Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good gyms in Carlow

Options
  • 04-05-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi,

College is ending so I need a new place to pump so Iron.

Does anyone know a gopod gym with cheap enough nothing fancy. As long as it has a squat rack and plenty of dumbells.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

If you want gym and no pool then i would suggest looking at mc fits just a couple of doors down from abbrakebabra. They have a large amout of free weights and machines(weights and cardio) also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Cheers Rasco

Its a bit too expensive for me 150 for 3 months :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Well i'm a memner of the oaks off peak and thats 450 for the year and can go from 7am-5pm if thats any better price wise. They have a good few cardio machines about 8 weights machine a free weights area and pool jacuzi sauna steam room. you also get to do the different class's for free even they ones outside of your allocated time slots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Cheers Rasco

Its a bit too expensive for me 150 for 3 months :O

300 for the year as far as I know is their prices now...

can't beat mcfits :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭rossi272

Does anyone have any experience of Olympia Gym.. saw it advertised in the carlow people for 35 euro a month.. I'm in tullow but i just cant justify the 650 a year for the mt wolseley anymore and the ramada is tiny with no free weights at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I saw a sign outside it yesterday.
    €250 per year, or €200 for students. No joining fee.
    I used to be in it years ago. Its fairly old, but for 250 you cant go far wrong.

I actually went there (Olympia Gym) just the place I need plenty of dumbells, barbells and a damn squat rack. Its not beautiful but it would do the job. The monthly payment suited me.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Eire Og gym is good

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Fro what ive heard Olympia is the place for weights. A good few of my friends go there and say its good for weights and its like 35 quid a month (You can pay by month from what ive heard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Eire Og gym is good

Can be PAYG too I think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Pity their is no gym in Carlow where you can pay €5 or €6 a session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

SIX PACK wrote: »

Yes there is. Read the post previous to yours.

well mcfits lets you for a tenner a go? :p

SV wrote: »
    well mcfits lets you for a tenner a go? :p

€10 a go thats expensive!

RealistSpy wrote: »
    €10 a go thats expensive!

yeah but it's €300 to join for the year so it balances itself out I think

€10 a session is a rip off when money is tight or if your on social welfare. €5 or €6 a session would be grand id go every day,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

€5 or €6 a session would be grand id go every day,

€5 a day every day?
    ok, lets say 5 days a week.... = €25 a week
    52 weeks a year = 1300.

Would you really go everday?

€10 a session is a rip off when money is tight or if your on social welfare. €5 or €6 a session would be grand id go every day,

so you'd pay 30 a week(say 5 day week) but paying 50 a week would be a rip off? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't look at it like that you see with my employment i could have to move away from Carlow in the next 3 months.
    My 1yr Membership which i had ran out 2weeks ago for Mc Fit i will admit when i joined 1st last yr i went most days for 6months, then i got a job so struggled to go once a week (got a wee bit lazy aswel) as ya do Lol... Now im out of work again.
    I know the guy who owns McFit pretty well & he tells me his biggest rush in new members join After Christmas they pay the 1year up front, Make a burst at getting fit for a couple of weeks then he doesn't see them for the rest of the year.
    What im trying to say is most Gyms want you to join for a year pay up front also that way if you do fall off the wagon as i did half way trough my years membership. it works excellent for gym owners they'l always have room for new members.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I wouldn't look at it like that you see with my employment i could have to move away from Carlow in the next 3 months.

If that's the case, then surely paying monthly would be more cost effective than paying per session?

• Advertisement

Someone is looking in here anyway ;)

Was in there today and it's now €5 from Mon-Fri

i KNOW i seen yesterday:eek: Mon to Fri 12pm to 3pm €5 pay as you go.Happy days.. going in 2mor have to tone up this Sixpack :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gymsireland

Does anyone Know the Seven Oaks Gym ?
    Anyone know how much is to join or use?

Does anyone Know the Seven Oaks Gym ?
    Anyone know how much is to join or use?

Google is a man's best friend!

Greenbank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gymsireland

Thanks for the link

Seven Oaks gym €650 for 1yr membership!!! Thats a wee bit much IMO