Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Dobson back on radio

Options
  • 24-08-2010 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

So Brian is back on Radio 1 doing Morning Ireland. Is this just a holiday cover or is it permanent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭GSF

Holiday cover.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

That's interesting, must have a listen. He's on holidays from Six One, but I don't know how you could call getting up at 4am a 'holiday'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I miss Áine Lawlor ... she might be just after announcing the end of the world as we know it but she would still make it sound like there was nothing too urgent about it & sure no rush getting out of the scratcher. Laid back & cool no matter what that's what you need a 7am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Aine was on a few days last week if I remember correctly. Who is this Aoife Kavanagh that seems to have taken up residency on Morning Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Aoife Kavanagh is over from TV. She was usually reporting from overseas, but she wasnt an official correspondent. I have to admit when I heard Dobbo on the radio, my body clock was mightily confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Aine was on a few days last week if I remember correctly. Who is this Aoife Kavanagh that seems to have taken up residency on Morning Ireland?

I was on hols last week so missed Áine
    Aoife Kavanagh is very cross sounding ... can't be doing with cross first thing in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Callan57 wrote: »
    I was on hols last week so missed Áine
    Aoife Kavanagh is very cross sounding ... can't be doing with cross first thing in the morning

Aoife Kavanagh sounding anything other than monotone is news to me.

Jesus, get some fire in your voice woman.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

Callan57 wrote: »
    I miss Áine Lawlor ... she might be just after announcing the end of the world as we know it but she would still make it sound like there was nothing too urgent about it & sure no rush getting out of the scratcher. Laid back & cool no matter what that's what you need a 7am

Yeah bring her back quick; she's so laid back that it's frequently 7:30 when it's really 8:30, or vice versa. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

My morning Ireland Dream Team is

Cathal Mc
    Dobbo
    Christopher Mc Kevitt-Business
    Des Cahill- Sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭satguy

Is Dobbo still on 4K a week for sitting in a dark room for two hours on week day mornings ??

Forget Dobbo, Aoife Kavanagh is back on the radio??

She almost destroyed the reputation of Fr Kevin Reynolds, with no justification, and had to resign from RTE.

Now she's back in one of the most popular gigs in the land at the National Broadcaster? What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

The thread is 5 years old, so she's not back on RTE.

Ah Jayzus. Sorry, didn't spot that someone dug it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just to avoid confusion I'll lock this. A new thread can be started for discussion Brian Dobson if necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement