Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natter thread for Le Loup

Options
  • 05-11-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Basically a thread for you to say stuff until you've got the 25 posts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭neolithic

I have seen some of your posts with regard to your intrest in living history. 1700's .It's good to see you here and I look forward to you sharing some of your wisdom with us .
    Tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just curious about what the purpose of this thread is.
    Is there a 25 post get-in to some parts of boards? I lurk a bit these days but don't actively participate much at all so I may not be up to speed.

**EDIT** Ah I see, 25 posts before you start a thread.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭preacherman

neolithic wrote: »
    I have seen some of your posts with regard to your intrest in living history. 1700's .It's good to see you here and I look forward to you sharing some of your wisdom with us .
    Tony.

I've seen Le Loup's stuff on other sites too and would be delighted to see them here .. interesting stuff ...

Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I don't normally do this but he seems like such an interesting character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Completely lost, who is Le Loup?

Edit: went down a few threads and found out, looks like an interesting guy alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

sounds interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Mac2010

Evil Phil wrote: »
    I don't normally do this but he seems like such an interesting character.
    couldnt agree more.:) We need him here.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Hey, Le Loup,
    Is that compass you put a picture up of on another thread a replica or the real deal? If it's the real thing, an eighteenth century compass, have you have to do anything with it to keep it in good nick?

How heavy is your kit, without grub and water? How does it stack up to modern gear?

Donal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

will somebody please point le loup in the direction of the bushcraft thread thanks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Le Loup

Donny5 wrote: »
    Hey, Le Loup,
    Is that compass you put a picture up of on another thread a replica or the real deal? If it's the real thing, an eighteenth century compass, have you have to do anything with it to keep it in good nick?

How heavy is your kit, without grub and water? How does it stack up to modern gear?

Donal

Thanks Donal, I was wondering how to get started!
    The sundial compass is a copy of an original. Nothing special needed, it is very robust.
    My pack weighs roughly 8klg or 16lbs, but that is with food, blanket, oilcloth and a pair of spare moccasins, tools and gun repair tools and spare parts etc. I don't like modern gear, and do not see the need for it. My equipment is built around long term wilderness survival, modern gear will not give me that. Having said that, the other reason I use 18th century equipment is that I am an 18th century living historian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirueIdBiMc

Sorry, but the video link does not work on this forum. I had hoped to show you my knapsack and everything in it.
    Regards. And thanks Phil.

• Advertisement

I've seen Le Loup's stuff on other sites too and would be delighted to see them here .. interesting stuff ...

Andrew

You made my day mate, thank you.
    Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Basically to embed a youtube video you take a youtube URL in this case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirueIdBiMc

And you take the value that v equals. So look for v= in the URL and the value is eirueIdBiMc. That's the bit that goes between the youtube tags.

Evil Phil wrote: »

Basically to embed a youtube video you take a youtube URL in this case:

And you take the value that v equals. So look for v= in the URL and the value is eirueIdBiMc. That's the bit that goes between the youtube tags.

Well I never did! I have always used the full URL on other forums.
    Thanks Phil.

My thanks to everyone for their complimentary and encouraging comments, very much appreciated.
    Regards.
    90solsticeparty00.jpg

This is the way I usually camp in winter, though I also use my half-faced shelter I built some years ago in Fox Valley.

A half-faced shelter is pretty easy to construct, certainly a lot quicker and easier than building a log cabin. This makes a good hunting lodge or just a semi-permanent camp in the woods. I use this one a lot in winter and despite it being open at the front I remain reasonably comfortable.
    img08212.gif
    img0820s.jpg

Post 25? Heh Heh Heh (evil chuckle).

Advertisement