Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

...I call Zerg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Xiney wrote: »
    ...I call Zerg

Zergling Rush... kekekekekekekekekekeke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

its all about the DT rush these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Have a good few peeps already! Any stragglers that got left behind? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i'm up for it but unfortunately i'm not in galway for the summer. be back in september though. :)

clicked to join the group as well. ACCEPT MY MEMBERSHIP :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Zergling Rush... kekekekekekekekekekeke!
    n00bs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

What is this website you link to. It's asking me to sign up, is this some kind of scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I've clicked to join!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Squareeyes on Saturday for a mammoth session???? Im talking Hours.

Modern Warfare2 Free For All........Lets do this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

What games do ye usually play?

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote: »

Modern Warfare2 Free For All........Lets do this:D
    Sounds like a plan. When I saw "gaming club", I thought yee were talkin about luggin around pc's. Scew that :D. I haven't got a machine worth talkin about anymore. Only game I've played on it is Torchlight and FM.

I'm fairly cack, but sure it's only a bit a craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Steyr wrote: »

All day rate 20 euro. well worth it if your going for 5+ hours :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

PM me fellas if ur interested???? Thinking 2pm-8pm.

whiteman19 wrote: »
    i'm up for it but unfortunately i'm not in galway for the summer. be back in september though.

clicked to join the group as well. ACCEPT MY MEMBERSHIP

Did you get accepted hun? I was asleep :pac:

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    What is this website you link to. It's asking me to sign up, is this some kind of scam?

No hun its called Facebook, It's a social networking site :)

K_user wrote: »
    I've clicked to join!

Did you get in? :)

Dunjohn wrote: »
    What games do ye usually play?

Oh lordy where to start... theres 24 people in the group so far.. which makes by the looks of things a good mix of games!
    We'd be talking online pc/xbox/ps3 games etc.. fighter/shooter/generally just awesome games lol!
    CoD...tekken...street fighter..WoW...BF2...CS...Halo.. etc.

Sounds like a plan. When I saw "gaming club", I thought yee were talkin about luggin around pc's. Scew that . I haven't got a machine worth talkin about anymore. Only game I've played on it is Torchlight and FM.

I'm fairly cack, but sure it's only a bit a craic.

Well we will be trying to set up a few LANS etc.. will be organised by a woman so you know it will be done right ;)
    I would bring my xbox and 32inch tv where ever for those who can't bring a pc etc. But yeah we could meet in internet cafes alright.. only problem is you can't drink beer :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Useless information for now, but I'll join when I get back to Galway...currently i'm some place much much prettier but I will be back eventually. Sounds awesome anyway.

Flojo wrote: »
    Well we will be trying to set up a few LANS etc.. will be organised by a woman so you know it will be done right ;)
    Meeow :p
    I would bring my xbox and 32inch tv where ever for those who can't bring a pc etc.
    That would be mighty cool of you.
    But yeah we could meet in internet cafes alright.. only problem is you can't drink beer :(
    I'd say there may be a few of us that would go to cafés often enough, myself and steyr for example. I'll join him and whoever else wants to come along on Saturday.

I'd really be up for a LAN (well just consoles for me obviously), if only for the craic ya have at them.

Mactard wrote: »
    Useless information for now, but I'll join when I get back to Galway...currently i'm some place much much prettier but I will be back eventually. Sounds awesome anyway.

Join anyways! Get to know the rest of us.

I'm in intruiged.. where is this awesome place?

I'd say there may be a few of us that would go to cafés often enough, myself and steyr for example. I'll join him and whoever else wants to come along on Saturday.

I'd really be up for a LAN (well just consoles for me obviously), if only for the craic ya have at them.

Im sure someone will let you have a go... when they're passed out lol! If not i'll let you on me lappy :)
    I should be there Sat too if i'm not too hungover!

Im sure someone will let you have a go... when they're passed out lol! If not i'll let you on me lappy :)
    Ah sure, I'm happy out on 360 or whatever.
    I should be there Sat too if i'm not too hungover!
    Same as that really. I don't drink much so I have to take it handy...

I was out the night of the last boards beers. In the same pub, but with a different group. I hadn't planned on really drinking at all, I just happened to get stuck in town that night. My last memory is that of my brother getting me a Jagerbomber shortly after arriving in the club (possibly CP's).

The last time I'd had more than 1 or 2 pints was last year. God help me... :D

At least it's nice and dark down in squareyes. :cool:

Ah sure, I'm happy out on 360 or whatever.

Same as that really. I don't drink much so I have to take it handy...

I was out the night of the last boards beers. In the same pub, but with a different group. I hadn't planned on really drinking at all, I just happened to get stuck in town that night. My last memory is that of my brother getting me a Jagerbomber shortly after arriving in the club (possibly CP's).

The last time I'd had more than 1 or 2 pints was last year. God help me... :D

At least it's nice and dark down in squareyes. :cool:

Well you can take over on my lappy when i'm kicking some nubs ass on Street fighter.. deal?

Nice one I won't need me shades so! Oh gosh CP's...really? From the sound of the place it sounds like hell on earth lol! :pac:

Well you can take over on my lappy when i'm kicking some nubs ass on Street fighter.. deal?
    Haha, k. Gettin my own "lappy" :p soon possibly. Won't have intergrated graphics but it won't exactly be an alienware job either. :D
    Nice one I won't need me shades so! Oh gosh CP's...really? From the sound of the place it sounds like hell on earth lol! :pac:
    I was drinking with a football team... Ya can do the math yourself... :eek:

I'd say my coat is still there... godammit...:o

• Advertisement

Haha, k. Gettin my own "lappy" :p soon possibly. Won't have intergrated graphics but it won't exactly be an alienware job either. :D

I was drinking with a football team... Ya can do the math yourself... :eek:

I'd say my coat is still there... godammit...:o

Haha fair enough! Ah ya lazy yoke, bet you lost your ticket now aswell?
    God I'm starving...

*wanders off into the kitchen to look for scraps of food*

Haha fair enough! Ah ya lazy yoke, bet you lost your ticket now aswell?
    I think I lost my patience waiting to have my coat taken...

Probably long gone. I liked the coat. Bit gammy if someone stole a club jacket though... :D

This has gone far enough off-topic in any case...

You might accept me into the FB group there when you get a chance. Cheers.

Any ideas when you'd like to have the next LAN?

There wouldn't be any people in my circle of friends who would go for it tbh. None who are around town anyway. :(

I think I lost my patience waiting to have my coat taken...

Probably long gone. I liked the coat. Bit gammy if someone stole a club jacket though... :D

This has gone far enough off-topic in any case...

You might accept me into the FB group there when you get a chance. Cheers.

Any ideas when you'd like to have the next LAN?

There wouldn't be any people in my circle of friends who would go for it tbh. None who are around town anyway. :(

Did you request to join? O.o I can't see it hun!

Well mini lan i guess on Sat but sure it will take about two weeks to organise a proper one. Busy time next week too with the arts festival. Im not really sure.. il try put it to a vote and see what happens :)

Not to worry we have a good crowd of nerds in there now.. sure evenif only ten show up it will still be good craic :) Il even bake cookies!

Did you request to join? O.o I can't see it hun!
    Oh wait, sorry... I'm in.
    Well mini lan i guess on Sat but sure it will take about two weeks to organise a proper one. Busy time next week too with the arts festival. Im not really sure.. il try put it to a vote and see what happens :)
    No hassle. Was just wondering what sort of time-frame you were looking at, in case you just had one and were gonna leave it a while or whatever. I'm good for most nights, given some notice, except Fridays. Will be time enough to work out the details in a couple of weeks anyway.
    Not to worry we have a good crowd of nerds in there now.. sure evenif only ten show up it will still be good craic :) Il even bake cookies!
    Only :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

*Checks Heartbeat Sensor...*

RAMIREZ! GET THEM COOKIES AND FALL BACK TO THE STRYKER!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

tldnr; when is it happening?

[edit] wait; I did read a bit - saturday and cookies ... I may miss the first session unfortunately but am interested[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

If you have a regular/semiregular group of people and time, it's always worth giving squareyes a call and talking to the business owner. You may well be able to get a decent deal for bringing a group in on a regular basis, esp if it's on a weekday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Some ARMA II would be nice.

I'll do a later one, all us city based football playing types are playing in the Mervue 6's this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'd be keen for this too although I've a wedding tomorrow night so Saturday could be a write-off :D

Advertisement