Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSL Season 1 teams list

Options
  • 15-11-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Okay people, we have the teams made and are finalising the ruleset. We hope to have this underway soon enough. Just to notify, there's been a change on how the fixtures for each gameweek are going to work. Rather than having the blind nominations of which player plays on which map, the admins are going to create the fixtures for each week with the aim of making them as fair as possible. In the majority of cases people will play someone within one league of themselves each week. There may be the odd exception due to the skill distribution of people but those cases should be rare.

Without further ado the teams for the first season of the BSL are as follows:
    (I've put an Irish flag beside every name but I'm sure we have some non-Irish taking part, just let me know and I'll change it. Same goes for the race icon, I did my best to tell what race you play from your profile but I'm sure some players might have changed.)

Team 1:
    83419496.gifzergd.png Xios.763
    83419496.gifzergd.png Pixelburp.397
    83419496.gifterrm.png EIRELEGEND.458

Team 2:
    83419496.gifterrm.png Sinister.947
    83419496.gifterrm.png Chicks.979
    83419496.gifzergd.png Nesf.796

(can only post 15 images per post so gonna have to split this up into a few posts, hopefully it can be merged or something ¬_¬)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Team 3:
    83419496.gifzergd.png dest.231
    83419496.gifterrm.png Dappergent.301
    83419496.gifterrm.png JackQ.167

Team 4:
    83419496.gifterrm.png Khazidhea.617
    83419496.gifterrm.png Furyio.731
    83419496.giftoss.png pinkfart.634

Team 5:
    83419496.giftoss.png Funky.793
    83419496.giftoss.png Grime.937
    83419496.gifzergd.png Xanfel.451

Team 6:
    83419496.gifterrm.png Tayto.872
    83419496.gifterrm.png Bogger.165
    83419496.giftoss.png Brimur.155

Team 7:
    83419496.gifterrm.png Mordeth.565
    83419496.giftoss.png puzl.505
    83419496.gifzergd.png orena.514

Team 8:
    18488116.giftoss.png Baal.918
    83419496.gifterrm.png vanyd.850
    83419496.giftoss.png Anotheridiot.834

Team 9:
    83419496.gifterrm.png Dustaz.268
    83419496.giftoss.png lejneb.369
    83419496.gifterrm.png Bramble.974

Team 10:
    83419496.gifzergd.png Royalmarine.574
    83419496.gifzergd.png deadlocked.566
    83419496.gifterrm.png Swooshticles.755

If you want to decide amongst yourselves on a team name PM any one of TheDOC, owenz0r, The_Keeper or myself (aka Furyio, dest, Tayto & Funky) and we'll update the league with your name. You can also e-mail us at BIE.SC2.L(at)gmail.com

We're planning on having a weekly newsletter with the fixtures, results and anything else interesting we can think of so if you want to receive this then let one of us know your e-mail.

Cheers to all for signing up, hopefully this can be a success!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And the very best of luck to everyone taking part !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Apologies in advance doods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

DapperGent wrote: »
    Apologies in advance doods.

Its ok. I'm on your team.

Apologies to you as well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

sorry funky, i cant merge posts that break the rules either.

perhaps kharn or devore might be able to help, but sadly, it wont be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Woohoo, love it!! Good luck everyone! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 owenz0r

Agent J wrote: »
    Its ok. I'm on your team.

Apologies to you as well ;)

There'll be no apologising on my team! :P (except for playing that race!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

for anyone else who is interested in useless stats, total numbers of each race involved.

zergd.png: 6
    terrm.png: 16
    toss.png: 8

Terran scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Playing as Zerg these days, though it's tough going at the moment.

Other than that, good luck all. I apologise to my team in advance. :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Suddenly I feel all inadequate, am teamed up with 2 Plat players!!!

Time to settle on a play style and start practising, wheres that scrap of paper with the thor rush BO on it!!

Edit: good thing its a relaxed fun league!

Tenger wrote: »
    Suddenly I feel all inadequate, am teamed up with 2 Plat players!!!

Time to settle on a play style and start practising!

ah dont worry about it. everyone has their weakness / strenghts to bring to the team.

no one is perfect here.

cant wait. and yeah terran scum! cant wait to get this going!

Guys if your interested in subscribing to the newsletter please email me at

vector110@gmail.com

Wont be pushed doing one weekly if there isnt a decent enough subscription base.

It is essentially a drop every week with fixtures, league table, results , news, updates and hopefully a player interview every week :)

If your interested let me know and hopefully I can get a mailing list going and get to work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Make the subscription sign up mandatory at first maybe?

Cant force subscriptions on anyone to be honest :) It is best they willingly apply, also makes me see if its worth the effort.

Alot of people might be happy enough with the twitter updates and boards updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭brimur69

Thanks for organising this. Should be a laff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Finally got my arse onto IRC - I seem to disconnect a bit tho.

Really looking forward to this. I was going to play Toss tho, not Terran ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Can't wait for this. An excuse to play more now officially in the bag. Since I can't afford to play football anymore (ridic subs and training fees these days) this will take the twice weekly two hour training slot :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Trotts

I realise teams are set now as I caught this a little too late to sign up. Would there be any room for replacements in case someone drops out?

If we have available spots I'm certain we can announce and have people slot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Would they be a permanent team change or just a ringer? Just for arguments sake... it's good to have a system in place for that kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Any idea when the brackets or what ever is being done for the 1v1s gonna be up? I have exams coming up so want to make sure I can play games and have enough practice ect.

Fixtures are being finalised, I'd say Funky might drop some info this week on it, I've been occupied the last few nights so hadnt really been able to see whats happening, but theres a good few peeps working behind the scenes on it so I'd imagine things will press on this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Cool Cool,

If any work is needed you can give me a call.

not to rush anyone, or put any pressure, but college exam timetables are out this week, and i need to put a LOT of effort in to ensure i get my 70%+ this year, so any info on when the bsl is going to be running would be ideal as i could then decide if i will have enough time to play, etc.

:D

Trotts wrote: »
    I realise teams are set now as I caught this a little too late to sign up. Would there be any room for replacements in case someone drops out?

Yep we'll allow replacements for people who drop out. It may have to be within reason though to keep teams relatively even. I'll take down your name though and get in contact if a slot pops up.

I'll be putting up the fixtures tonight in the hope of getting this going as soon as possible.

Just so everyone realises, this isnt something that finishes in a week.

With fixtures going on a weekly basis, your looking at easily 4-6 weeks of playing games before seeding happens.

The whole point was having 7 days to organise matches at players conviniances. So granted that there is the rush and thrill to get things going, your playing like a match a week,

Its a marathon, not a race lads ;)

• Advertisement

oh i know that dude, i was just wondering if the skates could be put on for a schedule to be released, so i could compare it to my timetable. i have about 1-2 weeks of exams comin up soon.

Advertisement