go.
    (Sorry said 24 hours first, amended to 48 now)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well it's airing on ABC on the Tuesday (early hours of Wednesday for us), so it's more than 24 hours later. But still very close, probably as close as is possible.

Fair play to RTE airing ahead of Sky - if indeed DarkUFO's Friday information is correct. Still no official confirmation from Sky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Well done RTE for showing it as early as could be expected. I don't really like the Thursday slot but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

Great, great, news.

Excellent, as per my previous posts, I sent a few emails to RTE suggesting this time and date. Maybe they listened.

Thank you RTE, I can now go to the pub on a Friday as normal, and not have to watch it on Sky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭blue_steel

Fantastic! Desperate to remain unspoilt this season so a 48 hour turnaround will help!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

This is indeed good news but please be aware that I got this news from Digiguide and is not yet confirmed by RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fair play to them if this is indeed true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Great news. I always prefer watching Lost on RTE than Sky. Its very odd Sky didnt do more to put it on Thursday.

Just checked Digiguide!!

Lost had disappeared from RTE's listing and has been replaced by Episodes 1 and 2 of Flashforward.

Very odd. It was definately there yesterday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hasn't RTE already aired the first 3 eps of Flashforward? Episode 4 is down for the following Friday. I don't know why they'd air the FF pilot again the week before on a different night. Might just be a placeholder for the 2-hour Lost premiere.

RTE's options for Lost are pretty limited anyway. Thursday makes sense. They can't have it on Fridays because of the Late Late on RTE1. And Saturdays/Sundays will wipe out their ratings while everyone tunes into Sky - unless they reckon everyone will be watching the Late Late that night. Then again, Sky airing first didn't seem to bother them in season 4.

The only problem they might have is trying to acquire the episodes so soon after the US broadcast. A couple of years back it was taking the guts of a week for the tapes to be delivered. Two days is cutting it very tight. I mean surely Sky would air it on a Thursday if they could. Friday is a terrible night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Tapes being flown over? are you living in 1977 man? These files can be sent over in 20mins with a high bandwith connection.

Anyway Flashforwward is airing on Mondays atm so Thursday slot makes perfect sense and fair play to RTE! Woo

• Advertisement

Tapes being flown over? are you living in 1977 man? These files can be sent over in 20mins with a high bandwith connection.
    You are right, all tv episodes get sent via fibre optic now - but not directly to RTE or Sky. I think Technicolor or someone receives them and I assume are responsible for converting them to PAL, putting them on a tape and delivering them to RTE/whoever. Ridiculous as it sounds it seems this was taking days to do in previous seasons.

I'm not sure if this is still how it works but given that there was a 4 day gap between ABC and RTE/Sky last season, I guess it still is.

In the meantime of course you or I can be watching the episode in 720p an hour after the US broadcast. But that's how advanced television stations are. We can get the episode before they do.

Latest reply from RTE, they are keeping their cards close to their chest ...
    Thanks for the mail,

RTÉ Scheduling haven't specified as to when Lost will be broadcast. RTÉ Scheduling regard information as commercially sensitive and will release it closer to the date of broadcast.

Apologies that I don't have a more favourable response for you,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I got a different reply:
    Thanks for the mail,

The transmission date of the new series of Lost isn't available from RTÉ's scheduling department this time. The series will be promo'd on both television and in the press when known.

maybe there not..... buying it.......

I suspect Lost will in fact start on Thursday 4th Feb on RTE. This is only a guess.

Digiguide and uk-tv-guide.com must have got their information from someone in RTE. I suspect that someone in RTE jumped the gun and announced it before the official announcement.

Time will tell.

hmmm cant trust this yeeet.... lol

This morning Digiguide has Lost back again for Thursday 4th Feb. 9pm on RTE.

Looks like its confirmed:
    http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0120/lost.html

Thats a relief.

It would be nice if that 8 o'clock "To Be Announced" slot thats on Digiguide right before it was used for the catch up show that is going out in the States before they show it.

It would be nice if that 8 o'clock "To Be Announced" slot thats on Digiguide right before it was used for the catch up show that is going out in the States before they show it.
    That was my first thought as well. It surely will be. Didn't RTE air the recap last season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭blue_steel

According to this piece Season 6 is starting on Feb 4.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0120/lost.html

That was my first thought as well. It surely will be. Didn't RTE air the recap last season?

I didn't think so but I could be wrong. I certainly obtained it from elsewhere the day before. I think RTE might baulk at the idea of dedicating almost three hours to a single TV show.

Of course that RTE article could still be wrong, it might be based on them hoping to broadcast it on the 4th. I don't see why they wouldn't have announced it by now. Although this could be standard practice as I don't usually take any notice of these things and am a little sad/worried that I care so much about this....:o

RTE are showing a recap episode called 'The Final Chapter' at 8 PM.

http://uk-tv-guide.com/programme-details/RT%C9+2/4+February+2010/20%3A00/Lost/Drama/

Does anyone know if the season 5 conclusion is getting repeated over the next 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

2 hour pilot. Nice!! Fair play to RTE for getting it so soon.

Fungus wrote: »
    RTE are showing a recap episode called 'The Final Chapter' at 8 PM.

http://uk-tv-guide.com/programme-details/RT%C9+2/4+February+2010/20%3A00/Lost/Drama/
    ABC's recap episode is called Lost: Beginning of the End. I wonder if they are the same thing and RTE just renamed it.

The recap episode seems unclear.

Lostpedia calls it "Lost: The Beginning of The End" while tvguide.com calls it "Lost: Final Chapter".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Not a big fan of the recap ep's
    Just want to get straight back in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lolazizzy

I see that Lost is now available on the RTE PLAYER!!!!

www.rte.ie/player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

lolazizzy wrote: »
    I see that Lost is now available on the RTE PLAYER!!!!

www.rte.ie/player

eh no it's not :confused:

Advertisement