Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Superstar of the Week - Week 10 - Fergal Devitt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Awesome choice this week liz:pac::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hopefully like Sheamus TNA or WWE will take notice and he will join their ranks.

Why, he said himself he has little interest in doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_of_the_Super_Juniors#2010

Devitt today won this extremely prestigous tournament. I am sure you will all join me in congratulating him.

Must try find this event, or if anyone knows, you might post a link on the PW facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_of_the_Super_Juniors#2010

Devitt today won this extremely prestigous tournament. I am sure you will all join me in congratulating him.

Must try find this event, or if anyone knows, you might post a link on the PW facebook.

Its not available yet, won't be for a day or two.

Delighted for Fergal, so many times he has gone far in these tournies and lost. I think he's a good bet to take the Jr Title from Marufuji now. Someone has to take it off him and Fergal has legit claims to being their top "native" junior now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Congrats to Devitt who defeated Naomichi Marufuji earlier today in Osaka, to win the IWGP JR Title.:cool::cool::cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He really is doing well for himself now Super Juniors champion for 2010 and IWGP Jr Title holder in quick succession. If anyone spots these matches online somewhere please post em up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Prince Devitt vs. Kota Ibushi 2010 Best of the Super Juniors

Very good match btw.

All of the matches are up on this YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JivanFernandez#grid/user/3E93284C3F367FFD

Congrats to Devitt who defeated Naomichi Marufuji earlier today in Osaka, to win the IWGP JR Title.:cool::cool::cool:

YEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!

That is a MASSIVE win and a HUGE show of faith by New Japan in the Irishman. Whoever Marufuji was going to put over was going to get a massive rub. Hes a former heavyweight champ and one of the most decorated wrestlers curently in Japan. The fact that New Japan alowed it to be a foreigner is amazing shows the esteem in which he is held over there.

Fergal Devitt just arrived big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Doesn't hurt that that was an awesome match either. Ibushi amazes me more every time I see him.

For those interested, here's Devitt vs. Davey Richards from that very tournament:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did Ibushi badly injure his arm in the match with Devitt? Great match btw.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Doesn't hurt that that was an awesome match either. Ibushi amazes me more every time I see him.

For those interested, here's Devitt vs. Davey Richards from that very tournament:

They really want Davy to do the whole Dynamite thing don't they?:pac:

Did Ibushi badly injure his arm in the match with Devitt? Great match btw.

Not that I'd read anywhere anyway.

Left a little present on the facebook page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Don't normally post in these threads but much deserved for Price Devitt. Worked his ass off and now is getting the recognition for it. Fair ****s to him. Two Irish Champs in one weekend!!!!!!

gimmick wrote: »
    Left a little present on the facebook page

Where is this facebook located at now?

Would it be the Marufuji match cause I haven't been able to see it anywhere yet?

--Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi, a strong candidate for tag team of the year, won the IWGP jr. titles today in Sapporo beating El Samurai & Koji Kanemoto.

From todays Observer Update www.f4wonline.com

He's won it a few times already but well done to him again. Actually watched quite a few of his matches over the past couple of weeks. Super talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Didn't deem it worth of a thread of it's own since there are no web links for it, but anybody that can get a copy of this months Power Slam should check out Wicklow's own "Best of the Juniors" Fergal Devitt giving an interesting enough interview.

Edit: Nice move to this thread, didn't think of here! Thanks.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title

NJPW "DOMINION 6.19″, 19.06.2010.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So here he is winning a belt in Mexico.

Advertisement