Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Night-time Walk - 25th Jan

• 17-01-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I was thinking of arranging a night-time walk on Monday 25th Jan.

Looking for your thoughts, suggestions. I am limited that week to Monday and *possibly* Thursday.

I was thinking of two plans:
    1) start at St. Stephens Green - down Grafton - turn towards Powerscourt SC - can't remember the next road - central bank - Temple Bar - Ha'penny Br - O'connell br - trinity - grafton st.
    2) Samuel Beckett Br - docklands - trinity - central bank - temple bar - Ha'penny Br - Henry St - O'connell St.

Meet up time - I'm available anytime. As always you can join in half way and leave when you want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Thinking about it, won't know til later in the week. Would like to try 10mm night shots this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Yeah I would be interested, depending on work. Monday would be best for me as I am training 2 kids teams on Tues and Wed. Could get in to Dublin for around 7pm. Have never shot pictures in Dublin at night and that new bridge looks fantastic.

Will post again when I have details of my work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah, I'd be up for it, I reckon... O like the idea of route 2 more, the other one is quite similar to the one before christmas... down to the docklands would be great! O, and Monday would be best for me, but Thursday would be ok too, I think.

Zo

zoegh wrote: »
    down to the docklands would be great!

Zo

Yeah, Living and working outside the city I have really only seen pics of docklands so it would be great to actually go down and take some photo's

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Docklands it is then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

I'll join ye, should be a laugh!

Maybe I'll be able to workout what your name means this time. Cubed Cube?

Woo hoo! Maybe this time I'll get more than one shot and not break anyones tripod... I can but dream... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I'm not able to make this one I'm afraid. It's my wife's birthday and we had already made plans.

:D:DNow theres an opportunity not to be missed. Indoor night candlelit party, how many of you can converge on Dan's house:D:D

• Advertisement

Docklands it is then.

Nearer the date let me know the actual meeting place, maybe the Samuel Beckett bridge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Athenryman

Is this open to anyone?
    I am a photographer in galway but like the idea of this with some company.
    If its a camera club then thats ok - no worries.

Athenryman wrote: »
    Is this open to anyone?
    I am a photographer in galway but like the idea of this with some company.
    If its a camera club then thats ok - no worries.

Yes this is open to anyone. You would be most welcome. These photowalks are loosely arranged and there is no hard and fast plan. Usually when everyone who is attending meet then a route is decided on.
    Hope to see you there,
    John
    ps previous walks I was on
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055759782
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055726473

All are welcome..... you will look weird if you come without a camera though.

Slight change in plan....

Start at The Point - down past Samuel Beckett Br - Famine Statues - Custom house - O'Connell Br - Ha'penny Br - back down the other side to The Point.

Gives both sides of all the bridges & Liffey.

Anybody got a preferred start-up time?

Anytime suits me, how about between 6.30 & 6.45pm meet up, or it that too early?

About 7 would give me some breathing space. What is parking like in that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I might be around on Monday night. I'll know by tomorrow. Wouldn't mind going on another photo-walk :)

Parking on street should be ok if there is no show in the o2. Also parking in the Jury's hotel car park up from the o2. Otherwise the Royal College of Surgeon's car park have a €5 rate for after 5pm til 09.00am next morn. if you prepay within 15 mins of parking.

ps. WE Will ROCK YOU is on that night in o2 so parking will be scarce

Anytime is good for me, I'm based in town so I'm ready to rock whenever! :D

Looking forward to it now.

Zo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

Hey, I've never been on one of these walks but would love to crash if that's ok? I'm pretty new to this photography lark and would love the opportunity to improve my unbelievable natural ability :P

Just a heads up for anyone going down there, the luas line (red I think) now goes all the way to the O2. Hope that helps as you could easily get parking further up it.

geoffraffe wrote: »
    Hey, I've never been on one of these walks but would love to crash if that's ok? I'm pretty new to this photography lark and would love the opportunity to improve my unbelievable natural ability :P

Just a heads up for anyone going down there, the luas line (red I think) now goes all the way to the O2. Hope that helps as you could easily get parking further up it.

Great, thanks for info. Bring your tripod too.

Sounds interesting.

Ok.... hands up who hasn't got my phone number?

We will be meeting across the road from the Point - You're standing at the fence belonging to The Point - Look towards the Liffey - Cross the road - and there I am. I will be there from 6:45 aim to start walking 7:15.

We will be walking down one side and back up the other so feel free to join us whenever you want.

As PixByJohn - a seasoned nightwalker:P - mentions, Bring a Tripod!

Woo Hooo! My 100th post... now I am a 2 star general/player/poster.
    Please note the 2 stars may have been there before.
    What do they mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Almost forgot about this. Haven't been around here for a week! But just decided I'll be there on Monday as well - with my own tripod:).

Edit: Oh and congrats to the 100 Sinister - but I think the second star is just a little help to see that you not just started here.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Going to try an make this if I can. SHould be there. Will see you at starting point if so.

Ok....

Woo Hooo! My 100th post... now I am a 2 star general/player/poster.
    Please note the 2 stars may have been there before.
    What do they mean?

Ok, nobody told me that you could get stars and that the more you posted the more stars you could get.

This just became serious. I am now on a mission to collect my stars. Wish me luck

This proves I'm serious!!!

I hear sirens! Woowoo woowoo! Here comes a mod to stop 'that sort of thing!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

You'll get into trouble if you start spamming for the sake of a star....

Advertisement