Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Documentary Clery's Clock; Seeking Participants!

• 04-11-2010 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I am a 4th year Media Arts student in DIT Aungier Street and am currently producing a short radio documentary as part of my final year assessment.

My documentary is centered around Clery's clock as an iconic object in Dublin and a well-established meeting place.

I have conducted two interviews to date, and am looking for more people to share any stories they may have of waiting under neath the clock, whether it was for a date, to meet friends, etc. I would also love to interview anyone who happened to be at the unveiling of the new clock in 1990.

There is no story too small and what I am to achieve with this documentary is create a sense of nostalgia and celebrate an iconic location in Dublin.

The interview would require a half hour of your time, an hour at the most. The interview would be recorded, of course, but no images or pictures need to be captured. I am very flexible with time and locations.

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could get back to me with an interest in being involved in the documentary.

Many thanks, and awaiting your reply,
    Sinead Vaughan
    sineady_vaughan@hotmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

If you're doing a documentary on it, it is probably best you spell it right- its Clery's, not Cleary's!

I've given it a plug on CHTM and hope you get a few replies- good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I remember this one time back in the nineties I arranged to meet a friend there at 8PM to go for a few pints. I got there at 7:55; he showed up a few minutes later then we went to the pub. The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SineadVaughan

Thank you for that!

Advertisement