Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Thread

• 15-01-2011 4:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Elliott Skinny Shampoo

Thought the NBA warrants a thread of its own on here, there's a few posters around that seem to be interested in it and instead of filling the chat thread or logs with talk about it, I thought it'd be better to have a thread for it.
    I could be wrong though.:P

Starting to take more interest in it myself lately, that interest isn't equalling money though.:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

ya it does , nice call..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Elliott Skinny Shampoo

Fúckin PP have no live market for Portland @ Phoenix.:(

But they do however, have a live market for Adelaide United Women v Perth Glory Women in football, where's the sense in that?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Im on Suns to win this game now 13/8 (3pts down at h/t), terrible start and missing some easy baskets but surely they will pull it together in the 2nd half...

Good shout on the topic btw, im having a dreadful night betting so far, Knicks were a disgrace to the game ffs.

Kod-box wrote: »
    Im on Suns to win this game now 13/8 (3pts down at h/t), terrible start and missing some easy baskets but surely they will pull it together in the 2nd half...

Good shout on the topic btw, im having a dreadful night betting so far, Knicks were a disgrace to the game ffs.

ya i hope they do, i hate the blazers...:D
    how much have you on them.?

covering earlier bets i thrw €150 on

another €150 now on Suns (+2.5pts) @ 5/6, they're losing by 1pt so i think them odds are insane.

• Advertisement

covering earlier bets i thrw €150 on

another €150 now on Suns (+2.5pts) @ 5/6, they're losing by 1pt so i think them odds are insane.

i would be with cha on it but im trying to stay to a to a strict staking strategy.

best of luck

Up 1pt now with Nash on the bench, come on!

edit down 1pt...close game...bring Nash back on ta fúck :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Nice win for the suns.

Game Over Suns win 115-111

Steve Nash you are a gentleman :D

Game Over Suns win 115-111

Steve Nash you are a gentleman :D

well done,that 3 pointer by him did it..nice lump won there..;)
    out of interest why didnt you put it in the log??

• Advertisement

My log is cursed for b'ball bets man, supersticion is why :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good shout lads. I was literally going to PM pyro today,wouldn't a Basketball Sub forum be a good shout or is it just me?

Anyone having anything on Heat at Bulls?
    LeBron is expected to play tonight so that's obviously a plus for Heat, but Chicago have won their last 7 home games so they'll be tough to beat.

Think I might take Heat(-2.5) @ 10/11 and double it with Magic(-7.0) at Timberwolves @ 10/11.

Not going near the Heat game. I have magic -7 too along with Nuggets -15. And portland straight win and a bet that is escaping me.

The one I couldn't remember was sacramento. They are getting hammered into

Solid enough bets I'd say, Cavs are terrible.
    Yeah the Miami game will be the closest of the night I'd say, but I'll probably watch it so I said I might aswell have some interest in it.:pac:

Raptors +5.0 @ 10/11 against the Wizards is decent, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Great idea for a thread.

3 bets for me tonight.

Toronto V Washington
    under 209.5 pts 1.94 on betfair
    They have a combined points per game total of 197.5, Washington may have both Blatche (16.1 PPG) and Young (15.9 PPG) out while Toronto may be missing Barbosa (13.4 PPG)

Sacramento v Detroit
    under 199.5 pts @ 1.9 on betfair
    They have a combined PPG of 192.2

Orlando V Minnesota
    Under 208.5 pts @ 2.02 on betfair
    They have a combined PPG of 201.6 and Minnesota may be missing Beasley (20.9 PPG)

baz2009 wrote: »
    Solid enough bets I'd say, Cavs are terrible.
    Yeah the Miami game will be the closest of the night I'd say, but I'll probably watch it so I said I might aswell have some interest in it.:pac:

Hopefully man,Sacramento look a danger bet,but they've been playing fantastic ball lately,beat the Lakers last week too.

Anyone know for sure if LeBron is back tonight??

http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27054600

Hard to know, doubtful is all I can find.

• Advertisement

Hmm I might chamce them +2 anyway, although overs is very appealing, after a 30 pts hammering they should be fired up for the win though.

I've seen that he's expected to start around a few places.

The lines are gone now on Boyles and its both teams 91/100 so he must be playing

Wizards win by 3.
    Heat up by five and Orlando down by 7 at HT.

Woddle wrote: »
    Great idea for a thread.

3 bets for me tonight.

Toronto V Washington
    under 209.5 pts 1.94 on betfair
    They have a combined points per game total of 197.5, Washington may have both Blatche (16.1 PPG) and Young (15.9 PPG) out while Toronto may be missing Barbosa (13.4 PPG)
    Wins

Sacramento v Detroit
    under 199.5 pts @ 1.9 on betfair
    They have a combined PPG of 192.2
    Lose

Orlando V Minnesota
    Under 208.5 pts @ 2.02 on betfair
    They have a combined PPG of 201.6 and Minnesota may be missing Beasley (20.9 PPG)
    Wins

2 from 3 ain't bad a huge half of scoring destroyed me in Sacramento

Wizards win by 3.
    Heat up by five and Orlando down by 7 at HT.

Heat lose by 3 and Magic win by 9. 2/3 predictions ain't bad. Even if the double lost.:o

For tonight I'm thinking of, any thoughts?

Denver +7.5 V Spurs @ 1.83 on PP
    and maybe to go over 211.5

LA Lakers -5.5 V Clippers @ 1.94 on betfair

I'm not touching either of those I don't think. Clippers have been playing some great ball lately and at home against Lakers,they're not gonna want to lose in front of their own fans.

Edit: I am an idiot. Not touching that,I'd go Clippers on the spread if anything

Clippers are to unpredictable for me this season to back or back against, tbh. Lakers are on a good streak, atm and they hopped off the Cavs, though. Clippers +5.5 would be safer than Lakers -5.5 I'd say, but don't take any notice of me.:P
    Think I might go over 196.5 points, though. Combined, the teams score an average of 202 points and concede 197 per game.

San Antonio v Denver will be a class game, I'd say. Two of the highest scoring teams and Denver are leaking points an unreal amount. Overs being 211.5 is a bit too high, imo. If it was 206.5 I'd be all over it, but I'm not too sure about 211.5. Denver scored 130 against a LeBron-less Miami, though so it's very possible that it could get over 211.
    If Denver play like they did against Miami the +7.5 should be pretty safe I'd say.

• Advertisement

Did you mean San Antonio baz?
    Clippers had a nice roll going too though,only ended when losing to GS. Won 8 of their last 12.

Advertisement