Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish slating and catholic slating etc...

Options
  • 04-08-2010 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering why there hasn't been a ban on slagging off Irish and the majority of this countries faith? But it is all out attack on people for calling out other nationalities on their faults and other religions?
    I am seeing a very anti Irish sentiment on this site.Its an absolute disgrace.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

caseyann wrote: »
    I am just wondering why there hasn't been a ban on slagging off Irish and the majority of this countries faith? But it is all out attack on people for calling out other nationalities on their faults and other religions?
    Americans, English and Muslims get just as bad if not worse treatment.

Don't think anything like that should be banned myself, as some of it is quite justified imo.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Is any of it true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Americans, English and Muslims get just as bad if not worse treatment.

Don't think anything like that should be banned myself, as some of it is quite justified imo.

Funny i dont see that at all.Barr perhaps Muslims and thats very slight.If you cant comment on another nationalities bad points you shouldnt be allowed comment on any nationalities bad points.
    Calling Irish women fat and ugly and drink to much and are rude? Is justified? And catholics weirdos because they have their faith?

tbh wrote: »
    Is any of it true?

If you even think to try that one on me,then why was i banned for opening a thread for asking same of Africans and any other nationalities?

I don't know. Is that what this thread is really about? I also have no clue what you think I'm trying on you.

• Advertisement

I don't know. Is that what this thread is really about? I also have no clue what you think I'm trying on you.

Using the old is any of it true line to get me to say some of it is :D

No its about the Irish,and religion slating stuff,if its not acceptable to call other people out on their stuff then it shouldnt be about Irish either.

Ps "African"isn't a nationality

Using the old is any of it true line to get me to say some of it is :D

No its about the Irish,and religion slating stuff,if its not acceptable to call other people out on their stuff then it shouldnt be about Irish either.

Well of some of it is true, and you know it's true, why get upset?

And if some of it isn't true, and you know it isn't true, why get upset?

Ps "African"isn't a nationality

Well sorry for my ignorance i should have said what? Nigerians i could have seen that go down a treat? I was making it about all Africans white and black and indian etc..
    Point is if you cant do it about other nationalities then shouldn't be allowed about Irish,i take offence and so do others and its down right anti Irish.But if done about another nationality its not allowed? Explain that to me thanks

Well of some of it is true, and you know it's true, why get upset?

And if some of it isn't true, and you know it isn't true, why get upset?

Welll why then do people get tagged racist bigoted etc.. for calling other nationalities out or slagging them for been what ever religion.
    On top of that the thread about Mohammed been a pedophile? How is it allowed religion at all is slated?

• Advertisement

And tell us, what is it you don't like about all Africans?

And tell us, what is it you don't like about all Africans?

It was a joke towards the ones who are rude and bad drivers etc.. i dont have anything against Africans at all.I have great neighbors who are African and my best friend last 20 years is African from cape town.It is a ridiculous notion that if you cant call people out on their faults and attitudes that you have a problem with them.But yet its not allowed but anything goes about Irish.

Welll why then do people get tagged racist bigoted etc.. for calling other nationalities out ?

Let's stick with your original definition of "African" as a nationality. There are a billion people in Africa. You say "why does calling out a billion people make you a bigot". Callin out means attributing a certain type of behaviour to them which you dislike. So you are asking what trait that a billion people from Africa share, that is not shared by anyone else in the world, that you dislike.

Definition of a bigot:
    a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

Definition of prejudice: a. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts

So, your assumption that a billion people could share a common trait, because o where they come from seems to me like prejudice. And because of that, you appear bigoted

So maybe that's why

Let's stick with your original definition of "African" as a nationality. There are a billion people in Africa. You say "why does calling out a billion people make you a bigot". Callin out means attributing a certain type of behaviour to them which you dislike. So you are asking what trait that a billion people from Africa share, that is not shared by anyone else in the world, that you dislike.

Definition of a bigot:
    a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

Definition of prejudice: a. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts

So, your assumption that a billion people could share a common trait, because o where they come from seems to me like prejudice. And because of that, you appear bigoted

So maybe that's why

So having a load of people on AH saying all Irish women are ugly and fat and dress bad and have bad attitudes and Irish people are lazy and drunks and ugly and scumbags is allowed?
    Whats the definition of them threads about Irish and those who post that stuff?
    I dont have that assumption about a whole country( it was a joke thread),but they sure as hell can get away with it about saying about Irish and catholics etc..I am far from bigoted.

Whats the definition of them threads about Irish and those who post that stuff?

Idiots, really. But two wrongs don't make a right

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Well sorry for my ignorance i should have said what? Nigerians i could have seen that go down a treat? I was making it about all Africans white and black and indian etc..
    Indian africans? Fucking hate them cunts.

Idiots, really. But two wrongs don't make a right

But yet its allowed? I didnt do anything wrong,this is the laughable thing.If it had of been Irish thread no one would have batted and eye lid,and yet they are allowed tar a whole country with same brush?
    And i again say its a very anti Irish sentiment and anti catholic sentiment.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Indian africans? Fucking hate them cunts.

Do you even know any?

Do you even know any?
    Do you?

Do you?
    Yes they live across the road from me and wave at me everyday,keep to themselves quiet and sweet kids.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Point.
    Counterpoint.
    Same point made again.
    Same counterpoint.
    Same point made yet again.
    Request to read the previous two counterpoints.
    Same point made again.
    Brick wall stronger than keyboard.

Some of my best friends are counterpoints!

Point.
    Counterpoint.
    Same point made again.
    Same counterpoint.
    Same point made yet again.
    Request to read the previous two counterpoints.
    Same point made again.
    Brick wall stronger than keyboard.

Care to counter the point i made do you?Why would i blatant in a racist bigoted way make that thread? To get banned when i asked so much to get back? All you had to do is send me a pm and tell me what it looked like or ask me! But you didnt. Yous allow constant smart ass comments and character abuse towards posters on AH who dont fall into your category of buddies.And allow the constant slating of Irish people on there.
    You knew fine rightly what that thread was about and you decided to use it to ban me and twist it for the ban.

Yes they live across the road from me and wave at me everyday,keep to themselves quiet and sweet kids.
    Ugandan indians?

Ugandan indians?

No south African Indians.I dont believe i knew there was Ugandan Indians.

No south African Indians.I dont believe i knew there was Ugandan Indians.
    I went to school with one.

I went to school with one.

So you didnt like him?

No. I thought he was a fucking great bloke.

Did you not like him?

No. I thought he was a fucking great bloke.

Did you not like him?

I dont know him so how can i say if i liked him or not :) If you liked him thats good so why did you say you hated them in first place :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Care to counter the point i made do you?

No but do continue. It's certainly helping me to finalise my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement