Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan is dead - Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

For serious? Maybe he was ripping the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peteandjenn

I heard that too. Got a text from a friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

It's a common first name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

IF it is true; it's good of you to let the country know before his relatives have been notified....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

TheZohan wrote: »
    IF it is true; it's good of you to let the country know before his relatives have been notified....

Very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Where did it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Possible smell of BS????:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Ah why do people hate Gerry so much?

Actually, why do people hate and detest other people so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Apologies, I was simply confirming it. Didn't mean to cause offence to anyone guys.

Ye can verify for yourself online, I think it's been confirmed properly now also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No link though tbf and I've heard nothing on the radio or anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Eh how about the relatives are notified first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

G86 wrote: »

Well link it... or it's bullshít :)

And what the Zohan said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

They are waiting to confirm it officially I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

EDIT

Originally this post said .....

"And if you're unlocking it could you remove the fecking disgraceful comments in it."

As it was contained in a different thread that was merged into this one. Every few minutes though further down this thread some funny prat posts a joke or a slagging about this which then has to be deleted by the mods. How about doing everyone a favour and save time by keeping the funnies to yourself.

A tragedy for his family is not helped at all by amatuer stand up. Please show them the respect you would like your own family to get when it's your time to pass.

RIP Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Sorry but no way should this be public yet.

When my brother killed himself, there were texts being sent all over the place before me or my siblings were in formed and it could only have been the emergency services. It's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

TheZohan wrote: »
    Eh how about the relatives are notified first?

If a guard rang the paper they probably notified the family first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Jaysus. God damn shít hole of a country loves nothing more than a bit of fúcking gossip! I'd be ashamed if I were some of you. It's heartless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

It's the world we live in today etc technology, you die and half the world could know in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

There are a lot of tweets about it, including some from RTE staff indictaing it is true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bonito wrote: »
    Jaysus. God damn shít hole of a country loves nothing more than a bit of fúcking gossip! I'd be ashamed if I were some of you. It's heartless.

Gossip? No, it's actually newsworthy (if true).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It's on twitter. Apparently heart attack - supposedly Miriam O'Callaghan has confirmed it on twitter. Apparently happened this morning so can only hope family were informed first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Sorry but no way should this be public yet.

When my brother killed himself, there were texts being sent all over the place before me or my siblings were in formed and it could only have been the emergency services. It's disgusting.

You're right, was completely insensitive, sometimes it's easy to forget when it's a 'celeb'.

Post deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Bonito wrote: »

If this is true, it's probably best to just lock AH for a week until everyone stops going mental, either from hatred of the man to the desire to fawn over another dead celebrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

prinz wrote: »
    It's on twitter. Apparently heart attack - supposedly Miriam O'Callaghan has confirmed it on twitter
    She should know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

http://twitter.com/MiriamOCal

She confirmed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Posted on Miriam O'Callaghans twitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Miriam O'Callaghan has confirmed on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

prinz wrote: »
    It's on twitter. Apparently heart attack - supposedly Miriam O'Callaghan has confirmed it on twitter. Apparently happened this morning so can only hope family were informed first.

Mmmmmm... that's some good weasel words right there. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement