Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I swear - you couldn't make this schite up!

• 13-09-2010 5:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Credit due to Oceanclub who drew our attention to the following in the politics section.

Minister of State for Science - to launch anti-science book!

oceanclub wrote: »
    Just when you think that Fianna Fail can't surprise you any more, this happens:

Darwinism?The Origin of Specious Nonsense Book|EVOLUTION IS A HOAX|Irish Author John J May

Someone from Atheism Ireland rang the author and, yes, Conor Lenihan, Minister of State for Science, Technology and Kebabs, is launching a book that claims that evolution is a hoax.

I just rang Lenihan's constituency office and yes, it was confirmed that this is absolutely true. The person who answered claimed that merely because a Minister for Science is launching - and therefore giving credence to - a book that attacks science, it shouldn't be taken that Lenihan agrees with the book!

See: http://www.atheist.ie/2010/09/science-minister-lenihan-to-launch-book-calling-evolution-a-hoax/

If that ain't a HUGE big "Fcuk-you" to every science teacher and scientist in Ireland - whom he's supposed to be representing - I don't know what is!

Pure crazy, given the office he currently holds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Just read this in the other thread. Ridiculous ****ing ****e this country goes on with. He better be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Evolution is a hoax.

http://imgur.com/XnJyK.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Conor Lenihan is a hoax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

sure between the uk firing professor nutt and now this bull you'd think people would realise these fools who snaked their way into the ultimate gravy train couldn't give a hoot for science/reality!!

not one bit surprised at all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

If evolution is a hoax, its a fairly elabourate one.

People that believe the earth is 3000 years old and that we were created as man are Braindead.

Evolution is only a theory, but its one of the most bullet proof theories there are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

snyper wrote: »
    If evolution is a hoax, its a fairly elabourate one.

People that believe the earth is 3000 years old and that we were created as man are Braindead.

Evolution is only a theory, but its one of the most bullet proof theories there are.

You're most likely preaching to the converted.

Don't even think there are many theists on Boards that argue against evolution.

But if there are bring them on (with or without their tennis balls :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's the next step in the FF inspired / controlled evolution of the Irish state.:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

This has to be a firing offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

This is a link to john J May (as he's written it!!) blog.

They should put him forward for the Darwin award

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I'm pretty sure you just made up the word "schite"..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What an absoloute laughing stock of a country, is the whole thing one big hidden camera show?? If Jeremy Beadle wasn't dead I'd be half expecting him to pop out and laugh at us all.

Ah well, at least he won't have to pay tax on his book earnings (assuming some clowns actually buy it).

Fianna Fail - regress your intelligence 50 years, vote now!

http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/money_weblog/2009/04/the-10-highest-paid-politicians-in-the-world.html

Sorry, missing link :p

http://open.salon.com/blog/john_j

mconigol wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you just made up the word "schite"..........

It evolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

smcgiff wrote: »
    You're most likely preaching to the converted.

I had a secondary school teacher insist when i was 12 that the earth was 3000 years old, i at 12 insisted it was somewhere in the region of 4,5 billion years old.

I really confused him with Time dilation.

He thought i was an idiot.

Perhaps he was right

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bellabidul

just where is this country heading to with this type of rulers?

JustinOval wrote: »

Ah don't explain my joke! You're stealing my thunder :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Feeona wrote: »

What a gimp. He can't even write a proper introduction for himself, never mind a book.

Conor Lenihan, you should bow your head in shame for promoting this nonsense. You are an embarrassment to this country, an embarrassment to politics, and an embarrassment to mankind.

Absolutely pathetic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

What a joke. It really shows what kind of GOON's are running this country (Into the ground). Why cant we do anything about these people other than have a "vote" every few ****ing years..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Bellabidul wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Evolution can bite my ass.

Evolution can bite my hairy ass.

You're welcome : P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Bellabidul wrote: »

Ireland has a long and rich history of state sponsored stupidity. The Catholic church and the State are still very much in bed as they have been for decades.

This development doesn't surprise in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭seensensee

John J May sounds like he has Neanderthal in his DNA...

"Intermixing does not surprise paleoanthropologists who have long argued on the basis of fossils that archaic humans, such as the Neandertals in Eurasia and Homo erectus in East Asia, mated with early moderns and can be counted among our ancestors—the so-called multiregional evolution theory of modern human origins. The detection of Neandertal DNA in present-day people thus comes as welcome news to these scientists. “It is important evidence for multiregional evolution,” comments Milford H. Wolpoff of the University of Michigan, the leading proponent of the theory." http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=neandertal-genome-study-r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

smcgiff wrote: »

Have you seen the Creationism thread on the Christianity forum? Be very, very careful what you wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

nummnutts wrote: »
    What a gimp. He can't even write a proper introduction for himself, never mind a book.

Conor Lenihan, you should bow your head in shame for promoting this nonsense. You are an embarrassment to this country, an embarrassment to politics, and an embarrassment to mankind.

Absolutely pathetic.

He's an embarrassment to womankind also .. but we are hopeful he will evolve into something :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

How could evolution be real? We have had 80 years of Fianna Fail and these bunch are the most stupidest useless bunch yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What are you guys on about?
    isn't this whole evolution thing bunked already?

I mean, the banana! look at the way it fits perfectly into the human hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Did anyone read the interactive sample of the book he provides on his page - he's taking about cell division in pregnancy and basically he comes to the conclusion that cell division is caused by god because how else would the cells know how to develop into a baby...

What's the odd that the entire book just picks out some random bits of proven scientific fact and says well how does it know to do this... therefore god made it...

How comes glue is sticky - well it's becaus X lalalalalalal - but this is caused by god because how else would it work....

it's a disgrace that our minister for science is being even associated with this book never mind launching it:mad::mad::mad: just when I though we were finally starting to make progress on the state and it's religious policies and laws :mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement