Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hi-Fi for Surround Sound to go with Xbox 360

Options
  • 11-06-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭

Could any one recommend a Hi Fi to go with the 360, currently using a Panasonic 2.1 system which gives good sound but is there any hi fi's that might give a more surround sound that can be linked to the 360?

I really don't want to run wires all around the room so would just like a straight forward hi fi.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

I'm not being smart mate i'm just making a suggestion. Would you not invest in a turtle beach headset?

They're about 100 quid if you get them in GAME.

I got a pair for my birthday and i have to say it's one of the greatest things i've ever been given. The increase in enjoyment of the game is next to none.

Anyway just my two cents worth, if it's irrelevant just disregard it.;)

Especially if you're an MW2 fan, i'd sincerely recommend them as you can hear the direction of gunfire. enemy footsteps, birds tweeting, etc...

Can't talk them up enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I keep looking around wondering which way the horse is coming around in Red Dead, are they that good, is it full surround sound, would you hear someone coming up behind you?

Which headset are you using (X41?), see turtle have a few. http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/gaming-headphones.aspx
    A good headset would do the job;)

I keep looking around wondering which way the horse is coming around in Red Dead, are they that good, is it full surround sound, would you hear someone coming up behind you?

Which headset are you using (X41?), see turtle have a few. http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/gaming-headphones.aspx
    A good headset would do the job;)

I've the X31. Ye they are a brilliant piece of kit. I've heard sounds playing COD MW2 that i've never even heard before. You can hear people coming from all directions and gunfire position. Used them the first time last night and i honestly shat myself. Someone came up behind me using ninja pro and blew me away with the AA shotgun.

I'd recommend them mate.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I picked up the X11's yesterday in game for 49.99 and they are brilliant. You will need some sound system to replicate the level of detail you will get from these headphones.

Damm you, you have me looking at the x41, 200 euro for a set of headphones...

Do they need batteries, they won't recharge over USB?

• Advertisement

Damm you, you have me looking at the x41, 200 euro for a set of headphones...

Do they need batteries, they won't recharge over USB?

Nah man they need the wee batteries. Although i'm sure you can buy something to allow you do it. To be honest man i don't think it's a problem if you get rechargeables.

Btw the X31's are 110 quid in GAME in Liffey Valley if that price suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Most professional gamers/youtube fellas say that the X31 (stereo) are nearly as good as the X41 (7.1 surround), so if need to save the money, I'd go for them

I think the x41's might be a bit of a waste of money, the x31's should do the job, anyone know if game stop do them?

Back to the hifi, any suggestions?

Just had a look at my own hifi and I've a digital optical input but I can't see any connection to give digital out on the xbox elite, is there a special lead for that? Might try to get better sound out of my own set up with the 2.1 surround.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I've got the x4's and the newer x41's. Both are brilliant wireless headphones. Sound is excellent, although you do get a slight bit of crackling occasionally from interference on the x41's but I put that down to loads of electronics positioned beside it which I don't want to move.

XBL chat works brilliantly due to your voice being filtered back into the headset so you don't find yourself shouting. It also adjusts voice volume when the game gets loader, neat feature.

However, there's not enough advancement over the x4's, so find yourself a set of them on ebay and you'll get a complete bargin!

Expect about 10 hours play from rechargeable batteries.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just had a look at my own hifi and I've a digital optical input but I can't see any connection to give digital out on the xbox elite, is there a special lead for that? Might try to get better sound out of my own set up with the 2.1 surround.

What are you connecting to your TV with at the moment? There is a €7 cheap VGA cable available in HMV which has a port for Optical out and an Optical wire comes with it - there is some HDMI dongle you can get too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

mayordenis wrote: »
    What are you connecting to your TV with at the moment? There is a €7 cheap VGA cable available in HMV which has a port for Optical out and an Optical wire comes with it - there is some HDMI dongle you can get too.
    I thought that was the cheap madcatz one in Game with free optical cable..?

OP, if you have an optical in on your system, you can't use HDMI, you'll have to use your composite HD xbox cable thing that came with the xbox and plug it into that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I thought that was the cheap madcatz one in Game with free optical cable..?

OP, if you have an optical in on your system, you can't use HDMI, you'll have to use your composite HD xbox cable thing that came with the xbox and plug it into that...

I'm using hdmi for picture alongside optical sound connection to my x41s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

went into Gamestop yesterday morning and picked up a pair of the X11's for 59.99. Just gave them a run out on Red Dead there for an hour and it is a pretty impressive improvement. It's gonna be great not having to play with the sound down low anymore. The wife nearly bust a lung laughing when she saw me wearing them tho. Uber nerdy but at least she can't complain about the gunshots ringing through the house anymore.

Advertisement