Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Streak of thefts/burglaries in Roselawn

• 09-02-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

FYI to anyone living in the area...

Last night some scumbag tried to steal my motorbike and broke into my mates car. My mate was speaking with the Gardai, and apparently there's been a lot of similar incidents and burglaries in the last few days in the area.

Seems like some junkie scum is out there targeting the area road by road. Roselawn Road, Avenue and Walk have been hit the last 3 nights and there's over 20 incidents in total so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Make sure that any incident is reported to the Gardai (feel free to use 999/112 as calls will be prioritised and serious stuff will always take precendence).
    Calls will be logged and the senior brass will assign Gardai to problem areas. Without reports you will not get a reaction from the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Cheers Op.

I'm practically next on that list if that's the way it's going... Shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

There was a few houses broken into in the mountview area 2 to 3 weeks ago with nearly all the houses with no other house facing them.
    One strange thing though, a day or 2 after ,we had leaflets through the door advertising House alarms and also the csah for gold crowd was in the area so if the same pattern happens your way then its a good start to stop anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Make sure you turn on your alarm at night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

daymobrew wrote: »
    Make sure you turn on your alarm at night.

Yup, and during the day too. I seem to remember some statistic that showed that most house burglaries took place in the mid-afternoon, and very often while the house was occupied.

Our house was burgled twice in the past, and both occured during the day while we were out. After the last one, we got a monitored alarm, and we havent had any hassle since. We put the alarm on any time we are out of the house, and come 8 or 9 at night we put the alarm on too even when we are in. Its become so habitual now, its not a problem.

I know plenty of people who have alarms and never set them because they think they're a hassle and couldn't be arsed remembering codes etc. Nowt as queer as folk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I heard there were a good few car break-ins in the Brompton area over the week. They're not trying to steal the cars, just taking any contents. Might be an idea to make sure you've nothing valuable in your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Cathooo wrote: »
    I heard there were a good few car break-ins in the Brompton area over the week. They're not trying to steal the cars, just taking any contents. Might be an idea to make sure you've nothing valuable in your car.

Yup, Brompton & Delwood were also targeted. Basically that whole area around the shopping center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

the scumbags have been busy down in GV / Deerpark / Stockton too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was driving through Blanch village over the weekend, and only in hindsight I realised I probably should have called the gardai. Saw a young fella pulled up at lights beside me driving an expensive BMW with the 'window down' in cold weather, he was eyeing up the reg plate of the boyfriend's car. It felt unsettling rather than an appreciation of the car. It was only when we drove off in another direction that I thought the open window was probably a smashed window. If I got the reg plate I'd have called them. He was probably coming from Roselawn or Laurel Lodge.

Advertisement