Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removed from Electoral Registry

Options
  • 24-02-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I voted at home in the last European Election so I had assumed that I would still be getting my voting card at home.
    However, when my voting card failed to turn up I called the local council and was informed that I had been removed from the registry! Yet they failed to notify me of this!
    Now I cannot vote in this election. Is there anything I can do?

Anyone experience the same?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭solovely

The same thing happened to my sister, and she has no idea why. Apparently it happens if you are not living at home, but she has been back living at home for the past two years. Strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

it's up to you to make sure that you're on the register, you can check it online @ www.checktheregister.ie, at your local library etc.

They send people around door to door, to see if those listed are still alive and living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Is there anything that can be done at this stage to get a vote if your not on the registry???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Big Vern wrote: »
    Is there anything that can be done at this stage to get a vote if your not on the registry???

Not at this late stage. If you had known about two weeks ago, you could have gotten on the supplementary register.

Sorry. :(

Perhaps you are still registered on a previous address? From a college address or similar? For the Lisbon "Ah go on" vote I was registered at my college address, even though I had voted elsewhere between college and Lisbon II.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

reallyrose wrote: »
    Not at this late stage. If you had known about two weeks ago, you could have gotten on the supplementary register.

Sorry. :(

Perhaps you are still registered on a previous address? From a college address or similar? For the Lisbon "Ah go on" vote I was registered at my college address, even though I had voted elsewhere between college and Lisbon II.

Was asking for someone else, im on the reg, made sure ages ago...wasnt missing voting in this election for anything!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I got 3 polling cards!
    The system is a total joke !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

An elderly woman despondent about the state of the country has returned to the island she lived on for 56 years to cast her vote. Ms O'Malley lived with her husband on the island for over five decades but moved in with her daughter Mary on nearby Achill three years ago. http://www.marketrasenmail.co.uk/news/elderly_voter_back_for_island_poll_1_2442290

So she has been living somewhere for three years but still has a vote at a different address..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

I had to go in twice for a chat since they messed up my entry,
    the last time they gave me letter which I need to show when voting, no polling card of course received this time

used to get 2 cards before :)

the system is messed up alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I'm not living at home for 3 years, but my vote is still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I filled in the change of address forms and I'm still getting polling cards at my old address. They never deleted me properly :(

I think it should be a single national registry with your PPS number along side your name to avoid double registering.

You'd really wonder if some people vote in multiple constituencies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slothrop

the council sends some jackeens round to check on occupancy and every time they fail to let my 86 year old father get to his door before they slip off

so then its down to the office to put him back on because some magistrate just signs-off on his removal

tedious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I voted at home in the last European Election so I had assumed that I would still be getting my voting card at home.
    However, when my voting card failed to turn up I called the local council and was informed that I had been removed from the registry! Yet they failed to notify me of this!
    Now I cannot vote in this election. Is there anything I can do?

Anyone experience the same?

Thanks.

Man, i am just raging.

I wondered why i did not get my voting card.

I phoned up Waterford city council where i was told i was also removed from the register.

Some guy called around last October, got no answer and then removed me.

No slip of paper in the door or a letter explaining themselves.

It is an outrage that this can happen in 2011 :confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

I have 2 polling cards for 2 different constituencies!

My home address which I requested be cancelled 2 days before the deadline and my present address which I had added on the same form.

Advertisement