Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burley D'Lite Trailer for sale

Options
  • 07-05-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All
    Looking for a new home for my Burley D'lite Trailer.
    I bought this in 2007 and used it to ferry 2 ladies to their creche every day for a few months. I ended up needing to use my car more and more for work, so had to give it up.
    I bought it in online from the US. Burley is the brand leader there. http://www.burley.com/ I had another Trailer before this one, but I only used it for a few weeks - it wasn't great and i needed something reliable. I really enjoyed using this,and was sorry to have to give it up. Finally have come to the conclusion that it won't be used in this house anymore.
    I live in Dublin 7 - so it's available for collection from my house. I also go along the N4 quite a bit, so i could deliver as far as Carrick on Shannon or thereabouts.

Lots of pictures below.
    The Manual can be found here http://www.burley.com/support/manuals/2007/Manuals/170004_Manual_Child_Trailer_07.pdf
    General Specs:
    •Special features include a reclining seat back for napping children.
    •Its dished wheels, wide track and low center of gravity provide maximum strength and stability
    •Protective alloy roll-cage and five-point safety harness system guard your child in the unlikely event of a major tumble
    •Burley Hitch has a flex-connector which allows the trailer to remain upright if the parent's bike falls over
    •Quick-release wheels allow it to fold down to a compact size for easy storage
    •Frame constructed with light, strong aluminum alloy tubing, contoured side roll-bars and a water-resistant nylon shell
    •Wide Screen™ 2-in-1 Cover™ with mesh screen and rainfly shields little ones from bugs, wind and rain; also includes adjustable sun shield
    •Rear storage area accommodates extra gear, groceries or daypacks; interior pockets stash treasures
    •Includes an adjustable handlebar and parking brake
    • Weight 20 pounds
    • Capacity 100 pounds
    • Wheel diameter 20 inches
    • Dimensions 34 x 33 x 32 inches
    • Folded dimensions 34 x 32 x 10 inches
    • Material(s) Aluminum
    • Fabric - Nylon
    It cost me 600 dollars (including the shipping etc). It's in really excellent condition (as you can see from the pics), so i'm looking for €200.
    Any takers?
    Teacosy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

Hi,

I might be interested - what part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭teacosy

I'm in Dublin 7, but i go along the N4 a fair bit so i could drop it off if you are anywhere near there.
    Teacosy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Does this turn into a buggy?

Hi
    With the addition of this piece, http://www.amazon.com/Burley-Bicycle-Trailer-Stroller-Kit/dp/B000R9CH8W
    this trailer will turn into a buggy.
    I never bought the Stroller Kit though, it was an optional extra. The trailer came with the handlebar, which is removable - its not in the pictures.
    Teacosy

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

Hi,
    Could you PM your mobile number

I am in Galway but around Meath/Dublin this weekend. I'll decide this evening whether or not I'll take it and get in touch to view/do a deal.

• Advertisement

This is still up for grabs....any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

How would this work as a trailer to carry gear instead of panniers? Thanks

The capacity is 100lbs. You COULD carry goods in it, but it's a lot to spend if you're just going to carry "stuff" and not children (wait, hang on i'm supposed to be selling this :rolleyes:)....
    Seriously, if you're looking for something to carry stuff in, i can give you the first trailer i had for €50 Its a Raleigh Adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

€50 sounds interesting, is it in good working order?

I had a quick look, is this it?

ridgeback-st3-two-seater-2009-trailer.jpg

it's in good working order, i hardly used it.
    i'll take it out of the shed later and post a pic - it looks a bit like that one.....
    teacosy

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I could pay €100 for the Burley one can collect too! living in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 coppertop

I am interested in the D'lite. I won't be in Dublin until the middle of next week though so it may be sold by then. I will contact you next week if it is still available. Thanks.

Hi Drapper
    I couldn't let it go for €100. It's really in top notch condition, and is probably underpriced at €200.
    Ta.

Hi Coppertop,
    Keep in touch, i can meet you during the week if you want to come and see it.

Teacosy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gemcallaghan

Hi there,

I've sent you a PM. I'm in the Dublin area and could collect.

Many thanks,
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭JMJR

teacosy,
    PM sent concerning the goods trailer
    John

Both trailers gone to good homes.
    Thanks.

Advertisement