Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Billy7878

found it lets hope it doesnt take too long to go to france from TO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Just got the email to say that my application was refused, due to missing forms/documents not in compliance blah blah....

Spent the last hour and a half reading through every post in this thread and cannot think what I have left out. Apart from maybe one thing in my CV that I left out as it wasn't a job only work experience for college. But I didn't think that would be a big problem. I've sent all the original garda certs and bank stamps and everything!!

So frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭myleftfoot

Just got the email to say that my application was refused, due to missing forms/documents not in compliance blah blah....

Spent the last hour and a half reading through every post in this thread and cannot think what I have left out. Apart from maybe one thing in my CV that I left out as it wasn't a job only work experience for college. But I didn't think that would be a big problem. I've sent all the original garda certs and bank stamps and everything!!

So frustrating!!

How would they know you've left that out?

Its in my CV but not in the additional information bit. I was only there for 3 months tho so I didn't think it would matter.

Its in my CV but not in the additional information bit. I was only there for 3 months tho so I didn't think it would matter.

People have been saying they need to match up but I don't know if anyone has definitly been rejected by it.

Keep us posted when you do get it back.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Will do. Only got my refusal email a while ago so hopefully it'll be back to me by next week and I'll find out what I did wrong...

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hanlon01

Hi, Just got my visa sent to London for Evaluation phase 2 today.Just wondering has their been a lot of rejections at this stage?I want to book flights before they get too expensive.Thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

hanlon01 wrote: »
    Hi, Just got my visa sent to London for Evaluation phase 2 today.Just wondering has their been a lot of rejections at this stage?I want to book flights before they get too expensive.Thanks for any replies.

Its probably best to wait for at least another few weeks to let it go through,as some people were refused a few days after their application was sent to uk on a different thread a while ago. Wait until another few weeks anyways.. I am not farmilar with regard to refusal in uk after waiting the full waiting times. No one was refused up til now doh , after waiting the full 4-8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tt GalIrl

Got my refusal email last Friday and my application back today. The reason it was declined was because on my Garda cert, my name was spelt Thomas rather than Tomas.

Went up to the Station tonight to get a new one and they asked me for my birth cert Ffs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Zodiac2000

tt GalIrl wrote: »
    Got my refusal email last Friday and my application back today. The reason it was declined was because on my Garda cert, my name was spelt Thomas rather than Tomas.

Went up to the Station tonight to get a new one and they asked me for my birth cert Ffs...

Christ almighty - that could happen to anyone to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

tt GalIrl wrote: »

Are u serious! Thats fair embarrassing carry on from a first world country's embassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

just got a rejection email there myself :(

again, absolutely no idea as to what I did wrong, I spend hours and hours checking to see if okay and have found no common mistakes on this thread that I made.

I'm on the USIT allocation as I only decided to apply at end of Jan and didn't want to miss places...have USIT the 300e plus 250e deposit towards flight which leaves on june 2nd..no idea where this leaves me now. I wrote down and filled in all forms exactly as they told me to.

Anyone on a USIT allocation have this problem, and if so is your place still guaranteed by USIT if you re-apply?

AHHHHHH I do not need this stress atm!!!

monkeerina wrote: »

again, absolutely no idea as to what I did wrong, I spend hours and hours checking to see if okay and have found no common mistakes on this thread that I made.

I'm on the USIT allocation as I only decided to apply at end of Jan and didn't want to miss places...have USIT the 300e plus 250e deposit towards flight which leaves on june 2nd..no idea where this leaves me now. I wrote down and filled in all forms exactly as they told me to.

Anyone on a USIT allocation have this problem, and if so is your place still guaranteed by USIT if you re-apply?

I believe that USIT ensure your place but as I'm not with USIT I'm not 100% sure.

I actually thought that USIT would double check your documents before sending them in?

I assumed everyone getting rejections were going it alone.

Did you go to usit , where they help you fill in and tell you they way they waned most documents. ALso did you submit originals of copies, especially orig police cert. Just point fo you to help you .. if it was any of what i mentioned. :)

hey, thanks for replies. Yes I went to USIT but I hadn't the forms completely filled out at the time as I hadn't had time before the meeting. However the lady in USIT manually filled them out for me to make sure so that I'd know exactly what to do when filling it in myself online after, and I'm sure I copied them exactly.

There seems to be a serious divide on this thread with regards to whether the police cert needs to be original or not...I assume they send back the original with your rejected application?? If not are there any nice gardaí on this thread who'd fast-track a police cert for me??? :D

hey, thanks for replies. Yes I went to USIT but I hadn't the forms completely filled out at the time as I hadn't had time before the meeting. However the lady in USIT manually filled them out for me to make sure so that I'd know exactly what to do when filling it in myself online after, and I'm sure I copied them exactly.

There seems to be a serious divide on this thread with regards to whether the police cert needs to be original or not...I assume they send back the original with your rejected application?? If not are there any nice gardaí on this thread who'd fast-track a police cert for me??? :D

Original Police cert is required, with correct spelling and info yes. You signed every place and dated in pen yeah for every form in the application and not on the pc. Anyway geuss you wil find out when you get it back, if you cant think of what it was that is.

right, I was just talking to the lady from USIT there. Place is safe :)

Regarding what could be wrong, she pointed out that someone was refused recently as they had changed the way that they wrote the 'A' in their signature from how it is written in their passport....I did notice this point in the guidelines on the WHV application and tried to replicate my old signature as my 's's have changed but perhaps they weren't fooled??! will let you know anyway what it was when I get my application back

So I got my application forms back yesterday which was fairly quick to be fair! Turns out that the 3 page IEC application form, I only printed one and photocopied it a second time, the photocopy is in colour and looks exactly like the original, but my signature was copied too. My own fault really! :o I was just so caught up with the excitement of sending it off I didn't even think twice about it! Oh well, just sent my second attempt off today.

But on another note, did anyone else get the email about the changes being made to the application form? I've sent mine off today so I'll be ok but if you don't send the old one by the 30th you must download a new form! Just a word of warning to anyone who is sending off another one! ;)

So I got my application forms back yesterday which was fairly quick to be fair! Turns out that the 3 page IEC application form, I only printed one and photocopied it a second time, the photocopy is in colour and looks exactly like the original, but my signature was copied too. My own fault really! :o I was just so caught up with the excitement of sending it off I didn't even think twice about it! Oh well, just sent my second attempt off today.

But on another note, did anyone else get the email about the changes being made to the application form? I've sent mine off today so I'll be ok but if you don't send the old one by the 30th you must download a new form! Just a word of warning to anyone who is sending off another one! ;)

Nice, that's fast. I'm still waiting for mine, been almost a couple of weeks.

Dam sorry to hear that, yeah that copy of 3 pages IEC is triky, did you just have pen, orig signatures on the first copy was it and nothing on the second one? Even if it had some original signing in some feilds on the second copy, not all you would have been fine id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

It's 30th April, not March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jules1979

Has anyone else had problems getting their application fee refunded? My application was refused on Feb 16 and I still haven't received my money back. I sent them my bank info and followed the procedure in place and nothing. Is there a number I can call? I've emailed that email address on the website a few times now and no one has bothered answering me:mad:

jules1979 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had problems getting their application fee refunded? My application was refused on Feb 16 and I still haven't received my money back. I sent them my bank info and followed the procedure in place and nothing. Is there a number I can call? I've emailed that email address on the website a few times now and no one has bothered answering me:mad:

Jules did you get refused on phase 2 ??? how many days after you go the email that it was sent to uk was it refused ? I would call them . Did you apply again ?

I got my conditional acceptance email on Jan 31 and my refusal email on Feb 16!! So I was refused in UK. I'm on my third and final time now.

I got my conditional acceptance email on Jan 31 and my refusal email on Feb 16!! So I was refused in UK. I'm on my third and final time now.

WOW... really.. so about 2 and half weeks in uk was it.. Can i ask what was the reason you were refused? ... im sure you wil be ok for 3rd time

first time was the garda cert, then the second time was because I photocopied the signature (the first 3 pages of the application) It is just retarded the way they are nit picking over stupid things. The Garda Cert I can understand, but not the second

first time was the garda cert, then the second time was because I photocopied the signature (the first 3 pages of the application) It is just retarded the way they are nit picking over stupid things. The Garda Cert I can understand, but not the second

oh!!! EM so was it one week at uk for both applications . Em did you have anywriting on the second copy first 3 pages that is, even one feild maby . I had no writing for my name now on the second one, only tw0 feilds and also had copied my photo id to the second one. I didnt get refused doh. stil worried about it doh but im waiting longer than 4 weeks anyways lolz . So yours was fully copied was it , no writing ?

Yeah , The second copy being copied is picking at things, geuss would be classes as minor.

Has anyone applied with a common law partner? I sent mine off last week but I'm a bit worried about the photos.
    For my first 3 page form I stapled 1 photo of each of us as it asked for one of each person travelling, did the same for his form - 1 photo each. But left the second 3 page forms with no photos, is this correct?

Has anyone applied with a common law partner? I sent mine off last week but I'm a bit worried about the photos.
    For my first 3 page form I stapled 1 photo of each of us as it asked for one of each person travelling, did the same for his form - 1 photo each. But left the second 3 page forms with no photos, is this correct?

I would like to apply to the IEC initiative. Can my partner* come with me without a work permit? (*The word ‘’partner’’ designates a spouse or common-law partner.)
    Yes. At the time of applying, you must indicate that you are a couple by:
    • Completing all the boxes in the appropriate column in section 1 of the IEC application form.
    • Attaching 2 identity photos of your spouse, as per the requirements set out by Citizenship and Immigration Canada: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf. These photos must be stapled to the bottom of your application form, face-up, next to yours. Each of the photos must have the signature of your partner on the back.
    • Attaching a legible photocopy of the identification pages of his/her passport (family name, given name(s), date of birth, issuance and expiry dates). If your partner would like to remain in Canada for as long as you, his/her passport must be valid long enough to cover this period.
    Your partner will be considered a temporary resident (visitor, tourist) in Canada and will not be able to work there. The duration of his/her visitor status will be determined by the Immigration Officer at a Canadian port of entry. For more information on temporary residence status in Canada, please click here.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I had already read that, it's not really clear though. There is only room for 2 passport photos per form so I put one of each of us on each 3 page form (if you get me!).

Is that correct does anyone know? There are 2 photos of each of us in the same envelope so hopefully it's ok....

If anyone who has applied with their partner and rec'd approval could let me know what they did that'd be great!

Advertisement