Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrade help

Options
  • 13-12-2010 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

CPU
    i5 750 4ghz Motherboard
    msi p55 gd-65 Memory
    corsair ddr3 dhx 2x2gb 1600mhz Graphics Card
    asus gtx275
    Hard Drive
    1tb samsung f3 Power Supply
    corsair hx620 Case
    haf 932 green
    CPU cooling
    true 120 OS
    win 7 ultimate 64 (free from ms on launch day)

my current pc specs above im changing my cpu to a i7 875k geeting a brand new 1 for 200 so gona change gpu thinking 2 of these http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4122063/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-5770-1-gb-gddr5.html but will my power supply be enough as i will be overclocking the i7 just run one hd it will be a 2tb f3 or am i better just going 6870 but kinda like the idea of the xfire look

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

HD5770 is a downgrade :P

CF is good on the HD6000 but I'm not sure if the optimised drivers affect HD5000 the same way. And on that note you'll be held to ransom by said drivers if you go multi-GPU and if you want to play a TWIWMTBP title... good luck. nVidia pays developers to cripple or remove CF compatibility in many demanding modern titles nowadays :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

right then 6870 it is now what one to pick anyone got any idea,s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

massy086 wrote: »
    right then 6870 it is now what one to pick anyone got any idea,s

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/7594810/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-6870-1-gb-gddr5.html

Reference Sapphire card with 8% off, cant go wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

the amount of hassle ive had trying to get a refund off pix is ridiculous. waiting 2 weeks for them to scan my item in, after they received it back. one email threatening a paypal dispute and suddenly the backlog of returns disappears and my item is scanned pretty much straight away. they are a pack of chancers. its okay if you get away with nothing being wrong with your order but i wont be taking that chance ever again as its just not worth the small saving. check out their reviews online

also i should mention i paid for the fastest delivery option, which i believe is 2-3 days. what they dont mention is it takes them about 3 days to pick the items out then 2-3 days to deliver it. i got mine a week after ordering, having paid a premium for the service.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I had the same with a much cheaper item - but I had only paid for basic delivery. On my doorstep in five working days :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement