Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inferno XV - Exchange, Temple Bar - 04/12/10

Options
  • 18-11-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭

Only a couple of weeks away so having a thread would be handy.

Inferno XV will be held in the Exchange again on Saturday the fourth of December. As always anyone who can bring equipment, please do.

Doors will open at 10:00 for casuals and registration. The tournament itself will start at 12:00. If you're coming you can let myself or Dan know and we'll do our best to accommodate you but can't guarantee anything once the tournament has started.

The cost remains the same. It's €5 in, which covers the venue and then it's €10 into the tournament which goes towards prize pot.

Format and Rules:
    Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

Format is as follows, a seeded group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

Should we get 64 attendants, the tournament will be run with pools rather than groups. The pools would be 16 man double elims with the top 4 of each pool going through to the top 16. It would be first come first served with the last couple of people having to play in a play-off group(s) to get into pools.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. No white track suits please.

Will you be there? 29 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    89%
    RyPPCJimPlaceboA-TrakayjayirlchopperbyrneK.O.KikiUberPrinny_BaalDoctor DooMFutureGuyKirbyDreddybajsSairusDoyler01meducationKen BBourketheJerkSpeed Boatpdbhp 26 votes
    Maybe
    10%
    bushBlood-MartyrBanjoB 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    its my birthday, I EXPECT FREE WINS FROM ALL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

No
    And mine 2 days after it on the 6th!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    And mine 4 months later on the 8th!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    good stuff, looking forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DPjohnny

Ill be playing dressed as Santa. I'm sure not to lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

No
    Suggestion:

I believe 4th place should get their fee refunded. It would be a nice bonus/reward for a decent showing.

No
    Ken B wrote: »
    Suggestion:

I believe 4th place should get their fee refunded. It would be a nice bonus/reward for a decent showing.

3rd place doesn't exactly get much more than their fee refunded as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    Maybe in Soviet Russia, Ken.

In NON-COMMUNIST America Ireland, you get top 3 or you get zilch!

No
    How much do exchange charge or what percentage do they take?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    I believe we had agreed to €3 of every €5 which would leave a bit left over for community funds (to pay back Dan for buying four monitors out of his own pocket), but they only charged us €50 last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

20 quid prize for the person with most perfects.

Also, I'll be there.maybe.

No
    I believe we had agreed to €3 of every €5 which would leave a bit left over for community funds (to pay back Dan for buying four monitors out of his own pocket), but they only charged us €50 last time.

anyone know how many people we got last month? 27 replied yes to poll but i believe it was less than that ? I hate to revisit the entrance fee again but i still believe €15 is a slightly high price for a monthly tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    We had 25 people last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

Another suggestion... can you sticky this thread? last inferno slipped to the bottom and i completely forgot about it. Ill try to make this one with seth (maybe).

I think €15 is reasonable if most of the money was up for our taking but you gotta cover overheads, so really i think we're just stuck with it.

Game-on

No
    We had 25 people last month.

€375-€5O = €325

How much of this goes towards community equipment ? and whats the 60/30/10 cut? We should pay dan back in full asap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

€250 euro went into the prize pot.
    €90 went back into the community (We had some people who came for the day and only paid the €5 entrance fee)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    Does anyone have a projector? Now that we have all the equipment ever made ever, we could put the last 16/8 up on the projector?

Does the Exchange have one there?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Does anyone have a projector? Now that we have all the equipment ever made ever, we could put the last 16/8 up on the projector?

Does the Exchange have one there?

Yes the exchange has a projector. We're building up to use it, just trying to get properly comfortable there.

No
    Orim wrote: »
    Yes the exchange has a projector. We're building up to use it, just trying to get properly comfortable there.

Bring a pillow :D. Should be easy enough to setup for at least one of the screens tbh.

Suppose we could try it. What the worst that could happen..... :confused:

No
    I think €25O is a lot for the prize pot. Thats first place taking €15O, i think we should limit first prize to a €1OO, or €115 given that we have X number of attendees, rest either should go on equipment.

• Advertisement

No
    Placebo wrote: »
    I think €25O is a lot for the prize pot. Thats first place taking €15O, i think we should limit first prize to a €1OO, or €115 given that we have X number of attendees, rest either should go on equipment.

This would also allow for the community as a whole to benefit when a large turnout happens. I am sure, for example, we could maybe sub Brian for the significant cost of the equipment he has been buying for the last couple of months. I know he wouldn't ask or even want it but that's not really the point. Or to pay back Dan more quickly.

I am not complaining about how it is now just think that Farz's suggestion merits consideration. (One of the rare times he says something of value :p)

No
    I disagree, I think things are fine the way they are, unless Dan specifically thinks himself that he needs to get paid back faster.

A healthy prize pool is an important factor in making the tournament attractive to people who travel for it (which hopefully in the near future will begin to include people from overseas).

Also I doubt anyone on the committee has a problem with paying Brian back for the equipment he's bought once Dan's money has been gotten back, but we can definitely discuss it anyway.

No
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I disagree, I think things are fine the way they are, unless Dan specifically thinks himself that he needs to get paid back faster.

A healthy prize pool is an important factor in making the tournament attractive to people who travel for it (which hopefully in the near future will begin to include people from overseas).

Also I doubt anyone on the committee has a problem with paying Brian back for the equipment he's bought once Dan's money has been gotten back, but we can definitely discuss it anyway.

Yey - prob right. if all are happy then leave it as is so. Just stop the Cog this time lads - I know I wont!

Farz - you actually don't matter so.......

No
    Realistically speaking inferno - a monthly tournament is never going to attract an overseas crows. This will only happen if we have an annual , bigger event.
    These ranbats are great get togethers and they only thing that would attract more people is a lesser fee and a bigger crowd. I dont think the fee is justifiable anymore, specially given the rent of the venue. In fact If anything a 'wages' should be considered for the promoters, example if DAN and BRIAN were to leave. No videos/site. Not that they would agree to it, i just think there are other places money could go in hand, either that or reduction of fee.
    Just a recommendation, committee should give it a thought.

No
    They're not ranbats, and the thought that a monthly tournament won't attract an overseas crowd isn't true imo - UK guys regularly go over to Paris for Bushido, and there've been some notable European players at Guard Crush the last while (obviously that's a bit rarer though).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    Just stop the Cog this time lads - I know I wont!

I'm on the job.

Forgot to say that I should be there.

Hopefully I'll be able to leave the monitors there so as not to miss post inferno beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

No
    Will be there with the same friend. Could someone take a controller converter if they have one :p? That would do me a big favour

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

No
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    Will be there with the same friend. Could someone take a controller converter if they have one :p? That would do me a big favour
    I'll have a converter and I shall be there

• Advertisement

No
    The Hound wrote: »
    I'll have a converter and I shall be there

home-alone.png

Advertisement