Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes 600 on parade 10/10/10 ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The Great Leader deserves nothing less.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I wouldn't like to be the mechanic if one of those 600's developed an issue on parade. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Seems he has 2 of only 59 Pullman Landaulets ever built. 49 were LHD, 10 were RHD. I wonder who got the RHDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

very nice well spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

Dades wrote: »
    I wouldn't like to the mechanic if one of those 600's developed an issue on parade. :pac:

he might have stuck a nissan 2.8 in her years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Max_Damage wrote: »
    The Dear Leader deserves nothing less.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The king of Thailand has one RHD landaulette and it was covered in last months Mercedes Magazine. Uganda's Idi Amin also had a Laudelette which was bought before compulsory LHD in 1972. I think that one was featured in the 1983 Bond Film ''Octopussy'' when it was seen driving away from the auction house in London So there are 7 left to account for!:)

There is one pick-up.............probably built from a write-off!

KHM%20Cover%20A%20Hi%20Res_edited-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

nice tight turning circle demonstrated on the video !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

All his current Pullmans are home built in NK and are fitted with Lexus V8's and V6's

Once they stopped being supplied with parts from Germany they stripped, copied and built new ones.

However they couldn't sort some of the parts such as the AC and ended up with air ducts that take air straight from the engine bay.

I suppose they are different and were both sanctioned by Paul Bracq but still.......

http://www.mbgrand600.com/Page86.html

.....and this one has a turbo for good measure

http://www.mbgrand600.com/Page81.html

but this is just wrong

http://www.mbgrand600.com/Page236.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

There's one known hearse too......

That W100 hearse is back in Germany, in Ulm.

20050905_13_4.jpg

Some more stuff from Karl Middelhauve here.

Looking at the photos I can only ask Mercedes why the feck did it take until 1979 until they built an estate? :mad:

image2421.jpg

image2432.jpg

Seriously cool 600 coupe

1965_Mercedes_600_SWB_Coupe_Custom_Rear_1.jpg

Now i see where the fad for chrome arches came from on mercs...started with the 600 only Merc with them fitted by factory.

bijapos wrote: »
    Looking at the photos I can only ask Mercedes why the feck did it take until 1979 until they built an estate? :mad:

image2421.jpg

image2432.jpg

They are S-Class estates, not the 600...but they did built estates in Belgium called the Universal....

G Luxel wrote: »
    They are S-Class estates, not the 600...but they did built estates in Belgium called the Universal....

LOL, I know that, I just think they look great and its a pity you cant get a classic Merc estate apart from the W123 or W124.

This seems to be a pretty good guide to all the variants that they built:

http://www.oocities.com/motorcity/speedway/5350/pullw100.htm

came across this one, its a real mix of motors......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTymPvNcemHBzauzcf09BgxPDXVbheqhXyiyOXqavXtmDBwst0&t=1&usg=__dMq6qo0RCw32ZHufL_4d7anTAng=

amg1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

johnos1984 wrote: »
    All his current Pullmans are home built in NK and are fitted with Lexus V8's and V6's

Once they stopped being supplied with parts from Germany they stripped, copied and built new ones.

However they couldn't sort some of the parts such as the AC and ended up with air ducts that take air straight from the engine bay.

......how did you come by that information ?

Posted before........one of 4 original Irish reg'd 600's

Image0154.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

MercMad wrote: »
    ......how did you come by that information ?

The explanation can be found here in a thread on the main motoring forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056058085&highlight=north+korea

If you have any specific questions just ask and I'll see if he can answer them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

A 600 Limo has been banger raced too,i cant find the pic i had of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

A 600 Limo has been banger raced too,i cant find the pic i had of it though.

Junkyard had a pic of it on an old thread

73744.jpg

I have a picture of one being crash-tested, must find it. I also have a sales brochure dated 2001....was there a few of them built back then?

For a minute there, I thought that was a Ford Granada Mk2 estate, very similiar rears.........:)

It seems that there are 3 examples of that black W140 estate still for sale with AMG, available for €325,000 each, 7.3l AMG engine, less than 10,000km on each. They were ordered for the Sultan of Brunei, he ordered 15, AMG built 18 but only 10 were ever picked up. The above one is a RHD, I've no idea where the others are but I read on a German BMW forum that one is supposedly a police car in Dubai.

God knows how fast it goes but this pick up below is pretty awful imo.

w140-s73-amg-pickup.jpg

IMG_0061_2946_big.jpg?1280325281

IMG_0076_4370.jpg

I saw a 560 SEL like this in Munich once or twice, it was used for filming, I thought it was a fairly elegant example. The above one was built from a crashed rear ended car by Zender. They used the roof off a W123 from the sunroof back, the side windows are from a W124 estate and the boot uses parts off the rear of a W126, part is bespoke and the rear window is a W123. Its a 1987 model, the conversion was done in 1990.

When the owner got the car the rear suspension was sagging so he modified the self levelling suspension using parts that were used in the W116 6.9 model.
    The above car is in the hands of a collector Ralf Weber in Germany, took him a few years to track it down, its one of only 4 ever built by Zender. SGS probably built 2 and there are possibly another 4 W126s, coupes and saloons built as estates.

JA6T0922_DxO_6796.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

Dades wrote: »

i heard elvis got it for a song

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭2.8trooper

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/MercedesBenz/600/auction-325862644.htm

saw this one advirtised on trademe nz's equivilant of ebay nice history

Advertisement