Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Liberalism the new Conservatism for the fool Irish?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 9:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

I remember a while ago a person here made a topic about the paper Alive!

And the abuse, hatred, and vile comments made against that newspaper, for no reason, were something rotten. The moderators didn't only not do anything about it, they actually encouraged it or were involved in it.

IMO, the idiot Irish (most Irish, I am Irish but I'm talking in general) have come full circle. It was the parents and grandparents of the idiot liberalized fools in Ireland now who were the ones who were MOST under the foot of the Catholic Church in Ireland. And now you hate them so much because you have such issues, you think you're "above" them.

One severely mentally impaired individual even said something about how the people who read Alive! should all be killed. I found that extremely insulting, because my dad used to be a "casual" Catholic who sometimes read that paper. I am an atheist myself, but I just find it so sickening that these people who are such idiots are of such low self-esteem that they feel the need to take it out on others.

If it were a Muslim paper talking about Muslim activities and someone made a topic about it here, would you have people shouting vile insults at it? No, you'd be banned, and probably a complaint made to the gardai if someone said something about the people who read it should be shot.

And really, Ireland was stupidly conservative years ago. Now it's become the exact opposite, people think that if you're against immigration you must be some conservative fool. They seem to think if you're against homosexual marriage (which I am), you must be some conservative nitwit when it is they themselves who are retarded.

So IMO Irish people are in general extremely weak-minded idiots who know nothing and just go along with whatever is the "cool" thing to do in the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Calling people retarded for disagreeing with you without backing up what you are saying is pretty ret. Wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

They seem to think if you're against homosexual marriage (which I am), you must be some conservative nitwit when it is they themselves who are retarded.

Well, you're hardly open to change and reform? Well guess what, you're conservative then as you sound the opposite of a liberal person, it's kinda in the name you know?

And I'm a retard just because I support equal rights for pretty much everyone? Damn, didn't know I was handicapped, must get that checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I blame the far-left loons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

You watch fair city, your opinion is invalid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

RMD wrote: »
    Well, you're hardly open to change and reform? Well guess what, you're conservative then as you don't sound the opposite of a liberal person, it's kinda in the name you know?

And I'm a retard just because I support equal rights for pretty much everyone? Damn, didn't know I was handicapped, must get that checked out.

I never said that, I said the people who consider themselves "superior" to other people who are against such things.

Older conservative people for example. The younger liberalized people have no respect for them, consider them stupid, even many politicians do.

They are all completely for ruining our foods bringing GM foods into the country, and they dont know anything themselves. They trust what the people in Brussels say, they trust the bankers and the "scientists" who say it's all okay and make stupid amounts of money from it.

I'm against a homosexual couple raising a child, because it's not something that's natural. It's not something that's seen in nature. I believe that homosexuality is a flaw.

I'm flawed also in many ways, I don't go around pretending that I'm not flawed in those ways. And the sooner we start to get honest with ourselves, the better it will be for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

If you go along with whats cool you are not liberal you are conservative. You are mixing the two terms up op

I'm against a homosexual couple raising a child, because it's not something that's natural. It's not something that's seen in nature. I believe that homosexuality is a flaw.

Luckily, it is seen in nature, so you're completely wrong.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK4urY7niL8

It is outrageous to say Alive! readers should be killed when simply removing their right to vote would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

And the abuse, hatred, and vile comments made against that newspaper, for no reason, were something rotten. The moderators didn't only not do anything about it, they actually encouraged it or were involved in it.

IMO, the idiot Irish (most Irish, I am Irish but I'm talking in general) have come full circle. It was the parents and grandparents of the idiot liberalized fools in Ireland now who were the ones who were MOST under the foot of the Catholic Church in Ireland. And now you hate them so much because you have such issues, you think you're "above" them.

One severely mentally impaired individual even said something about how the people who read Alive! should all be killed. I found that extremely insulting, because my dad used to be a "casual" Catholic who sometimes read that paper. I am an atheist myself, but I just find it so sickening that these people who are such idiots are of such low self-esteem that they feel the need to take it out on others.

If it were a Muslim paper talking about Muslim activities and someone made a topic about it here, would you have people shouting vile insults at it? No, you'd be banned, and probably a complaint made to the gardai if someone said something about the people who read it should be shot.

And really, Ireland was stupidly conservative years ago. Now it's become the exact opposite, people think that if you're against immigration you must be some conservative fool. They seem to think if you're against homosexual marriage (which I am), you must be some conservative nitwit when it is they themselves who are retarded.

So IMO Irish people are in general extremely weak-minded idiots who know nothing and just go along with whatever is the "cool" thing to do in the day.

Well done, another thread from Irish person hating on Irish people.

The whole thing is just far too ironic to go any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

I'm against a homosexual couple raising a child, because it's not something that's natural. It's not something that's seen in nature.

:pac:

do a little reading, you're way off the mark there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

So IMO Irish people are in general extremely weak-minded idiots who know nothing and just go along with whatever is the "cool" thing to do in the da.

You didnt think that through really, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Good lord. The level of arrogance seeping out of the OP is quite astonishing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

And really, Ireland was stupidly conservative years ago. Now it's become the exact opposite

Intelligently liberal? :confused:

I blame the PC brigade. It's always the PC brigade.

I blame the PC brigade. It's always the PC brigade.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's tolerance and understanding.

Two things then.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

:pac:

do a little reading, you're way off the mark there.

I am not.

Almost all of these so-called "homosexual" animals are actually bisexual, they like both males and females. This is vastly different to the mythical exclusively homosexual animals.

Animals that were exclusively homosexuals would not make evolutionary sense. I heard of one single case of "homosexual penguins".... this is probably because they had made some mistake or maybe their hormones weren't right (possibly due to human activity).

Humans are like this because of an unnatural and artificial environment. Males nowadays are known to be very at risk to being exposed to unnaturally large amounts of female hormones while in the womb and very young... this is a scientific fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I'm flawed also in many ways, I don't go around pretending that I'm not flawed in those ways. And the sooner we start to get honest with ourselves, the better it will be for everyone.

Firstly, you have some groundbreaking scientific research to hand to back this claim up I presume.

Secondly, you clearly haven't a clue what liberalism is. You seem to think it's some sort of social democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭dilbert2

That's a bit much don't you think - so if you take a critical look at something like the Alive! magazine which is shoved into half of Dublin's letter boxes on a monthly basis, you're a "liberal idiot".

Alive! is ok of course, providing you aren't (a) gay, (b) non-catholic, (c) a single mother, (d) premarital sex enjoyer, (e) a Labour supporter, (f) non-religious, and god knows what else. To be honest, why an atheist should criticise a thread taking a critical look at what is in effect a bigoted and borderline lunatic rag which also pukes out bile about supposedly "evil atheists" is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Ah. Aha-ha. ha. Ah.

Do you think it's natural to eat cooked meat every day? To wear clothes? To be childless until your thirties? To undergo surgery? To adopt someone else's child?

Our default method of child rearing is cultural, not natural. Look up kibbutzim.

Humans are like this because of an unnatural and artificial environment. Males nowadays are known to be very at risk to being exposed to unnaturally large amounts of female hormones while in the womb and very young... this is a scientific fact.

Homosexuality has always been prevalent in human societies...it isn't something new. Females are also capable of being homosexual, it isn't just limited to men.

• Advertisement

I am not.

Almost all of these so-called "homosexual" animals are actually bisexual, they like both males and females. This is vastly different to the mythical exclusively homosexual animals.

Animals that were exclusively homosexuals would not make evolutionary sense. I heard of one single case of "homosexual penguins".... this is probably because they had made some mistake or maybe their hormones weren't right (possibly due to human activity).

Can you back up this scientific fact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

I am not.

:pac: "almost all" of them, eh?

citation pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Homosexuality has always been prevalent in human societies...it isn't something new. Females are also capable of being homosexual, it isn't just limited to men.

It was rife in Sparta and Ancient Greece.

Those ancient Greeks experimenting with their hormones. DISGUSTING.

wrong, it was invented in the 60's and went mainstream in the 70's.

i read it on the intertube.

RichieC wrote: »

I saw some videos on it. Well dirty it was in the seventies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Can you back up this scientific fact?

OP already ragged on scientists, I wouldn't hold out for that.

I don't really see what the point of the original post was. You don't like people giving out about Alive. I've read it a few times; it was part of my religion class in school (a state funded school). Far-right extreme religious bigotry used as teaching material in a classroom? A disgrace. And this was in the 90s. But I digress...

Social contexts change.

RichieC wrote: »

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I saw some videos on it. Well dirty it was in the seventies.

Bull****....it only began in 1986.....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

You however are different.

You've gone rogue.

You're a deep thinker, unaffected by prevailing trends which serve only to replace religion with a secular devotion to a jumble of nonsensical laws which defy the natural order, promote mad science & encourage amoral governance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Bull****....it only began in 1986.....:P

Born in 1986, were you?

Ya dirty rascal.

Advertisement