Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 years for beating a baby to death

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Maybe she'll get justice in prison, if not, bear patrol, definitely the bear patrol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Judge Carroll Moran said the severity of the attack could not be understated and it resulted in the completely unnecessary loss of the child's life.

And gets 4 years. Oh this county of ours is so nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Poly wrote: »
    What sort of a fcuked up justice system do we have?
    This scumbag should have got life.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0519/paczkowska.html

If only the child were a Garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

:(
    Why does the not so bon mot ' baby batter' keep popping into my head?

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Probably early release for good behaviour too, laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Horrible case. It does seem very light, and I await any details that may change my mind on that.

Also, the thought that she may have more children in the future, or currently have other children, and that these children may be reliant on an ineffectual social services system for protection worries me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Christ, why do all the news threads end up in AH? :confused: One or two is fine but, all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,789 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A filthy disgusting excuse for a human being. 4 years......

This was blatant murder, but yet again, securing
    a murder conviction here is much too difficult.

The real horror is that this is never a surprise in Ireland.

I see David Keogh got 4 years with 6 months suspended for the attack
    on the two Polish men. He has over 70 previous convictions...:mad:

Ruu wrote: »
    Probably early release for good behaviour too, laughable.

Probably? I think that's a given....

walshb wrote: »
    I see David Keogh got 4 years with 6 months suspended for the attack
    on the two Polish men. He has over 70 previous convictions...:mad:

This was blatant murder, but yet again, securing
    a murder conviction here is much too difficult.

Davy Keogh says oh no.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Bonito wrote: »
    Christ, why do all the news threads end up in AH? :confused: One or two is fine but, all of them?
    Where else should they go?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

WindSock wrote: »
    If only the child were a Garda.

Why? Then the sentence would have been 4 years suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

delta720 wrote: »

No, sure they are calling for 8 years on an assault on a Garda. That's only for assault, obviously a worthier sentance than for killing a child...

WindSock wrote: »
    No, sure they are calling for 8 years on an assault on a Garda. That's only for assault, obviously a worthier sentance than for killing a child...

Maybe Mick Galwey landed in with one of his super character references for the woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

delta720 wrote: »
    They'd have gotten off on self-defence tbh. And probably been compensated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Somebody should report her for running a head-shop, that's 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

when was the last time you heard of anyone getting a life sentence in Ireland,

in america you would get the death penalty, this is ridiculous,

i know some that got 11 years after their trailer broke off from their jeep and killed some1, a pure freak accident, then someone murder's a baby and gets away with 4 years. ? what a justice system.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Maybe she'll get justice in prison, if not, bear patrol, definitely the bear patrol.
    Irish prison system full of Irish mammys. She's going to be put through hell on earth when they hear what she did.

bmw535d wrote: »
    when was the last time you heard of anyone getting a life sentence in Ireland,

in america you would get the death penalty, this is ridiculous,

i know some that got 11 years after their trailer broke off from their jeep and killed some1, a pure freak accident, then someone murder's a baby and gets away with 4 years. ? what a justice system.

People do get life in Ireland, well, 16-17 years on average...Oops!

ScumLord wrote: »
    Irish prison system full of Irish mammys. She's going to be put through hell on earth when they hear what she did.

And who's to say that a lot of these aren't filty scumbags who couldn't care less, some even in for similar offences?

Either way we will be paying good money to make sure this animal is well fed, educated, protected and housed for the next 2-3-4 years. Great isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Clearly the fact that she went mental played a big role in it, it's probably manslaughter/diminished responsibility. Absolutely terrible thing to happen but given that the news report is three sentences long do we not want to wait to see if any more details come to light before passing final judgment?

bmw535d wrote: »

So it had nothing to do with gross negligence?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

And who's to say that a lot of these aren't filty scumbags who couldn't care less, some even in for similar offences?

Either way we will be paying good money to make sure this animal is well fed, educated, protected and housed for the next 2-3-4 years. Great isn't it?

Aye, we need to make prison life a lot tougher. Prisons are like hotels.

4 years is a ****ing joke. What will it take to make these sentences harsher/longer?

Clearly the fact that she went mental played a big role in it, it's probably manslaughter/diminished responsibility. Absolutely terrible thing to happen but given that the news report is three sentences long do we not want to wait to see if any more details come to light before passing final judgment?

Went mental?

Ah, the good old get you out of jail card. Anyway, from all reports I have read, this woman terrorised the child on many occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Poly wrote: »
    What sort of a fcuked up justice system do we have?
    This scumbag should have got life.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0519/paczkowska.html

Typical AH mentality. You demand life, but have you really thought about it?

Life sentences should only be given out for the most henious of crimes, such as supplying people with mephedrone, not something tiny like murder.

And besides, she's a woman :rolleyes:.

Went mental?

Ah, the good old get you out of jail card. Anyway, from all reports I have read, this woman terrorised the child on many occasions.
    So kind of you to share all these reports with us...

So kind of you to share all these reports with us...

Go seek them out. I also heard via my ears that she used to pinch and hit the child and pull the childs hair regularly. A right nasty piece of work.

And god only knows what other hardship that child endured before her death.

BTW, her excuse when she was seen beating the unconscious child at the top
    of the stairs was, "I was trying to wake her."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Ah but shes a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

And there goes another little bit of my faith in humanity...

• Advertisement

Go seek them out. I also heard via my ears that she used to pinch and hit the child and pull the childs hair regularly. A right nasty piece of work.

And god only knows what other hardship that child endured before her death.

BTW, her excuse when she was seen beating the unconscious child at the top
    of the stairs was, "I was trying to wake her."
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0512/kycwaks.html
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0122/1224262842627.html
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0513/1224270278831.html

First three hits on Google, and not one of them mentions any previous abuse. I'm not saying it didn't happen but facts rather than rumours would be nice.

Advertisement