Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fine Gael's website hacked

• 09-01-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

http://finegael2011.com/

Fine Gael's website has been hacked by the infamous group of internet hacktivists Anonymous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

I don't believe it.

About time they started putting their attention to improving this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Oh so it has.......

..... anything good on telly tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

It looks fine to me.

Warning, it trying to download something as well! :eek:

Spam shields are up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

While it loads it valiantly tries to be the normal page. Then 'rebellion' devours it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Colmo52 wrote: »
    It looks fine to me.

look again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Colmo52 wrote: »
    It looks fine to me.

Give it a sec... Ah, there it is, a tiny insignifigant piece of info. If you're going to go to all that trouble (maybe it was easy, but a gardai investigation will probably follow) add something better.

Nothing is safe, you put your faith in this political party and they take no measures to protect you.

They offer you free speech yet they censor your voice.

I don't know what they're on about - I don't put my faith in f*cking Fine Gael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

If they were going to go to the trouble of hacking a website, they could have at least made it funny

Stick up the video of Inda on American Idol maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

why would you even bother?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

kippy wrote: »
    look again.

I exited the page before the message came up.I Saw it second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Danbo! wrote: »
    Give it a sec... Ah, there it is, a tiny insignifigant piece of info. If you're going to go to all that trouble (maybe it was easy, but a gardai investigation will probably follow) add something better.

I'm sure "Raepsauce and Palladium" will be shaking in their boots :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,076 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They so deserve that, hope it teaches them to support Irish Jobs the next time they get their website overhauled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Not quite, someone put some javascript in the comments box, the page isn't touched, just badly designed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

And yet the websites of other poltical parties are unaffected, including Fianna Fáil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

And yet the websites of other poltical parties are unaffected, including Fianna Fáil.

Yes they were different sites and did no have this vulnerability.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Did...did someone forget to sanitize their data inputs?

An Irish developer wouldn't forget to do that!

For shame Mr. Kenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

These hackers are like what Fine Gael will be after the next election - have all the power but do feck all with it.

FAIL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

tuxy wrote: »
    I know, but I would have expected something like this to happen to Fianna Fáil before FG, disregarding the weaknesses of the FG site.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I suspect it could be someone else claiming to be them, though it's impossible to tell. No reason for anon to care about FG.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

:
    I know, but I would have expected something to happen like this to Fianna Fáil before FG, disregarding the weaknesses of the FG site.

FF 's is laughable enough without any outside help.:pac::pac:

tuxy wrote: »

A likely story.

I think we all know what's going on here. It's been pretty widely known that Mary Harney has been taking computer classes lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

While the comment with the javascript were posted to the FG site by some ne'erdowells the site wasn't actually hacked. The message seems to be a generic anti-politics message, probably used on many sites.

Agree with Spears, the fact comments aren't stripped of <script> tags is a result of poor development/design.

It's more a defacement than a hack, as there was no hacking going on.

Your website is ready.

This site has been successfully created and is ready for content to be added. Replace this default page with your own index page.

Well that didn't last too long, kneejerk reaction if you ask me, disable comments and remove offending comments and you'd have a better solution. I suppose the NOC guys can't go poking around like that though.

There's also the curious case of the Plesk Default Page on http://finegael.org ...

While the comment with the javascript were posted to the FG site by some ne'erdowells the site wasn't actually hacked. The message seems to be a generic anti-politics message, probably used on many sites.

Agree with Spears, the fact comments aren't stripped of <script> tags is a result of poor development/design.

It's more a defacement than a hack, as there was no hacking going on.

But somehow I think the media reports on this tomorrow will not spot the difference!
    OMG! We iz hacked! Tweets Fine Gael leader Kenny

• Does anyone have a screengrab of what the message was?

Does anyone have a screengrab of what the message was?

Does anyone have a screengrab of what the message was?

jj78nn.png

Feel free to throw it into your own page : http://www.1888932-2946.ws/AlexanderAlvaro/E-DocumentManager/gallery/Asyl_und_Migration/de.js

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wonder if it has anything to do with this

Advertisement