Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

STOLEN: Alfa Brera 3.2

Options
  • 25-05-2010 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Alfa Brera 3.2 4WD Auto
    Reg 09D1413
    Chassis 05027689
    White exterior with red leather interior
    Below is a picture of the car that was taken at Top Gear Live

FIAT Group Ireland are offering a reward of €3500 to anyone who give them information that leads to its successful recovery.

If anyone has any information, please contact Dominic Holmes in Fiat Group Ireland.

Email: dominic.holmes@fiat.com
    Phone: 01 - 4034433

brerak.jpg

Should stand out from the crowd...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Stunning car so should stand out alright, where was it stolen from and when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That's all the details I got. SIMI sent it out to all their members, it was passed on to me. I'd say it's probably on a ferry, if not in the UK already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Saw that car in TG Live, assumed it was diesel/low engined petrol, didn't realise how special it was(until now), I really hope for everyone's sakes that that car is found. Few engines sound as good as an Alfa V6 does when it's on full chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

That car looks fantastic. Hope it's found in one piece.

Off topic but 3.2 on new tax...ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

How did someone manage to steal it? Would of thought security would be tight at an event like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭RobertM

Hope they find it in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

RobertM wrote: »
    Hope they find it in one piece.

Hope i find it and claim the 3.5k :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

3500? Is that all it's worth to them to replace it. Probably broken for bits by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

you woud think they would have fitted a tracking device to it if only to save the embarassment

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

How did someone manage to steal it? Would of thought security would be tight at an event like that.

Don't think it was actually stolen at TG live!Just a picture of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say that car is on the other side of the Irish Sea by now. A white Brera is rare here and pretty noticeable even by someone not into cars so whoever stole it would want it out of sight quickly before it is reported missing. I'd also say it was stolen to order, not too much demand for a 3.2 litre Brera here especially on the new tax system so the UK is the obviouse destination, maybe the authorities could be notified over there?

Pitty it didn't have a GPS tracker system fitted, hope it is found though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I'll keep an eye out steve but like the others have said, its probably gone across the water

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but I think the car is recovered. I've seen it at the Classic Car Live in Mondello along the Alfa stand, and it was in the GT900 as well.

DSC_0037.JPG

Yea a friend was driving it for the GT900. It's the same car.

Who got that reward then ? :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

steve06 wrote: »

/Q epic recovery story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

steve06 wrote: »

How and where was it recovered Steve?

delly wrote: »
    /Q epic recovery story?
    How and where was it recovered Steve?

Wish I could tell you lads but all I know is the car was there ready for the GT900. No mention of the recovery or what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

RobertM wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but I think the car is recovered. I've seen it at the Classic Car Live in Mondello along the Alfa stand

Hey RobertM, I'm confused, I saw a white Brera too at Mondello. The car at Mondello was a diesel if I remember correctly; the car stolen was a 3.2 V6 petrol?

Great show wasn't it?

Cheers,
    CM

CarMuppet wrote: »
    Hey RobertM, I'm confused, I saw a white Brera too at Mondello. The car at Mondello was a diesel if I remember correctly; the car stolen was a 3.2 V6 petrol?

Great show wasn't it?

Cheers,
    CM

There she is at the Mondello, the reg is the same :)

Indeed it was a great show.
    DSC00768.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

hmmmmm... I'm wrong again... twice today!

Did you have your car on the track by any chance? ;)

CarMuppet wrote: »
    hmmmmm... I'm wrong again... twice today!

Did you have your car on the track by any chance? ;)

I was in the Alfa stand with a silver 156 and only did the Alfa's parade lap. :D

Advertisement