Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

being touched randomly

Options
  • 26-08-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

So yesterday i was waiting for a friend of mine at a dart station around 3pm when a man comes up to me. Now its obvious that he is very drunk or he has a mental disorder. He tried to firstly shake my hand, and i was getting a bit uncomfortable. He then proceeds to try and touch my breasts and pull the hair out of my face.

I told him to leave me the hell alone and went into the station. This guy follows me in. Now im very freaked out, the very kind ticket lady lets me hide out in her ticket boorh place until he leaves. She asked me if i wanted to contact the guards. I told her no that it was alright and he was just drunk.

The question i want to ask you guys is would ye have called the guards? the ticket woman told me that she has seen him around the station before bothering women but she cannot do anything about it until someone makes a complaint.

TL:DR: drunk dude touches your boobs and follows you, call the guards or not?

So what would ye do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

He was just asking for some tits, jaysus what has the world come into.. Womens rights and all that! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

How nice are your boobs?
    On a scale of 1-10?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Drunk guys try to touch my suckle breasts the whole time, it just means I still got it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Call them. If the ticket lady is aware of his behaviour it means it's not a once off. It's bad enough to do it to an adult who can just put it down to a bad experience but imagine if he did it to a younger girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

triseke wrote: »
    He then proceeds to try and touch my breasts and pull the hair out of my face.

You are a woman with a beard or a man with titrs???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

My question would be was there no security on there that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

So yesterday i was waiting for a friend of mine at a dart station around 3pm when a man comes up to me. Now its obvious that he is very drunk or he has a mental disorder. He tried to firstly shake my hand, and i was getting a bit uncomfortable. He then proceeds to try and touch my breasts and pull the hair out of my face.

I told him to leave me the hell alone and went into the station. This guy follows me in. Now im very freaked out, the very kind ticket lady lets me hide out in her ticket boorh place until he leaves. She asked me if i wanted to contact the guards. I told her no that it was alright and he was just drunk.

The question i want to ask you guys is would ye have called the guards? the ticket woman told me that she has seen him around the station before bothering women but she cannot do anything about it until someone makes a complaint.

So what would ye do?

call the guards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

In my defense, they were lovely bewbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

kfallon wrote: »
    You are a woman with a beard or a man with titrs???

if only! i wish had an epic beard of gandalf proportions but alas..

i think he was going for a "oh im such a romantic, il tenderly try to tuck her hair behind her ear" type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There's nothing like pretending to be drunk, to see how much groping you can get away without being arrested.

• Advertisement

Sonz wrote: »
    My question would be was there no security on there that day?

nope. there was only the ticket woman in the entire station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I wasnt drunk...you tight so and so...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Pics or GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

did this happen in athlone?

nope, Leixlip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Try posting int he ladies lounge rather then here if you want a serious set of answers from other women.

I wouldn't have let him touch me to begin with, going to shake your hand is a common tatic to get close to you and to hold on to you. If I had of been in that sitution I would have shoved him away and started shouting at him. On lookers won't know that he is a stranger and you have to yell out when crap like that happens.

As for ringing the garda it's hard to press charges on something like this, usually they'd just lock him up over night or get him to move on as the paper work and courts time on this is a lot of work.

Crap I know you were sexually assulated by a drunk stranger in a public place and harassed and intimidated so that you had to hide from him which is not acceptable what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Kick him in the ahem... privates next time, if there is a next time (hopefully not) No one will blame you. Plus it sounds like no one else would even be there to see it. Other than the ticket lady, who'd be on your side.

No one should be able to just grab you like that, but since nothing else can be done... swift kick in the groin is your only option.

must say it did freak me out quite a bit. If i see him again then i will def call the cops

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kick him in the ahem... privates next time, if there is a next time (hopefully not)

Burst his bollix with your heels when he falls down after said kick in the nads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Take it as a compliment

If you weren't attractive he would have ignored you and chosen someone else ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

kfallon wrote: »
    Burst his bollix with your heels when he falls down after said kick in the nads!

My balls just retracted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 zebeedee

So what would ye do?

This has happened to me and I grapped the person by the offending limb and asked them if they wanted it broken. Usually works, as they get such a fright they run. If this dosen't appeal, you should call the guards, nobody has the right to physically assault you and you are within your rights to be upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭mathie

No. Her breasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

So what would ye do?

I don't think the being drunk is an excuse for this type of behavior. If the guy was sober and did it you would probably call the guards, so I'd probably use the same criteria. It someone sexually assaults someone and say's they only did it 'cause they were drunk, I believe that they still are accountable for their actions.
    In the same way, if someone kicks the ****e out off a passer by at 3am, and says it was just because he were drunk, imho it's not much of a mitigating factor.
    What should you have to accept an assault just because the guy who touched you was p!ssed?
    I'd phone the guards and get the bollix arrested for assault. In fact there are probably CCTV cameras that have recorded the incident...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

zebeedee wrote: »
    This has happened to me and I grapped the person by the offending limb and asked them if they wanted it broken. Usually works, as they get such a fright they run. If this dosen't appeal, you should call the guards, nobody has the right to physically assault you and you are within your rights to be upset.

Next time he might not use his hands, and might be looking forward to a good grabbing of his offending member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

worst "i have a great body" post ever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Scream at him to attract attention and scare him off or knee him in the balls.
    He seems to be a serial offender, you'd think the station would have a bit of security if they know of a perv groping people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

the ticket woman told me that she has seen him around the station before bothering women but she cannot do anything about it until someone makes a complaint.

That's such bull, she can't do anything unless someone complains? Of course she can. She should have rang the guards without asking you, the second she saw you were in distress. After she let you into her office of course.
    nope, Leixlip.

Where's the dart station in Leixlip? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Ah being bullied, is this one of those situations in life were if you cant remember someone else being the bully then its becasue the bully was you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ah being bullied, is this one of those situations in life were if you cant remember someone else being the bully then its becasue the bully was you?

I think you meant to post on the other thread ;)

Advertisement