Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Curran found guilty of Polish mens murder

Options
  • 06-05-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Just heard it on newstalk. This is from the newstalk website.
    A Dublin teenager has been convicted of murdering two Polish men, who he stabbed through the head with a screwdriver outside their home.
    David Curran of Lissadel Green, Drimnagh is facing a double life sentence for the killings of Pawel Kalite and Marius Szwajkos on February 23rd 2008.
    His co-accused Sean Keogh of Vincent’s Street West has been acquitted on both murder charges, but has pleaded guilty to assault causing harm.
    This was a most violent murder – David Curran then aged 17 drove a screwdriver through the skull of Pawel Kalite, and then seconds later Marius Szwajkos as he tried to intervene.
    The court heard the attack was in direct response to a scuffle outside the chipper minutes earlier involving, Pawel Kalite and three teenage friends of the accused.
    There were tears from Pawel’s sister Agnishka when the verdicts were read out after 6 hours of jury deliberations.
    Sean Keogh was cleared on both murder charges; he will be sentenced for assault later this month having admitted to kicking Pawel Kalite in the head after he had been stabbed.
    Curran is now facing the mandatory life term which will be handed down following a hearing tomorrow, when victim impact statements will be read out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

From RTE
    Drimnagh man found guilty of double murder

A 19-year-old Dublin man has been found guilty of the murder of two Polish men in Drimnagh in 2008.

David Curran of Lissadel Green in Drimnagh had admitted killing the men but denied a charge of murder.

His co-accused, 21-year-old Sean Keogh of Vincent Street West, Inchicore was found not guilty of murder. He had admitted assaulting one of the victims.

Pawel Kalite and Marius Szwajkos were stabbed to death outside their home in Drimnagh in February 2008.

David Curran, who was 17 at the time, used a screwdriver to stab both men through the head.

He said he was out of his head on drink and drugs and lost control when he wrongly believed his father had been stabbed in an earlier row with Mr Kalite.

But the prosecution said this defence of provocation was made up. They said he was not out of control, simply in a rage because his cousin was in the row and concocted the story about his father much later.

After almost six hours of deliberation the jury found him guilty of murdering Pavel Kalite by a unanimous verdict and guilty of murdering Marius Szwajkos by an 11 to one majority.

Sean Keogh kicked Pavel Kalite in the head as he fell to the ground. The prosecution claimed he was involved in a joint enterprise and was therefore equally responsible for the killings.

But the jury found him not guilty. He will be sentenced for assault at a later date.

Pavel Kalite's sister broke down in tears as the verdict was delivered.

A victim impact statement will be given tomorrow before David Curran is given a mandatory life sentence.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, glad he got the murder verdict, just a pity his fellow POS will be out in a year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

20 years isn't enough. It's a joke. The other scumbag is getting how many years?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Could not have worded it better.... Good riddence...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Thank fnck for that.

I was worried that piece of **** was going to get away with it on some fluffy "dimished responsibility" grounds. Glad to see justice prevailing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What about the lippy teenaged girls that started the whole thing off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

20 years isn't enough. It's a joke. The other scumbag is getting how many years?

He got 20 years? or is that the mandatory sentence he'll get tomorrow

(not being smart, I just want to know)

WindSock wrote: »

Don't think they murdered anybody...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Delighted. Great that these nackers will be off the streets for some time. What an absolute animal you must be to do that to another person.
    WindSock wrote: »

True, they should be charged with something too.

Causing a confrontation leading to a double murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

20 years for 2 lives is a joke,but at least he's been put away.Gonna have to watch his back from any Poles inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Good. He's no loss to society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

incitement? I hadn't heard anything about the girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Nothing less than he deserved.

Also:

In before merge :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

This guy really deserves to go away for a long time, it was such a savage response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Not much happening here.
    I'm off to the other thread.

I wonder how many times this will be posted in seperate threads... It's right above the other one FFS...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Scumbag..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if it had happened on the northside the article would have read drimnagh, north dublin. journalists seem to forget places on the southside when reporting crimes

if it had happened on the northside the article would have read drimnagh, north dublin. journalists seem to forget places on the southside when reporting crimes

Racists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

That's the sort of thing that makes you doubt human society as a whole.

How anyone could go and stab another person in the head with a screwdriver is beyond me.

Whats the world coming to eh? Shocking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Racists.

I think you mean bigots.

Also, g'won the northside.

PK2008 wrote: »
    He got 20 years? or is that the mandatory sentence he'll get tomorrow

(not being smart, I just want to know)

I was under the influence that 20 years was life in Ireland, unless it changed. Now I am unsure :P

Scumlord: I am not 100% sure what the girls did, but I guess it was verbal abuse or the likes, provoked them, whatever it was I don't think they should get criminal records because of what these two scumbags done. If they were not killed, nobody would be on a witch hunt for the girls too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Gillington wrote: »
    20 years for 2 lives is a joke,but at least he's been put away.Gonna have to watch his back from any Poles inside.

Agreed. Upon release it's best he doesn't emigrate there either!

I was under the influence that 20 years was life in Ireland, unless it changed. Now I am unsure :P

You could be, Im not sure myself.

I always assumed life meant 35 years but no idea why

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I think you mean bigots.

Also, g'won the northside.

I know what I meant... now where's the 'narrows eyes' smilie?

DAMMIT I WASTED MY 1000TH POST ON THIS. I WILL DESTROY YOU!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

DAMMIT I WASTED MY 1000TH POST ON THIS. I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Lol!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

What a boring distraction from the main story here.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

I was under the influence that 20 years was life in Ireland, unless it changed. Now I am unsure

average life sentence is about 13 years now. could be less for gangland crimes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 O.

In certain country, to not help a person in danger is condemnable.
    Some people dare to say it's every person obligation to save a life if they can, crazy isn't it?

And obviously they could by the way.

Advertisement