Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 42 " Full HD 1080p € 469 & LED € 599- Currys Sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

I take it Freeview is MPEG-4 Saorview yeh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

Jim236 wrote: »
    I take it Freeview is MPEG-4 Saorview yeh?
    Yeah, they're MPEG 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Anything on Samsung 50" Declan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

my cousin moving out of the house today, and has taken his 50 inch plasma panasonic with him (the bastard :p )

my old 32 inch just does not look the same in the sitting room so will be interested in what deals ye have !!

iMax wrote: »
    Anything on Samsung 50" Declan ?
    Plasma or 3D ?

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    my cousin moving out of the house today, and has taken his 50 inch plasma panasonic with him (the bastard :p )

my old 32 inch just does not look the same in the sitting room so will be interested in what deals ye have !!
    Have a click on the Sale banner on currys.ie. That'll give you a link to the 4 page pull out that's going into the press with all the key deals. All prices will have downloaded to the product pages on the site by tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

is there any reduction in the price of the 50" samsung 3d plasma? or anything similar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

Hmmm,

SAMSUNG 42" 600HZ PLASMA HD READY

LG 42" 50HZ LED FULL HD

And the Samsung's been at this price for a few days, as I was considering it a few days ago.

Hmmm,

SAMSUNG 42" 600HZ PLASMA HD READY

LG 42" 50HZ LED FULL HD

And the Samsung's been at this price for a few days, as I was considering it a few days ago.
    Dunno about the Samsung but I can guarantee you the LG wasn't that price in PC this morning. Good to see that my competitors are busy on Christmas Eve evening.

is there any reduction in the price of the 50" samsung 3d plasma? or anything similar
    We're sticking with the 3D offer with BluRay and glasses and the Shrek pack at €1099

• Advertisement

Dunno about the Samsung but I can guarantee you the LG wasn't that price in PC this morning. Good to see that my competitors are busy on Christmas Eve evening.

Well, ye're still (95c) cheaper on it anyway.:p Not accusing you of anything, just making sure you don't get any of the wrong kinda surprises over the next few days.:) Their delivery charges would mean it'd be worth my while going to Curry's in Cork anyway.

Well, ye're still (95c) cheaper on it anyway.:p Not accusing you of anything, just making sure you don't get any of the wrong kinda surprises over the next few days.:) Their delivery charges would mean it'd be worth my while going to Curry's in Cork anyway.
    Bring on competition ! Nothing like it.

But let's not forget about service too. We'll not only deliver it for free, but we'll take it to the room you want it in, remove it from its packaging and take all the packaging away too. We'll wall mount it too if you like for € 99. I've always said I'd pay € 200 for a wall mount, as I'd never get it level and I'm sure if I tried it myself I'd end up like yer man in the Currys ad

Bring on competition ! Nothing like it.

But let's not forget about service too. We'll not only deliver it for free, but we'll take it to the room you want it in, remove it from its packaging and take all the packaging away too. We'll wall mount it too if you like for € 99. I've always said I'd pay € 200 for a wall mount, as I'd never get it level and I'm sure if I tried it myself I'd end up like yer man in the Currys ad

Until the MD of Power City comes onto this site and is as open and helpful as you, ye'll get my business any day. Happy Christmas to you.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Harvey Norman, 56'' Full HD Philips LCD.Was €4,000 Now €1,249
    Ambi Light Spectra 3 Technology
    2650 x 1080p Resolution
    80,000:1 Contrast Ratio
    1ms response time
    Philips Pixel Perfect HD Engine
    Net TV

St Stephen's day sale starts 9am Nationwide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman, 56'' Full HD Philips LCD.Was €4,000 Now €1,249
    Ambi Light Spectra 3 Technology
    2650 x 1080p Resolution
    80,000:1 Contrast Ratio
    1ms response time
    Philips Pixel Perfect HD Engine
    Net TV

St Stephen's day sale starts 9am Nationwide!
    not much cheaper than RS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah, they're MPEG 4

Is that definite? LG site says both are standard Freeview which isnt much use here. Freeview HD models are 42LD490 and 42LE4900.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Like Bucks73, I'd be interested in confirming this too as I am thinking to go in and buy on in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

can you not order online through the currys website?
    when does this sale go live?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Like Bucks73, I'd be interested in confirming this too as I am thinking to go in and buy on in the morning.

All the big LG sets are MPEG4 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Plasma or 3D ?

Plasma, full HD if possible

• Advertisement

Thanks Mooman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Ditto. Think Ill pay a visit in the morning.

Our TV deals for Sale go live online and on TV from 20.00 tonight, so a first look here on boards.

We're leading with 2 LG deals.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/LG-42LD450-42andquot-Full-HD-LCD-TV/297508/339.0
    This is down from € 569 to € 469. And it's for all the Sale period. None of this limited stock, queue in the snow and it's all gone lark on the 26th

Argos have come in under ye on the 42LD450 TV Declan, are ye going to match it?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5368644.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Declan - would PC World be having anything similar do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

You having any deals on 40-42inch Full HD LED's with 100Hz ? The one above has 50hz.

kensutz wrote: »
    Declan - would PC World be having anything similar do you know?
    You'll get the same deals in PC World. We'll be carrying less stock but they'll also be available

Argos have come in under ye on the 42LD450 TV Declan, are ye going to match it?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5368644.htm
    What I'm seeing here is that it cannot be reserved for store pick up. Oldest trick in the book this, we put it out there on offer with oodles of stock in the store for customers to buy tomorrow and over the next few days. Argos undercut the price to make themselves look good but they've no stock ! So you'll have to order it and how long is that going to take ?

If stock was available our price match policy kicks in with 110% of any difference. But we implement price match when a competitor actually has product.

This is an ancient trick, gets you into store and then it's " unfortunately we don't have any more of that one, but we do have this bright shiny new model that's perfect for your needs". The only reason Argos are at that price is because we've promoted. You're obviously free to buy it at that price if you want to wait a few weeks but I'd obviously prefer if you'd come to what we call a "Real Sale", with stock to take away or be delivered in a couple of days

NeVeR wrote: »
    You having any deals on 40-42inch Full HD LED's with 100Hz ? The one above has 50hz.
    Is there a particular one you're after ?

LanceStorm wrote: »
    can you not order online through the currys website?
    when does this sale go live?
    09.00 tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

tut tut declan, you said you'd be taking the day off ;)

Advertisement