Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin tracksuit brigade strike again...Leon jumps in the Liffey (NSFW)

Options
  • 07-09-2010 3:59pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So the knacks strike again with top quality mobile phone footage of some lad "Leon" jumping into the River Liffey down by Liberty Hall for a 50 euro bet. NSFW tags because of that wonderful accent and bad language :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Fool.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

My city makes me so proud

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

If only it was the Golden Gate, if only...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Fool.
    Did you have the volume turned down or wha'? He's clearly not a fool but a "mad ting".

Did you have the volume turned down or wha'? He's clearly not a fool but a "mad ting".

I actually did have the volume turned down. I heard the mad thing part though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Sunny weather, clean river. I am seeing it all over the country, lads jumping in rivers, using bad language in the Shannon in Athlone, the Boyne in Navan, the Corrib in Galway... Don't see what the problem is.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Sunny weather, clean river. I am seeing it all over the country, lads jumping in rivers, using bad language in the Shannon in Athlone, the Boyne in Navan, the Corrib in Galway... Don't see what the problem is.

I know where you are coming from but do you know how dangerous it is?
    If you want water go to a beach like Bettystown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

"hear... that young wans handicapped, if she jumps in she'll die..." :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

"A oner"
    Must be one hundred euro, I never heard that phrase before

Would have been a shame if the water was shallow and he got two broken legs!

I hear you
    However, people have drowned off the Quincenntinial (sp?) bridge over the Corrib

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I was hoping he'd drown at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

A bit more chilled out but along the same lines....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

''she's a handicap head''

:D

I hear you

He didn't drown, looks like the tide was slack, he can swim strongly. I have done it plenty of times in the Liffey and the Corrib.

Don't see why you would like to see him break his legs or drown.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The lads from Jackass do something similar and they get a TV show and eventually a film deal, a lad from Dublin does it and he's a knacker. Snobbery much?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Leon, what a hero...
    Know people that got Weils disease after swimming in the Liffey, not advisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Do these mindless twits represent the future of our country?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Do these mindless twits represent the future of our country?

Nope, the present. :pac:

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Know people that got Weils disease after swimming in the Liffey, not advisable.

Shyte talk. It's tidal there and flowing, salt kills Weil's and it doesn't occur in flowing water. Done the Liffey swim, swam in the Liffey, canoed the river, trained for two years and competed in East coast skiff races on the river and completed in the Liffey descent numerous times, never got sick. You are just a pure snob that doesn't like a young fella with a Dublin accent having a bit of craic swimming in the Liffey coming up with tall tales about diseases. End of. ;)
    mindless twits

I presume you were a whole bag of sense and cop on when you were his age.

• Advertisement

Shyte talk. It's tidal there and flowing, salt kills Weil's and it doesn't occur in flowing water. Done the Liffey swim, swam in the Liffey, canoed the river, trained for two years and competed in East coast skiff races on the river and completed in the Liffey descent numerous times, never got sick. You are just a pure snob that doesn't like a young fella with a Dublin accent having a bit of craic swimming in the Liffey coming up with tall tales about diseases. End of. ;)

Not shyte talk, person I know did the Liffey swim and got Weil's disease from it.
    I'm not a fancy Harvard scientist, but just because you didn't catch anything from being in it, that doesn't mean that others haven't.

Not shyte talk, person I know did the Liffey swim and got Weil's disease from it.
    I'm not a fancy Harvard scientist, but just because you didn't catch anything from being in it, that doesn't mean that others haven't.

What year did this happen? Have you a link about this "story" cause it's a very very serious accusation against the organisers and the event. Also, it's a bizzare and incredibly unlikely thing to happen. The tidal eastuary is very clean and supports numerous wildlife and fishlife that simply can't survive in polluted water. I am very familiar with the competition and there has never been a report of anyone contracting Weil's disease in the race. Safety and health is an important factor in all open water events. Can you pm me all the necessary info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

It's an irresponsible place to swim, not least because it's going to waste the emergency service's time. Usually if there's someone in the liffey it's a suicide attempt and the gardai respond accordingly to anybody in it.

Leon, the mad ting that he is, seems very easily led. I don't see a bright future ahead of him.

Here Nicole....fcuk off.......:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Dublin lads having a laugh on a summer's day speaking with a Dublin accent shock.

Meanwhile, the internet tut tuts.

What year did this happen? Have you a link about this "story" cause it's a very very serious accusation against the organisers and the event. Also, it's a bizzare and incredibly unlikely thing to happen. The tidal eastuary is very clean and supports numerous wildlife and fishlife that simply can't survive in polluted water. I am very familiar with the competition and there has never been a report of anyone contracting Weil's disease in the race. Safety and health is an important factor in all open water events. Can you pm me all the necessary info?

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=6620

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=3183

I don't have a link about the person I know, does everyone who gets sick get a newspaper article about them?
    Can't remember the exact year, think it was around 2007.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Dublin lads having a laugh on a summer's day speaking with a Dublin accent shock.

Meanwhile, the internet tut tuts.

you say that like there's nothing wrong with speaking with a dublin accent

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=6620

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=3183

I don't have a link about the person I know, does everyone who gets sick get a newspaper article about them?

Before you edited your post you asked for an apology in writing and you had another link about the Liffey swim.

You now have two links about Weil's disease cases in the upper Liffey concerning canoeists. I know one of the paddlers that contracted the disease and that was from walking out through stagnant still water before actually launching on the river. A close canoeist friend contracted the same disease on the Slaney in Wexford. This is common throughout Ireland, rats are rats, they urinate constantly and when you get stagnant water and rats, with a cut, you get Leptospirosis. Any farmer will tell you this. You don't get it in salt flowing water.

So, you will be waiting for that apology (in writing)

Didn't happen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

xkcdwrongoninternet.jpg

• Advertisement

Before you edited your post you asked for an apology in writing and you had another link about the Liffey swim.

You now have two links about Weil's disease cases in the upper Liffey concerning canoeists. I know one of the paddlers that contracted the disease and that was from walking out through stagnant still water before actually launching on the river. A close canoeist friend contracted the same disease on the Slaney in Wexford. This is common throughout Ireland, rats are rats, they urinate constantly and when you get stagnant water and rats, with a cut, you get Leptospirosis. Any farmer will tell you this. You don't get it in salt flowing water.

So, you will be waiting for that apology (in writing)

Didn't happen.

It did happen, but whatever.

I'm going to make up a story about someone I know contracting Weil's disease? For what reason?

Good night...

Advertisement