Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Cinema Club Voting #2

Options
  • 16-07-2010 12:33am

To ensure that you are kept up to date with the details of the meets and other such items, make sure you get in contact with me at galwaycinemaclub@gmail.com. Only the voting and the movie details will be given here

Once again it's time to vote for the movies you want to see at the next meet of the Cinema Club on Tuesday July 27th. The poll will be concluded on Sunday July 25th and the movie with the highest number of votes will be the one we watch.

The last meet was extremely successful; we managed to fill up an entire row - at the next one I want to see more people! It is open to everyone so feel free to come along!

These will be the movies you'll be voting for!

Inception
    Cast:
    Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Cillian Murphy
    Plot:
    In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a single idea within one's mind can be the most dangerous weapon or the most valuable asset.
    Trailer

Toy Story 3
    Cast:
    Tom Hanks, Tim Allen
    Plot:
    Woody, Buzz, and the rest of their toy-box friends are dumped in a day-care center after their owner, Andy, departs for college
    Trailer

Splice
    Cast:
    Adrien Brody, Sarah Polley
    Plot:
    Elsa and Clive, two young rebellious scientists, defy legal and ethical boundaries and forge ahead with a dangerous experiment: splicing together human and animal DNA to create a new organism.
    Trailer

The Rebound
    Cast:
    Catherine Zeta-Jones, Justin Bartha
    Plot:
    In New York City, a single mom captivates her new neighbor, a much younger man
    Trailer

The Tournament
    Cast:
    Robert Carlyle, Ving Rhames
    Plot:
    Every seven years in an unsuspecting town, The Tournament takes place. A battle royale between 30 of the world's deadliest assassins.
    Trailer

What movie will be watched at the next meet? 48 votes

Inception
    0% 0 votes
    Toy Story 3
    54% 26 votes
    Splice
    31% 15 votes
    The Rebound
    12% 6 votes
    The Tournament
    2% 1 vote

Comments

What movie would you all like to see win?

Was just thinking after seeing the email of the next two meets that one thing didn't seem to come up so far.

That is how the next two meets contain completely different films, would it not make more sense to maybe add close runners from the previous meet to the following one?(times and days dependent obviously)

Just after a quick read of the email it was obvious there were at least 2 if not more good choices in the next meet then the following one where nothing really stood out to me personally. I could see this one being close between Toy Story and Inception, maybe any films that get a decent number of votes could be added to the following vote?, i could see myself going for Inception/Toy Story if that were the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Come on Inception. Im gonna register a few more usernames to ensure victory:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Toy Story 3 has to win :) Gonna be going to see Inception as well, but would prefer to see Toy Story 3 with the cinema club. Saying that though, The Tournament does seem like a okay type movie. Robert Carlyle is a good actor, shame he isn't a proper assassin though would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Having seen both Inception and Toy Story 3, I was bloody torn with which one to pick. Both are fantastic.

Picked Toy Story though, for the sheer fun of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Hmmm, I'd like to join in, but weekdays are a little awkward work-wise.
    Going to Inception tomorrow though :D

Some pretty interesting voting so far. Toy Story 3 is in front by a hair's breadth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Voted Toy Story cause it'll be more fun with a group. Probably end up seeing Toy Story and Inception twice each anyway!

baldshin wrote: »
    Voted Toy Story cause it'll be more fun with a group. Probably end up seeing Toy Story and Inception twice each anyway!

I'd say you could be right.

Keep the votes coming, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

i hope to God it is Inception because I would like to come along to the Cinema club. Don't really want to fork out 10 quid on Toy Story
    so fingers crossed for Inception :D

• Advertisement

Inception is winning marginally. If this is the movie ye want to see win, get voting! I wouldn't mind seeing either Inception, Toy Story3 or Splice winning.. Splice and Inception are the most intriguing films in the poll

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Would love to come to this but I can't make it.

Word of advice : avoid The Rebound at all costs. And that's from 3 girls who really like "chick flicks". It's brutal. :)

There may be some surprises provided for the next meet - I will confirm once I get news via the mailing list over email. To be eligible to receive such news, you must get in contact with me at galwaycinemaclub@gmail.com.

I will be able to confirm over the weekend, so make sure you get in contact with me - such things will not be discussed on this thread, or anywhere on boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭higamos hogamos

Toy Story 3 uber alles.

Just saw Inception guys. Hope it wins cause I have never experienced anything like that in the cinema before, and I wanna go on the ride again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Ok hai... inception looks good but i think everyone has gone to see it already or plan on going to see it with other people. So I picked Splice...or that assassin thingy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Splice is a bit of a dark horse maybe! Plus I studied cloning extensively in college so it'll be good revision :P

I can now confirm that there will be some things raffled off at the next meet, thanks to the Management at the Eye Cinema. However, to be eligible to find out what this will be and to enter the raffle, you have to email me at GalwayCinemaClub@gmail.com

Thank you and much appreciation to the Management of the Eye Cinema.

I wanna win one of the original eye cinema uniforms :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mybabydoll

Hi hope i can make it, but its a mental week in the hospitality industry with the galway races on. fingers crossed i can cos i really wanna see toy story:) memorys of my younger days..................

• Advertisement

mybabydoll wrote: »
    Hi hope i can make it, but its a mental week in the hospitality industry with the galway races on. fingers crossed i can cos i really wanna see toy story:) memorys of my younger days..................

You'd be more than welcome to come along, but right now Inception is winning marginally, so make sure you vote for Toy Story 3 if that's the movie you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I was already on the original mailing list so do I need to email again or is it ok?

Asmodean wrote: »
    I was already on the original mailing list so do I need to email again or is it ok?

Nope - you only need to email once. It's just for any newcomers who wish to join and be entitled to any raffles/other things there may be.

Any current members are already entitled to be entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

baldshin wrote: »
    I wanna win one of the original eye cinema uniforms :p

Ah the blue jumpsuits. The height of fashion those things.

Ah the blue jumpsuits. The height of fashion those things.

Their time will come again, and when it does I wanna be prepared:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

I voted for Toy story!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

I'd be happy watching all bar The Rebound.

I'd be happy watching all bar The Rebound.

Yeah I hear God awful things about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'm gonna hit up Inception tomorrow, so I'm down for anything save Rebound. Catherine Zeta Jones should just hang up her face.

Picked Toy Story 3 though.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna hit up Inception tomorrow, so I'm down for anything save Rebound. Catherine Zeta Jones should just hang up her face.

Picked Toy Story 3 though.

Ya going to come to the next meet even if Inception wins?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement